2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
I had to work today. I got online to check the score of the game a little after 3 to see the Bengals down 42-10 or something stupid like that. I just laughed.

Some sad news to report. Detroit Lions WR Charles Rodgers died today at the age of 38. He played in college at Michigan State. Charles Rodgers also has had some issues with the law and substance abuse. I offer my condolences in loving memory of Charles Rodgers. On a lighter note...

Seahawks at 49ers TONIGHT!

In vogue this Monday Night is the NFC West and two potent teams in that division. The Seattle Seahawks are plenty capable sitting at 7-2 and 2nd in the NFC West. There is not really a bird called a seahawk, but they are closely either ospreys or skuas from what I researched. Anyhow, the Seahawks will try tonight to take down the San Francisco 49ers, who sit at 8-0 and 1st in the NFC West. All eight games they played so far, and all eight of them failed to best the Niners. This is perhaps a Monday Night match people will actually care to see because of two WINNING teams. After all, the combined record for these two is 15-2. So these are two teams that could very well make some postseason noise. Can San Francisco remain undefeated? Or can Seattle finally end the undefeated ways of San Francisco?

Betting information is as follows: SF is favored by 6, and the Over/Under is 47.5 points. Place your bets wisely, bettors.

I hope you enjoy this game tonight if you'll be watching or following.

The Seattle Seahawks made sure the San Francisco 49ers didn't finish the season unbeaten. So the 1972 Miami Dolphins can keep celebrating being the only unbeaten team in NFL history. Seattle beat San Francisco 27-24 in Santa Clara, CA in Overtime.

And on that bombshell, we enter Week 11. Among the various games this week, here are some of the many matches to come as well as who all will take this week off:

* PIT Steelers at CLE Browns (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CHI Bears at LAR Rams (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* KC Chiefs at LAR Chargers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL; game played in Mexico City, Mexico)

Bye Week Teams for Week 11: Green Bay, New York Giants, Seattle, Tennessee

So it looks like this week, you're going to get some AFC North action in northeastern Ohio, and both Los Angeles teams getting prime time love respectively on Sunday Night and Monday Night. Temperatures are getting colder while the NFL action is heating up. Get out and enjoy the matches as we head into December!

I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well. Enjoy Week 11!

[UPDATE/OMISSION] SEA def. SF in Overtime. Chiefs vs. Chargers to be played in Mexico City, Mexico.

Last edited:
Learning of Colin Kaepernick getting worked out is an interesting deal. Some would want a team to pick him up. Some others think he shouldn't be allowed to play again. I wonder what you all think.

Meanwhile, and if you don't mind, I feel time to assess my team- the Houston Texans.

The 2019 Houston Texans were a team I had no expectations for before the season started. All this talk of a by-committee managed team along with the loss of JaDeveon Clowney and others meant this was going to be a mediocre team at best. We would later lose J.J. Watt to a pectoral injury. Even still, the Texans managed a 6-3 record up to this point and leading the AFC South. Part of the reason has been DeShaun Watson becoming much more elusive and talented. Many pen him as a potential MVP candidate this season for his dynamic play at Quarterback. The QB position is great and all, but you got to have guys who'll make you look good. To that point, DeAndre Hopkins is at his usual awesome self. Will Fuller V, Carlos Hyde, and Darren Fells have also been solid for the Texans' offensive cause. Defense has been great thanks to the likes of D.J. Reader, Whitney Mercilus, and Johnathan Joseph among others. I do hope the Texans get a bit more stingy on defense. The Texans from here on out are going to be tested severely. In fact, people think the talented Texans could miss the 2019 Playoffs. How tough will it get? Here's their remaining schedule:

HOU remaining schedule: at BAL, IND (THU. NIGHT FOOTBALL), NE (SUN. NIGHT FOOTBALL), DEN, at TEN, at TB, TEN

I think the 2019 Houston Texans can manage an AFC Wild Card berth if they don't win the AFC South. These final seven games are going to go a long way to determine how the 2019 season wraps up. I think they can handle it. Question is... WILL they?

If you want to assess your favorite team(s) or some other teams, feel free to do so. Otherwise, get ready for the Thursday night game tomorrow night between the Steelers at Browns.

