2019 Porsche 911 (992)

VXR
To my eyes, it really is such a miserable looking generation.
The rear face is terrible especially. The tail lights are on top the car which just seems ridiculous.

I like the 992, it is growing on me. Even the taillights aren't that bad. The interior of the 992 is so much nicer than the interior of the 991 series.

Because there are not enough variants of the 911 already, Porsche have unveiled some more with the new GTS series:

Available in coupe, convertible and targa configurations with up to 473hp, while the Carrera 4 GTS equipped with the PDK can do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds.
2022-Porsche-911-GTS-38.jpg

2022-Porsche-911-GTS-31.jpg

2022-Porsche-911-GTS-26.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I like about the GT3 and the Touring is the 4.0 L. I don't like the characteristics of a turbo'ed engine.

The car would retain a good bit of stability with that ducktail spoiler and in my opinion it looks a lot better than the Touring model.

992 GT3 RS

View attachment 1075229

View attachment 1075230

View attachment 1075231
Hood vents and production wing. God this plague of bad terminology in the car world drives me up a wall. Wings have airflow on both sides, spoilers don't. They're two completely different aero concepts with different purposes.

Regardless, it looks like they're working to increase downforce by a huge margin. That rear wing is either in a DRS configuration or simply a low downforce setting.

Last edited:
992.2 Turbo

1641361705132.png

1641361718132.png

1641361730902.png

The major change is the slats in the front intake which are now vertical rather than horizontal. In addition, the interior will be similar to the Taycan and the future Macan EV. There are those protruding lights in the front which probably won't be on the production car, but they remind me of the old 997

1641361869040.png

And with the 992, the 911 finally jumped the shark.

It's all too much. Hips too wide, rear lights too high, too much unpainted cladding on the front and rear bumpers. The whole range is a mess.

VXR
And with the 992, the 911 finally jumped the shark.

It's all too much. Hips too wide, rear lights too high, too much unpainted cladding on the front and rear bumpers. The whole range is a mess.
The whole thing needs a serious redesign imo. Are they damn good, yes, but it's straying about as far away as possible from its origins and I fear will be unrecognizable within two more generations. Maybe even the next generation which will surely be hybridized at minimum. Somehow, this Safari is closer to a classic 911 than a regular 911!

Last edited:
The whole thing needs a serious redesign imo. Are they damn good, yes, but it's straying about as far away as possible from its origins and I fear will be unrecognizable within two more generations. Maybe even the next generation which will surely be hybridized at minimum. Somehow, this Safari is closer to a classic 911 than a regular 911!
They've looked the same for 30 years, about time they start to do something different in my eyes... lol

Back