2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
Alright, let's do this! Time to start another week of NFL football! Tonight's match involves the New York Jets at the Baltimore Ravens. To most people, this is just going to be a showcase of Lamar Jackson's awesomeness. For Jets fans, this is a chance to take down the Ravens in their house. Either way, I believe we have two GTPlaneteers who are fans of either team respectively. So we welcome another inner-forum rivalry.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching/following!

I was out and about today, so I didn't get a chance to see the Houston Texans take on the Tennessee Titans in Nashville. Turns out that we won 24-21 in a battle for 1st Place in the AFC South. The few times I did get to follow the game was when I was in San Antonio with the game on TV at a restaurant/bakery. That time, I saw that the Texans were leading 24-21 with about 2:04 left in the game. I checked earlier and saw that the Texans led 14-0 early on. So I'm obviously pleased my beloved NFL team won.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're playing our final road game of the season this Saturday at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

Not quite sure what Will Grier has to do to for the Panthers to give him a shot at starting. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Kyle Allen.

Colts at Saints TONIGHT!

New Orleans is ready to host Monday Night Football this week. If I recall correctly, the Saints last played on MNF earlier this year hosting my Texans, beating the Texans on a game-winning field goal. So now the Saints will welcome the Indianapolis Colts to The Big Easy. The match is AFC South meets NFC South. Indianapolis is 6-7 and 3rd in the AFC South while New Orleans is 10-3 and won the NFC South. Neither team really has anything to lose, especially New Orleans clinching the NFC South. Time to find out who the better team is tonight.

New Orleans is favored by 9, and 47 points is the Over/Under. Bet wisely if you are betting on this one.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching/following!

Conglatulation Raiders. You not only lost another game, you LOST YOUR FINAL GAME IN OAKLAND.

You are simply unwatchable.

Gruden, please, for the love of god, get rid of Carr and find us someone that can develop him.

The New Orleans Saints have been ballin' all season long, and they whacked the Indianapolis Colts real good last night. Like, 34-7 good.

The penultimate week of regular season NFL football is this week. It's Week 16 with games on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Night. Allow me to highlight on two of the many matches this week:

* KC Chiefs at CHI Bears (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* GB Packers at MIN Vikings (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Don't worry- the NFL has you covered this week, as they do just about every week.

It's time to update the Playoffs list. Who's IN!? Latest additions (changes in italics):

--- Who's IN! AFC ---
New England (currently lead AFC East), Buffalo (clinched playoff berth)
Baltimore (2019 AFC North champs)
...AFC South Champions...
Kansas City (2019 AFC West champs)
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...

--- Who's IN! NFC ---
...NFC East Champions...
Green Bay (currently lead NFC North)
New Orleans (2019 NFC South champs)
Seattle and San Francisco (tied for NFC West lead)
...NFC Wild Card 1...
...NFC Wild Card 2...

Nobody has yet clinched home advantage throughout the playoffs. There is still lots to play for regardless.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy Week 16!

[UPDATE/OMISSION] Forgot to report on IND at NO from last night. Additions and changes made.

The new week begins today! I hope your favorite team(s) win this week. Enjoy all of the action!

I'm sorry I didn't get to report on my Texans earlier, so let me change that. My Houston Texans took Tampa Bay down 24-21 in a crazy contest. The crowd in Tampa Bay saw their Buccaneers turn the ball over a whole lot. Texans' defense was stingy and feisty for the most part. Jameis Winston got picked off by HOU four times. The Texans are once again AFC South Champions in a season where my expectations were very low. Their ability to answer the bell and play hard regardless has me smiling.

Up next for the Houston Texans... our final game of the season is at home next Sunday afternoon against our rival Tennessee Titans. We call it the "TNT Rivalry" down here.

Before I hype up this Sunday of action, let me update the Playoffs list. Who's IN!? Latest additions (changes in italics):

--- Who's IN! AFC ---
New England (2019 AFC East Champions)
Baltimore (2019 AFC North champs; clinched Home advantage)
Houston (2019 AFC South Champions)

Kansas City (2019 AFC West champs)
Buffalo (clinched playoff berth)
...AFC Wild Card 2...

--- Who's IN! NFC ---
...NFC East Champions...
Green Bay (currently lead NFC North)
New Orleans (2019 NFC South champs)
San Francisco (currently lead NFC West)
Seattle (clinched playoff berth)
Minnesota (clinched playoff berth)

Nobody has yet clinched home advantage throughout the playoffs. There is still lots to play for regardless. Perhaps the playoff picture will be clearer as this week's games conclude. Enjoy all of the action this week has to offer.