Me for the last 2 years and deep into this season:

Carr is trash, he is just a stats machine, he can't win, he is soft, we should draft another Qb, Plunkett won 2 SB with awful stats, Gruden is an idiot, we traded Mack and Amari for draft picks that Mike Mayock wasted afterwards, Incognito is an awful signing, AB made a fool out of us, we are unwatchable, 2019 screams 8-8 or worse, we have no tight ends, why would you trade Conley for scraps???.... :banghead::mad::yuck:🤬

Me, after last game:

weeeeeeeee ArrrrreEeee WiiiiiniiiNNNnGGG daaaaa suuuUUUUUpEEEeeerrrrrr boooWWwwLLLL thiiiSSSS YEaaaarRRR baaaaaaaaabBBbyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I AaaaaalllWaaaayyyzzzz Belieeeeved!!!! Have your seen how Carr slings it to our tight ends???? Heeee shHHouuuLDDd Be MVPPP!!!!! RAIDER NATION FOR LIFEEEE!!!!

And no, I'm not exaggerating :lol:

I'm just happy we are no longer a clown show, last year was awful :lol:

The new week starts tonight with the Pittsburgh Steelers going to pay a visit to the Cleveland Browns. It's an AFC North tilt as Cleveland tries to "Defend the Land" from the boys from the Steel City. Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching and/or following.

The highlight of that game.

bengals-fan-joe-burrow.jpg

Cleveland Browns won 21-7 at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Cleveland. Cleveland "Defended the Land" nicely, but the real story had a LOT more to do outside of a regular NFL football game. Myles Garrett of CLE attacks Mason Rudolph by taking off Rudolph's helmet and attacking him with it. Then all Hell breaks loose as both teams rumbled. Likely suspensions and fines will be handed out. Heck, I think Myles Garrett may have seen his NFL career come to an end after last night.

I did not see this game, but I woke up to this sports news this morning. I even kind of saw a brief glance of the PIT at CLE game being reported. It wasn't until now that I found out what the big news maker was from last night. After the brawl, a number of players took to Twitter to voice their reactions to the incident. This was crazy of Pittsburgh and Cleveland to engage in something like this.

I was about to turn off the TV when the brawl happened. Man, it was INSANE.

I don't think his career is over, but he will not be seen on the football field for a long, long time. His season is likely over, but I can see him going suspended deep into next season.

You could make the argument Mason provoked him by trying to go for his helmet first, but before that Myles simply went too far with the tackle.

If you ask me, Garrett and Pouncey should be out for the rest of the season (with Myles having extra games next season, maybe 8-10 games, aaand preseason)... Decastro & Rudolph should be out for a game and Ogunjobi & Randall should be out for at least 1, maybe 2 games.

Edit: This is just in (Saw it on Instagram):

Browns DE Myles Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, at minimum for the remainder of regular season and postseason.
- Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi has been suspended one game.
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey has been suspended three games.
- Steelers and Browns organizations each fined $250,000.

So, no suspension for Rudolph and Decastro... Ok NFL, whatever :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, now... this week started with an atom bomb with the Steelers at Browns brawl from Thursday night. How will the rest of this week go? And will other teams play nice? Find out once the new week's games conclude.

Enjoy the games today, tonight, and tomorrow night!

I say it's too little too late for the Falcons but beating the Saints last week and looks like we're gonna beat the Panthers this week, both at their homes makes it a little better.

The Houston Texans are 0-5 all-time at Baltimore. Make that 0-6 all-time after failing 41-7 in B-More. There was a Pass Interference that wasn't called that could have kept the Texans' momentum going. Sadly, it probably would have been inconsequential as the Texans became the Baltimore Ravens' chew toy, scratching post, or whatever. Damned shame. And maybe that advice of Lamar Jackson being told to be more like DeShaun Watson got to Jackson personally that he decided to clobber my team. So the Texans could defeat a less-than 100 Patrick Mahomes but can't subdue a full strength Lamar Jackson. This sucked hard... unless you're a Ravens fan. Baltimore now holds a six-game winning streak after this exorcism of my Texans.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're back home for back-to-back primetime matches. We host the Indianapolis Colts this coming Thursday night. It will then be a Sunday Night match the following week at home hosting the New England Patriots. But first things first- hosting Indy this Thursday night.

Congratulations to all winners of this week's games. Hopefully your team(s) did better than mine this week.

