2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
Family, food, and football. Enjoy this Thanksgiving of NFL football. And most of all... happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving 2019 rundown coming up...

It was 24-20 in favor of the Chicago Bears at the Detroit Lions. I saw mostly the first half of this game, and DET's QB David Blough was wonderful in the passing game. The Lions couldn't hold off the Bears late.

The Buffalo Bills knocked off the Dallas Cowboys 26-15 in Arlington, Texas. Buffalo now with nine wins on the season.

The New Orleans Saints went to the ATL and grounded the Falcons 26-18. With their win, New Orleans is IN! They clinched the NFC South.

So since this is the first mentioning of a team making the postseason, it's time to start this list again:

--- Who's IN! AFC ---
...AFC East Champions...
...AFC North Champions...
...AFC South Champions...
...AFC West Champions...
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...

--- Who's IN! NFC ---
...NFC East Champions...
...NFC North Champions...
New Orleans (clinched NFC South)
...NFC West Champions...
...NFC Wild Card 1...
...NFC Wild Card 2...

There's your Thanksgiving rundown.

[UPDATE] BUF has nine wins, not eight as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
We are now in December! Now things get critical for the better teams in the league, because playoff positioning is on the line for a number of teams. One team has already made the 2019 postseason. If you find it of importance, the lesser teams have a chance at trying to get the first pick in the NFL Draft. Whatever the case may be for your favorite teams, it can be a critical time right about now.

Enjoy today's games, including the night cap between the New England Patriots at the Houston Texans (I'm predicting an HOU loss, but anything can happen).

BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN!

So the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals will not join the 2008 Detroit Lions or 2017 Cleveland Browns as 0-16 teams. Cincinnati won 22-6 against the New York Jets in Cincy.

I just wanted to pop in here to say that. I will have another post prepared on how my Texans did hosting the Patriots. So stay tuned for that. Oh... and I meant the 2017 Browns.

So... did you enjoy watching the Houston Texans down the New England Patriots 28-22? Wait... Texans... beat the Patriots? YES! Finally! The Texans were 1-10 all-time against the Patriots in regular season and playoff matches. It's our first regular season win over the Patriots since 2010. And you're doggone right we'll take this win! Any time you can beat the big bad Patriots in the regular season or postseason, you'll be glad to take them down. By virtue of this win, we've actually done the Baltimore Ravens a favor by getting potentially first place in the AFC for the postseason.

Up next for the Houston Texans... some boys from Mile High will pay a visit to Houston. The Denver Broncos will go from a mile high down to H-Town. This will be the penultimate home game of the season for the Texans. The fun begins next Sunday at Noon.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games. Now I got to get back to... *happy dance*

Vikings at Seahawks TONIGHT!

Stand up, Minneapolis and Seattle! We have the NFC in vogue tonight in beautiful Seattle, Washington. Seattle is quite a lovely place. Seattle can get pretty loud thanks to its many loyal fans. Surely Seattle's football team (and even their MLS soccer team, the Seattle Sounders), play at a place that is tough to play at as the visiting team. The Seattle Seahawks are going to see an invasion of purple when the Minnesota Vikings come into town. Despite their great records, both Minnesota and Seattle are 2nd in their divisions. Minnesota is currently 8-3, 2nd in the NFC North; and Seattle is 9-2, 2nd in the NFC West. Only time will tell how this match in the Pacific Northwest ends up once this game goes final.

If you're the betting type, Seattle is favored by 2.5, and the Over/Under is 49.5 points. Choose well.

Please enjoy tonight's action should you be following or even watching.

So... Bengals won... vs the Jets...

Which makes our loss last week even more pathetic...

And the Chiefs just crushed us yesterday...

It's official, I'm not believing ever again in this team. Not until Carr is gone.

The Seattle Seahawks won at home 37-30 hosting the Minnesota Vikings.

This week marks Week 14. Let's look at some of this week's matches:

* DAL Cowboys at CHI Bears (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* SEA Seahawks at LAR Rams (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NYG Giants at PHI Eagles (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Be sure to make plans to check these games out if they are of interest to you. No other teams have clinched any divisions or postseason berths besides New Orleans as of now. So there is still plenty to play for for teams still in the hunt.

Enjoy this week's action! I hope your favorite teams win this week.

It's going to be interesting which direction the Panthers are going to take. Rebuild, trade Cam and some other players of value and embrace the ways of the Bengals and go full tank mode? Or try to get stronger in the Draft and try with Newton again next season?

The Panthers are going to have an offseason full of crossroads.