[UPDATE] MIN clinched playoff berth. BAL clinched AFC Home Advantage. Changes made.

Last edited:
The Bengals tried to (potentially) lose the #1 pick with a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback against the Dolphins. Thankfully it only resulted in a loss in overtime. They are now officially on the clock. :)

The Bengals tried to (potentially) lose the #1 pick with a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback against the Dolphins. Thankfully it only resulted in a loss in overtime. They are now officially on the clock. :)

The Panthers currently have the #8 pick. Don't like their chances of staying inside the top ten though. Saints will probably play all of their backups next week.

Packers at Vikings TONIGHT!

This Monday Night is the Monday Night Football finale of the 2019 NFL season. So to end the final Monday Night Football game of the season, we have two Midwestern rivals ready to clash in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA in an NFC North showdown. Both Green Bay and Minnesota have impressive records so far. Both teams don't really have anything to lose, since both the Packers and Vikings each clinched Playoff berths. Green Bay leads the NFC North with a record of 11-3, and Minnesota is 2nd in the NFC North with a record of 10-4. This is not a match of one or both teams completely out of it and playing for next season. This is instead two double-digit win teams trying to make lasting impressions... perhaps at the other team's expense. We'll find out tonight who will prove to be the better of these two proud franchises.

Final betting information... Minnesota is favored by 5, and the Over/Under is 47 points. Place your bets wisely.

Should you be watching or following this game in some capacity, enjoy tonight's Monday Night Football season finale!

Basically tonight game is to clinch the NFC north title.
Packers win they clinch.
Vikings win, then it's onto the final week.

But for sure it's not the last time I don't think that these will meet.
I have feeling that Packers/Vikings will be showing up in the playoffs again.

It's the final week of the 2019 regular season of the NFL. It's Week 17! Every team plays in one day. If playoff slots aren't filled yet, then they will be after this Super Sunday of NFL football. Teams already in the Playoffs have a chance to sweeten the offer. Teams completely out of it are simply playing for pride and maybe something to build on for the 2020 season. Teams still with limited hope will have to hope certain other teams win just to help your favorite team(s) have a better chance of making the postseason. Either way, it's going to be a wild finish.

Enjoy Week 17! By the way, Green Bay smacked Minnesota last night 23-10 in Minneapolis.

"___ clinch ___ with AND/OR ___ win/loss." This is one of those late-season weeks where teams you don't care much about have to win or lose just for your favorite team(s) to make the postseason. There will be action on Sunday and only on Sunday this week. Here are the Postseason scenarios for each of the teams still in it, courtesy of Yahoo! Sports: https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-playoff-projection-breaking-down-all-the-week-17-madness-140032719.html

The team who basically has to hope for miracles to happen to make the postseason would be the Oakland Raiders. Oakland has to beat Denver and hope something happens to four other teams for OAK to make the postseason. Think this sounds like hopelessness? Well, my Houston Texans were in this situation once. We needed to win our game and hope everybody else stumbled. All of the ones we needed to lose lost... except one. I think we needed the New York Jets to either win or lose to their opponent in the Sunday Night game, and it was a 35-0 blank job that took us out of postseason contention that season. It can be done, though. Of course, my Texans won the AFC South this season, so all we're trying to do is sweeten the offer heading into the postseason.

Nothing much more for me to say than... enjoy the final week of the season! Remember- all the action is on Sunday. All teams playing on the same day and even in the nightcap.

Every NFL team. One day. The 2019 regular season finale is today and tonight. Even if your team has nothing to play for, at least win today to go into 2020 with a smile on your face. At least make your fans happy. That said... enjoy this final regular season day of the 2019 season!

Thank goodness we weren't trying to save our Playoff hopes. Otherwise, we would have screwed up big time. Tennessee trashed the Texans 35-14 with many of our starters sitting out preparing for the Playoffs.

Up next for the Houston Texans... they are in one of the two AFC Wild Card games, as we host the Buffalo Bills. I think if the Texans drop this one, Bill O'Brien should be fired and replaced with a coach that can take us to the Super Bowl. Buffalo is still a very dangerous team that the Texans should not take lightly.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week, including those who either made the Playoffs or sweetened their offer. Better luck next season to those who did not advance to the postseason.

[UPDATE] Forgot to mention "one of the TWO AFC Wild Card games." Changes made.

Last edited:
Wow, did the Seahawks get lazy on not challenging that penalty in the end zone? And did they get lazy when lining up after spiking the ball, or confused? It feels like the Seahawks lost, rather than the Niners winning.

