2019 Porsche 911 (992)

992 Carrera S with Aerokit package spotted having fun in the snow.

upload_2019-12-24_13-16-14.png

upload_2019-12-24_13-16-21.png

upload_2019-12-24_13-16-31.png

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/12/ho-ho-ho-santa-brings-his-aerokit-porsche-911-992-out-to-play/

I feel it's just turned into another GT shape. I know it's been squished down for a couple generations now, but while it is a 911, it looks closer to a 928 in profile. Maybe the 996 was the last of the "upright" 911s.

I've seen a few 992 coupes now, and the styling is really starting to grow on me. Only bit that I can't get on with is the rear spoiler - which just doesn't look right when it's up IMO.

Yes, I was wondering because it is 4-wheel steering or the rear suspension is broken.
The reason is looks weird is because that tire has a thick rim protector which is blocking the fore lip of the wheel from view. It makes it look like the wheel is turned to the right but it's not. Pretty sure Porsche's rear steering system is passive, not active.

The reason is looks weird is because that tire has a thick rim protector which is blocking the fore lip of the wheel from view. It makes it look like the wheel is turned to the right but it's not. Pretty sure Porsche's rear steering system is passive, not active.
However, it wasn’t until last year’s release of the 918 Spyder that a full active rear-wheel steering system made its way onto a Zuffenhausen sports car. Since then, the system has also been rolled out on the 991 GT3 and Turbo.
Source

This is what I see in the picture above

According to a Belgian news website (they have been wrong more than once), Porsche is considering developing a new cheap 924-like (?) starter model in the near future.

According to a Belgian news website (they have been wrong more than once), Porsche is considering developing a new cheap 924-like (?) starter model in the near future.

Isn't that what the Boxster/Cayman is?

I guess they could spin something cheaper off the VW Group MLB platform.

Well that front bumper is truly horrible. I know it needs cooling, but style the damn thing!

And why are you happy you did not do it? That is a beatiful car.
This Porsche is not entirely my choice and I can't justify spending that amount of cash on a car.

And I still love my almost 18 y.o Ford Mondeo. :D

haha, Yes if you spend that kind of money It should be really your choice.

Some 911's are affordable after some good years of saving money. It are the maintenance costs that would scare me.

Today I sat in a Taycan, 718 Boxter Spyder, 718 Cayman GT4 and a standard 992 4, a GT3 RS and the new 991.2 Speedster. The speedster looks much better IRL than on photos.

The Boxter Spyder is a very beautiful car. The seating position in the Spyder and GT4 felt strange. Not in the 992 though, it was spot on.

Last edited:
Such a beatiful car. When seeing some camouflaged versions in the past months I was not impressed but I like the final version a lot.
the backside is Thick and agressive but also Elegant.

The sideprofile looks very good in my opinion:
zijkant-porsche-911-turbo-s-2020-992.jpg

Back