Tonight begins the 14th week of the 2019 season, and it will be the pleasure of the Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears to kick off the new week of NFL football. Enjoy tonight's action from Chicago should you be following and/or watching.

Another Sunday, another day of NFL football. A lot of teams could clinch postseason berths based on what happens this week. So we may have to update the postseason picture for when certain positions have been clinched.

Enjoy today's games as well as the SEA at LAR nightcap.

Today was "Battle Red Day" for the Houston Texans, and we lost a war BIG TIME to the Denver Broncos. All the exhilaration of beating the New England Patriots last weekend was followed up by an atrocious performance against Denver. It was a terrible performance by the Texans all around. It didn't help much knowing some ex-Texans are on the Broncos squad, especially Kareem Jackson. We basically made DEN's Drew Lock feel like he should be on that NFL All 100 team. The Texans did recover an onside kick, but then DeShaun Watson threw a pick that could have given the Texans one last hope for a win. It only encapsulated the sheer disappointment of this day. The Texans failed by a score of 38-24 today. I'm not going to say inexcusable losing to a 4-8 team, but it was very disappointing.

Up next... we deal with the Tennessee Titans for the first time this season in Nashville. While I said I didn't have any great expectations for the Texans, I still want them to win. They still have to deal with the Titans if they want to win the AFC South.

Hopefully your favorite team(s) didn't 🤬 up like my Texans did today. If so, congratulations to all winners from this week's games. Two teams unfortunately not in that winners list for this week are the Bengals and the Lions (among us active GTPlanteers).

Dolphins kicked 7 FGs and lost because they didn't hit their 8th FG. (22-21 to the Jets).
Raiders decided that the game vs. the Titans ended when the score was 21-21 (Titans win 42-21).
Jaguars fell off a mountain and lost 45-10 to the Chargers, ending their playoff hopes (Chargers are still technically alive, but are on life support).
The Kansas City Chiefs beat the New England Patriots (!) in Foxboro (!!) and clinched the AFC West. The Patriots have lost two in a row (!!!) (all losses have come against the AFC division leaders) and probably should have won this game as for some strange reason, the typical calls that everyone says goes in New England's favor actually went in Kansas City's favor.

If you had just turned on the Cardinals/Steelers game and didn't already know where it was being played, you would swear it was being played in Pittsburgh. That stadium looked like it was at least 75/25 Steelers fans.

Giants at Eagles TONIGHT!

They call Phladelphia the "City of Brotherly Love." Well, there won't be much loving tonight when two NFC East rivals clash in Philly. The NFC East is in vogue and on display then 88GTA's New York Giants pay a visit to the Philadelphia Eagles. Neither team has any real impressive record in the putrid NFC East. The Giants are dead last in the NFC East with a record of 2-10. Philadelphia is 2nd in the NFC East with a record of 5-7. It's time to see which is the better of these two NFC East teams tonight in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia is favored by 9. The Over/Under for this game is 44.5 points.

I hope you enjoy tonight's game should you be watching.

We had quite a few disappointed GTPlaneteers this past week with the performance of their beloved teams. Maybe things get better for Week 15? Maybe? Let's start Week 15, then. Here are some of this week's matches:

* NYJ Jets at BAL Ravens (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* BUF Bills at PIT Steelers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* IND Colts at NO Saints (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

There are these games and more to be played this upcoming week. So feel free to check out as much action as you can.

Time to update the "IN!" list. Teams that either clinched a playoff berth or won a division will be featured in this now updated playoff list. The changes from the previous list are in italics. So here are the latest additions:

--- Who's IN! AFC ---
...AFC East Champions...
Baltimore (currently lead AFC North)
...AFC South Champions...
Kansas City (currently lead AFC West)
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...

--- Who's IN! NFC ---
...NFC East Champions...
...NFC North Champions...
New Orleans (clinched NFC South)
...NFC West Champions...
...NFC Wild Card 1...
...NFC Wild Card 2...

The playoff picture will be complete as more teams get their postseason berths or clinch divisions. Home field for both divisions are still up for grabs at this point.

A news story that has developed of late is that there's a report that the New England Patriots have supposedly been filming the Cincinnati Bengals' sideline They claim they "inappropriately filmed" the Bengals' sideline, as there was one person who was there to scout around. They claim, though, they were not filming the Bengals for cheating purposes. Sounds to me like the Patriots would be so desperate to not lose to the Bengals of all teams. I mean, all due respect... if the Patriots lose at the Bengals, that's going to be like rock bottom for the 2019 New England Patriots.

Other than that, enjoy Week 15!

Back