Chiefs vs. Chargers TONIGHT!

We got the AFC West in vogue tonight for Monday Night Football. This match, though, is too good for the United States. So this match will be played in Mexico City, Mexico. These two teams represent two halves of the AFC West. It is the Kansas City Chiefs who lead the AFC West with a record of 6-4. The Los Angeles Chargers have the reverse record- 4-6 and 3rd in the AFC West. The other Los Angeles team, the Los Angeles Rams, defeated the Chicago Bears 17-7 last night in Los Angeles. Can the Chargers win and make it a winning weekend for Los Angeles types? We'll find out tonight in Mexico City!

Time for some betting talk for you bettors. Kansas City is favored by 5. The Over/Under for this one is 53 pts.

I hope you enjoy this game should you watching or following. Have a great Monday night!

The Kansas City Chiefs returned to the United States with a 24-17 victory over the Los Angeles Chargers last night. This is the 12th week of National Football League action. You ready? Here are some of the games slated for this week in the NFL:

* IND Colts at HOU Texans (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* GB Packers at SF 49ers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* BAL Ravens at LAR Rams (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WK. 12 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Arizona, Kansas City, Los Angeles Chargers, and Minnesota

Make plans for these games and more!

There have long been no more undefeated teams, but still winless are the Cincinnati Bengals now at 0-10. Coming to Cincy this coming Sunday are the Pittsburgh Steelers. I recall a few seasons ago when the started the season Bengals were 8-0. I recall it well because the Bengals took on my Texans and handed them their first loss that season on a Monday Night. This season, the Bengals started 0-8 and are now 0-10. Crazy. They'll have about six more chances to finally get a "W." The other Ohio NFL team (the Cleveland Browns) had their 0-16 season and their moments. The last thing to see happen is for the Bengals to finish winless.

The real talk in the NFL of late has been Colin Kaepernick and that workout he staged. From what I have mostly looked at, he basically has had himself a workout that all seems to be a big lie about Kaep trying to return to the NFL. Most of the different sports shows have had their say ripping the NFL and/or Kaepernick. What do you all make of this matter?

Playoff-wise, nobody has clinched anything at this point. That all will change as the season winds down. So there's still a lot to play for- even in the 1st overall draft pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. Keep playing hard! Hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well.

You ready to start a new week of NFL football? The Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans will set it off tonight here in Houston for Thursday Night Football. After being Baltimore's chew toy this past Sunday and getting ripped most of this week, the Texans have a chance to get back into winning graces by trying to take down their AFC South rival Indy.

Please enjoy this game and any others that interest you this week in the NFL.

Hope the Texans get the win. I like what Frank Reich has been able to do with his team after Luck decided to leave for good, but the way that front office neglected Luck's needs and basically allowed everyone to destroy his body and spirit makes me hate that team a whole.

First place in the AFC South was on the line last night between my Houston Texans and the visiting Indianapolis Colts, and we came away with the 20-17 victory. I am still inconfident about the Houston Texans outside of DeShaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. Defense still held up to help keep the Texans afloat. Oh, and your wish for a Texans win was granted, MoLiEG! :) Be sure to make your other two wishes to the genie.

Up next for the Houston Texans... one more serious test. At Ravens = failed [BAD]. Vs. Colts = passed! Vs. Patriots = ??? Yep- them boys from the Boston area are about to get some Dirty South lovin' when they come on down to H-Town for a Sunday Night showdown. I'm already predicting a loss; only thing is... how much a loss? Or... will we somehow get lucky and take down the New England Patriots?

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

The Texans and Colts helped set off this week's action back on Thursday. Today, the rest of the NFL week ensues. So get ready for some more NFL football with games today and tonight! Hopefully your favorite team(s) win, unless you're favorite team(s) is/are on a Bye week.

My Texans already played, so let me touch up on the early games.

* As AnthonyD1993 would say, "Lions be lioning." Well, this must feel like rock bottom for the Detroit Lions as they lost 19-16 at the Washington Redskins.

* The Bengals are still singing the winless blues. The latest team to sink the Bengals is the Pittsburgh Steelers, winning 16-10 in Cincy.

* How did the other Ohio NFL team do? The Browns grilled the Miami Dolphins 41-24 in Cleveland. So I would say the Brownies did real good today.

* MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders paid a visit to Blitz24's New York Jets, and it was the Jets who smashed the Raiders 34-3.

* It was 19-14 in Chicago as the Chicago Bears took down the New York Giants.

* The New Orleans Saints won at home 34-31 over the Carolina Panthers.

* Samurai8juice's Buffalo Bills defended home wonderfully against the Denver Broncos 20-3.

* How about some NFC South action? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers grounded the Atlanta Falcons 35-22 in Atlanta. So not a good Sunday in the ATL today for Falcons fans.

* Birds of different feathers in an NFC West meets NFC East match. In Philadelphia, the Eagles fell 17-9 to the Seattle Seahawks.

And there's a rundown of completed games. Congratulations to all other winners from Week 12.

Ravens at Rams TONIGHT!

The final Monday Night Football of November 2019 pits two potential playoff threats facing off tonight in Los Angeles. It is a match where the AFC North meets the NFC West tonight. Baltimore, stand up! Your Ravens are looking real good so far, only being bested twice. Los Angeles, stand up! Your Rams want to make sure that Baltimore suffers three losses so far this season when the Ravens come out to Los Angeles. Can the Rams make loss No. 3 happen? We'll find out in SoCal!

If you're a bettor, Baltimore is favored by 3. The Over/Under for this game is 47 points. Choose wisely.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching and/or following.

Oh, and your wish for a Texans win was granted, MoLiEG! :) Be sure to make your other two wishes to the genie.

I know exactly what to ask for: I just want to delete from my memory yesterday's game... OH. MY. GOD. :ill::ill::ill:

Really, THE JETS???? REALLLLY????

We don't deserve playoffs, simple as that. We have no credibility, we are just a midcard jobber to the heavyweights of the League.

Let me tell you something. I would NOT want to face the Baltimore Ravens right now. This team is playing like they want to be Super Bowl champs this season. While it may or may not happen, they put a hurtin' on teams. Just ask my Houston Texans. Meanwhile, Baltimore smashed the Rams 45-6 last night in Los Angeles. It felt more like the Ravens beat the USCal Trojans or the UCLA Bruins last night.

With Thanksgiving coming up, I figured this would be a time for a Standings Update. So find your favorite team(s) in this Standings Update:

--- AFC: Heading Into Week 13 ---
AFC EAST: New England (10-1), BUF (8-3), NYJ (4-7), MIA (2-9)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore (9-2), PIT (6-5), CLE (5-6), CIN (0-11)
AFC SOUTH: Houston (7-4), IND and TEN (6-5 each), JAX (4-7)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (7-4), OAK (6-5), LAC (4-7), DEN (3-8)

--- NFC: Heading Into Week 13 ---
NFC EAST: Dallas (6-5), PHI (5-6), NYG and WAS (2-9 each)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay and Minnesota (8-3 each), CHI (5-6), DET (3-7-1)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (9-2), CAR (5-6), TB (4-7), ATL (3-8)
NFC WEST: San Francisco (10-1), SEA (9-2), LAR (6-5), ARI (3-7-1)

No team as of yet has clinched anything towards the postseason. That all changes in this stretch going down to the end of 2019. So there's still plenty to play for mostly.

Here are some of the matches slated for Week 13 of the 2019 season of NFL football:

* CHI Bears at DET Lions (Thanksgiving)
* BUF Bills at DAL Cowboys (Thanksgiving)
* NO Saints at ATL Falcons (Thanksgiving)
* NE Patriots at HOU Texans (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* MIN Vikings at SEA Seahawks (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

A tradition continues- NFL football on Thanksgiving Day from Detroit. Two other Thanksgiving matches coming up. My Houston Texans once played at Detroit on Thanksgiving once. Speaking of the Texans, I already sense we're going to get flattened by the Patriots this Sunday night. It will be more about how close do we keep the score. Or maybe... and just maybe... we stun the Patriots on National TV. In fact, the Texans are 1-10 all-time in regular season games against the Patriots. Our only win against the Patriots was back in 2010. The next Monday Night contest is with the Pacific Northwest's only NFL team. Scenic Seattle and its Seattle Seahawks host the Minnesota Vikings. By the way... no Bye week teams this week.

Enjoy Week 13 of the 2019 NFL season! May your favorite team(s) win this week.

Back