2019 Porsche 911 (992)

GT3 RS with no camo

We finally see what they were hiding, massive slits for the wheel wells

1655863900517.png

1655863907371.png

1655863917080.png

As the GT3 RS is coming around the corner, the GT3 race car, GT3 R has been revealed

1656636348584.png

1656636353807.png

1656636358883.png

While official specifications have yet to be released, the car has already completed extensive testing in Europe, at circuits including Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona and Monza, with it expected to race in pre-homologation trim later this year.

According to program manager Sebastian Golz, one of the key improvements of the new Porsche GT3 car over its predecessor is the implementation of more sophisticated driver assistance technology.

A new software package has been introduced and is designed to make the car easier to set up amid a wide range of options.

“You can change a lot of things on the car,” Golz told Sportscar365. “We have more possibilities and it’s more adjustable than the 2019 car.

“There are big metrics they can fine-tune for each racetrack, but it must be really easy to handle.

“[On the 2019 car] if you have an issue, you need to change something manual to get out of this failure. In the future, it’s automatic. The system recognizes the problem.”

A key aim of the new software package is to make troubleshooting more streamlined.

“In the past, you had three or four different software tools on your notebook, and you needed to have different cables,” Golz explained.

“Now you just have to plug in one cable, and you have more functions with one software. It’s easier to access and work with the car, from an engineering systems side.

“The customer is able to adapt settings and it makes life much easier. Compared to thinking about connecting the ABS system with this converter, that cable and that software that you have to install… now you have everything in one tool.”

Golz added that the software upgrades are expected to translate into improved performance from customer drivers.

The system is learning by itself more, so the driver does not have to adapt so much,” he said.

“They have more intelligent driver assistance. It helps to make it easier to drive with the car, so the driver should focus more on the driving itself.

“We have a bigger cockpit and it’s easier to see the [numerical] values. Also the view, seating position and air conditioning are a little bit improved to make it easier to drive.

“We don’t just need car performance: we need driver performance. If it’s easier to drive, they will be on a good performance level for a longer time. This is an important target.”

Seems to have leaked ahead of the August 17 reveal:

2023-porsche-911-gt3-rs-leaked-full-details-coming-august-17th-196018_1.jpg

2023-porsche-911-gt3-rs-leaked-full-details-coming-august-17th_2.jpg

2023-porsche-911-gt3-rs-leaked-full-details-coming-august-17th_6.jpg

Yeah, it's a bit crazy looking. We'll see more about it on the 17th including better photos, but as it stands I would take a regular 992 GT3 over the RS... which I can say about any generation really.

The car will be crazy fast, that is for sure.

Last edited:

I like the nod to the 2.7RS and 996.2 RS with the stripes. Pretty interesting concepts with aero, but I feel it's a bit too much for a street car...

Last edited:
Astonishing car. The standard 992 GT3 is already not really suited anymore for b roads or daily driving. All focused on racetrack performance. Curious about the Nordschleifen times. GT3 was already 20 seconds faster than the M4 CSL, RS will smash that even more.

I like the nod to the 2.7RS and 996.2 RS with the stripes. Pretty interesting concepts with aero, but I feel it's a bit too much for a street car...

Just watching this video now, but I am loving this car. They went all in.

The colors are a nice tribute to the 2.7 and 996 RS, but so is the "RS" logo design, which has changed from previous GT3 RS models and is a nod to the 2.7 RS and other early RS models too.

1973-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-2-8-_6.jpg

Last edited:
Its as if Porsche just slapped some license plates on a Cup car and called it a day. Madness.

Astonishing car. The standard 992 GT3 is already not really suited anymore for b roads or daily driving. All focused on racetrack performance. Curious about the Nordschleifen times. GT3 was already 20 seconds faster than the M4 CSL, RS will smash that even more.

Deep in the 6:30s for the Weissach pack is my guess.

That would be a massive step from the 992 GT3 6.55/6.59 min.

It is, but there's a lot more aero and a lot more tire. I think a sub 6.40 is achieveable in the right conditions.

"The contact patch on [the rear wheel] is really remarkable. It shows, because you need a lot of contact patch, a lot of grip, when you can produce so much downforce. And together, you end up at cornering speeds with Cup R-Compound tires on [the GT3 RS] that are beyond that a Cup car on slicks. Full stop."

This car is absolutely insane

Everyone saying its too crazy for a street car should watch the video where he says it really supposed to be a track toy. 😉 Sure people will drive it on the street but thats up to them.

Being an engineer on these must be both incredibly exhilarating and incredibly frustrating.

Knowing that you are pushing the limits of road car performance every day, but that you are also tied to the millstone of a decidedly sub-optimal 90 year old Volkswagen design/layout has to bring up some mixed emotions.

This color combination will be a special limited version for the US market. 50 pieces for the 50th 2.7 RS anniversary.

Color is plain white instead of the before shown ice grey and decals and wheels are in python green.

992gt3rs-04.jpg
992gt3rs-05.jpg
992gt3rs-06.jpg
992gt3rs-07.jpg
992gt3rs-08.jpg
992gt3rs-09.jpg
992gt3rs-10.jpg
992gt3rs-11.jpg
992gt3rs-12.jpg
992gt3rs-13.jpg
992gt3rs-14.jpg

Last edited:
Now that color combo is more my taste, love it.

Also, hard to tell in the pics, but that may be a Touring version of the 2.7 rather than the Lightweight? Lightweight version are very rare so no surprise, but would also be more suitable to pair with the new RS. Still cool, I'm not complaining.
Yes, that is a Touring model. Lightweights don't have the rubber bumper guards.
20180219_170811.jpg

With all those plastic (carbon fibre?) panels and diffusers around the entire bottom of the car, it looks very much like a Porsche 911 Allroad/CrossCountry to me, just need to raise it a bit :lol:

Latest Posts

Back