2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

I really liked the way they could properly race side by side at Iowa. If Richmond is anything like that and the aero package stays the same, I'll welcome it on the calendar, just as long as Iowa isn't taken out.

Speaking of Ferrucci, wasn't it reported that he's effectively referring to Bourdais as "dad"? :dopey: I don't know if his biological dad is present at the races, but I certainly hope not, 'cause finding a much better role model than that sad old bully is likely to do wonders to his development, considering his young age.

I'll have to catch the replay on Gold as my NBC station felt warning people about tornadoes is more important than IndyCar. :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, of course it's more important.
Races like this is what gives Gold value. Crazy racing.

So I've just watched the highlights of the race at Mid-Ohio, and have a question.

Why did the race start on the back straight out of turn 2 and not next to the pitlane at the finish line?

Races at Mid-Ohio always start there(in nearly all if not every series) just because there's a lot more room and more of a pass-friendly first corner that way. The front stretch is so short and tight that the field will be starting while the back end is still forming up around the last couple corners and they get into turn 1 so fast there's no time to set anything up. I don't know if it's "necessary" to do it that way but it is the tradition for as long as I've been watching racing.

I just got finished watching the race and have to agree about the ending. It's also crazy to think that even with the rather uneventful races we've had this year, there's still 4 drivers from 3 different teams with legitimate chances to win the championship this late in the season.

I reckon Rosenqvist would have won if not for the lapped traffic. At the very least, he would have had a couple more shots at Dixon. Either way, it was an exciting finish.

I was listing to Marshall Pruett's The Week In Sports Car podcast and he said that there was a major announcement from another series that would have major implications on IMSA. I have a strong feeling that this is the announcement he was referring to.

As for the announcement, the Hybrid acting as a starter could allow them to do standing starts and also avoid cautions for stalled cars. It could add a lot to the show.

Great...hybrid power ruins every series that's it's introduced in.

Hybrid power works if its done in a relatively simple and cost-effective manner. The Indycar system is going to be a standardised unit without the absolute complexity of those in F1 and WEC.

I am stoked for this, McLaren are one of my favorite F1 teams right now. Finally seeing it confirmed that they are coming to Indycar full time is great to see.

Hinch will be driving for them for sure, but the other seat is up for grabs. It’s unlikely to happen, but they should try and poach Scott Dixon.

Last edited:
There goes the neighborhood. After all the hoopla and Zak Brown talking about being or not being in Indycar full time, it's actually happening.

I am stoked for this, McLaren are one of my favorite F1 teams right now. Finally seeing it confirmed that they are coming to Indycar is great to see.

Hinch will be driving for them for sure, but the other seat is up for grabs. It’s unlikely to happen, but they should try and poach Scott Dixon.

What???

There goes the neighborhood. After all the hoopla and Zak Brown talking about being or not being in Indycar full time, it's actually happening.

It's been speculated at for some time and more so on the side of them joining, it's just semantics that are typical of F1 teams. Also Arrows and SPM being at the last GP was pretty obvious that something was going to be announced this week.

Hinch will be driving for them for sure

I'm not so sure on that. Hinch has very close ties with Honda, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up somewhere else next year.

but they should try and poach Scott Dixon.

Dixon just signed an extension last year, and considering how Ganassi has been performing, I don't see him driving anywhere else for the rest of his career.

Hinch will be racing for McLaren Racing SP and Chevrolet.

There is nothing official, and all outlets reporting on this have mentioned this tweet, but that the decision on drivers is still unofficial and up in the air. While Zak has said he would like Hinch to remain and finish out the contract they will announce drivers soon. And as Hinch himself mentions he looks forward to this but still has to sit and talk with Honda. So it's not as cut and dry as people hyped seem to think.

Howdy, y'all! How about we have a bunch of IndyCar Series teams and drivers race around the Tricky Triangle and see what happens? Pocono Raceway ready to get rocked by the IndyCar Series weekend! What Turn 4?

Weather might play a factor in this race, since qualifying got rained out from what I heard. Hopefully this doesn't ruin the action today. The race starts around 2:00 PM EDT on NBCSN. Enjoy the race!

Back