Jerome

After all the running, passing, kicking, and tackling from Sunday's games, we have now come to the conclusion of the 2019 NFL regular season. Of the league's 32 teams, 12 will have a chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in Miami in Super Bowl LIV. Here is how the regular season of the NFL's historic 100th season of football ends:

--- LEGEND ---
! = playoff team
!! = Division winner
!!! = Home Advantage

--- AFC ---
AFC EAST: New England!! (12-4), BUF! (10-6), NYJ (7-9), MIA (5-11)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore!!! (14-2), PIT (8-8), CLE (6-10), CIN (2-14)
AFC SOUTH: Houston!! (10-6), TEN! (9-7), IND (7-9), JAX (6-10)
AFC WEST: Kansas City!! (12-4), DEN and OAK (7-9 each), LAC (5-11)

--- NFC ---
NFC EAST: Philadelphia!! (9-7), DAL (8-8), NYG (4-12), WAS (3-13)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay!! (13-3), MIN! (10-6), CHI (8-8), DET (3-12-1)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans!! (13-3), ATL and TB (7-9 each), CAR (5-11)
NFC WEST: San Francisco!!! (13-3), SEA! (11-5), LAR (9-7), ARI (5-10-1)

Home advantage in the AFC goes to the Baltimore Ravens, and home advantage in the NFC goes to the San Francisco 49ers. Both of those teams get First-Round Byes. Cincinnati locked up the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Here are the matches to be played out on the weekend of January 4, 2020 and January 5, 2020:
* BUF Bills at HOU Texans
* TEN Titans at NE Patriots
* MIN Vikings at NO Saints
* SEA Seahawks at PHI Eagles

And in the Divisional Round:
* (lowest remaining AFC Wild Card seed) at BAL
* (highest remaining AFC Wild Card seed) at KC
* (lowest remaining NFC Wild Card seed) at SF
* (highest remaining NFC Wild Card seed) at GB

Congratulations to all teams that advanced to the postseason. Teams now are trying to prove they are worthy enough to be champions of the league for the 2019 NFL season. Even those more lucky than good have as much a chance to win it all. At this level, it's literally "win or go home." There is no Third Place Game or loser's bracket. You lose, you're done. See you next season. So make that winning push!

I wouldn't put too much on New England being vulnerable. We tried that last season, and how did New England end up last postseason? Oh nothing... just another shiny Lombardi Trophy in their collection. I even did not believe my Houston Texans would amount to much this season, yet they ended up winning the AFC South even without the services of J.J. Watt (for most of the season) followed by shipping off JaDeveon Clowney to Seattle. So anything can happen as the Postseason commences.

As a little news note, NYG coach Pat Shurmur was fired by the Giants. He accumulated a 9-23 record in two seasons coaching the Giants. This reportedly begins a search for a third coach of the team in five years.

The action begins this coming Saturday with the Wild Card games.

[UPDATE] changed playoff information regarding the Divisional games.

Last edited:
Wow, did the Seahawks get lazy on not challenging that penalty in the end zone? And did they get lazy when lining up after spiking the ball, or confused? It feels like the Seahawks lost, rather than the Niners winning.

Jerome

If it's inside the last two minutes, a team can't challenge it. It has to be a booth review. According to what I heard this morning, the booth did look at it and determined there wasn't enough there to review it.

I am sorry I didn't hype up the NFL Wild Card round any sooner, but it's the Wild Card Round right now!

As of the time of this post, the Buffalo Bills played at the Houston Texans on a beautiful, sunny Saturday afternoon. And good grief... did you see the Bills at Texans AFC Wild Card game? The Texans ended up winning in Overtime 22-19 scoring 19 unanswered points. A sack by the returning J.J. Watt helped become the catalyst of a Texans surge. Buffalo brought the game into Overtime, but it was the Texans' K. Fairbairn that kicked the game-winning 28-yard field goal. It was an awesome comeback! Depending on what happens between TEN and NE, the Texans will get either Baltimore or Kansas City next in the Divisional games. GO TEXANS!

This game was kind of a GTP inner-forum rivalry among my Texans and samurai8juice's Bills. Buffalo was going to be a tough out. So I didn't underestimate the Buffalo Bills in the least sense. This was a pretty crazy game. Thankfully, we were on the WINNING end for a change.

Coming up in mere moments, it's the Tennessee Titans at the New England Patriots in the other AFC Wild Card game. Or in the thoughts of Jason Whitlock of FOX Sports 1's "Speak for Yourself," the end of the Patriots' dynasty. Congratulations to the other eventual Wild Card round winners.

Back