2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift Revealed

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 55 comments
Any news on the Sport? Figure they will show it next week at SEMA but not sure...

Sorry for not responding earlier, as you've now found out: yep, Sport gets the same front end treatment. I've heard that it's only visual changes. There's no chassis modifications compared to yours. I wondered if it might adopt some of the Veloster Turbo's unique bits, but seems not.

Sorry for not responding earlier, as you've now found out: yep, Sport gets the same front end treatment. I've heard that it's only visual changes. There's no chassis modifications compared to yours. I wondered if it might adopt some of the Veloster Turbo's unique bits, but seems not.
Hopefully the torque vectoring at least...

Okay. From the official pictures, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra/Avante actually doesn't look horrid. I don't like the 2019's Elantra as much as, say... the 2011-2015 Elantra, which I think is the most beautiful of all generations of the Elantra. The side profile and the rear are styled quite well on the 2019 Elantra. The front, however, is a touch overaggressive for me to totally like it. It is still surely elegant.

Previously, I was going to rail this car based on the opening post. I do adore this car fairly well, though. Just not head-over-heels in love with it.

Wow, that's freaking awful. It doesn't even look any different than the regular car.

I saw a new one in the hotel parking lot last night and it's atrocious. So much worse and generic than the previous one. There is no rhyme or reason to having ridiculous triangular headlights when that style feature doesn't repeat anywhere else on the car.

I absolutely would not buy the new Sport. I want the previous one because it's very handsome and mature looking. This new one just looks ridiculous and is a terrible mistake.

Official pics of the Avante Sport
7ad92097-2019-hyundai-avante-sport-2.jpg
ae264d64-2019-hyundai-avante-sport-3.jpg
071b7da7-2019-hyundai-avante-sport-1.jpeg

They should have made the piece between hood and grill inline with the headlights, like this
20181107_204659.jpg

(Yes I know, I did it quickly on my phone)

Last edited:
I tried a little editing but I think I made it worse... doesn't help that my Photoshop skills are practically non-existent.

improv.PNG

I tried a little editing but I think I made it worse... doesn't help that my Photoshop skills are practically non-existent.

View attachment 778862

When you chop off the tip of the triangle, you've now come closer to a Sonata.

I'm seeing more of these in my area. 2 or 3 employees have shown up to work with the 2019s. It's showing some success at appealing to some target audience.

The Elantra GT N-Line keeps the old fascia, and seemingly adopts all of the under-the-skin bits of the Veloster Turbo. So that's good!
It's actually replacing the GT Sport. So pretty much the same as 2018 but with N style bumpers, N bits in the interior, revised suspension and increased engine mount stiffness.

It's actually replacing the GT Sport. So pretty much the same as 2018 but with N style bumpers, N bits in the interior, revised suspension and increased engine mount stiffness.

Ah. The revised suspension and engine mounts are what I understood were missing from the GT Sport, and coming in from the Veloster. And the tires too, come to think of it.

A friend almost bought the Veloster a few months ago, but needed just a little more practicality to its shape. He's gonna be pissed. :lol:

They murdered one of the best looking cars on the market. I do however feel the older one won't age well.

Ah. The revised suspension and engine mounts are what I understood were missing from the GT Sport, and coming in from the Veloster. And the tires too, come to think of it.

A friend almost bought the Veloster a few months ago, but needed just a little more practicality to its shape. He's gonna be pissed. :lol:
I knew this was coming. They're actually hitting dealers right now.

I don't hate it but unfortunately it's still less pretty than the previous-gen sedan.

I don't hate it but unfortunately it's still less pretty than the previous-gen sedan.
After seeing this thing in person at Detroit and finding out the driving position is great, my opinion has changed. This car is at the top of my list now. I still think the Elantra Sport sedan is gorgeous but this N-Line is nicer than I thought.

This thing looks so disgusting I half expected them to have completely changed it by the time it actually showed up in dealerships here. Lo and behold, saw my first wild one today, and it definately still looks as bad as when they revealed it.

Had a 2019 Hyundai Elantra SE with less than 500km on it as a courtesy car for today... It actually doesn't look bad at all in person. Very nice actually.

Interior
-I think I like the elbow rest thing more than the arm rest lol.
-I actually really like the 3 knobs for climate control more than what I have in the Sonata
-Its rather loud. About the same as my mother's 2014 Corolla, I can hear the birds chirping across the parking lot and the wind outside.
-Comfortable seating position

Performance
-I'm surprised how... Eager the car is. Like a hyperactive puppy. It feels like it really wants to move. Very responsive acceleration and steering.
-Braking feels weird... Probably because I'm used to regenerative braking though, have the same issue with other courtesy cars and the Corolla. I often glance down at the speedometer to make sure I'm actually slowing down

My only issues was that the trunk handle so you don't have to push down/grab on the trunk to close it is mostly useless because regardless of how hard I pull down on it the momentum doesn't appear to be enough to close it. Also, the headlights aren't automatic, so I just left them on to avoid any future incidents.

Latest Posts

Back