2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

Had a thorough look at the pics in the website. SO cool.There's a bare carbon car with decals from the Cerum-INGING team. These might just be the cars with the most liveries.

Edit: all this crying in the Spa thread. I'll just wait patiently for Sugo, Motegi and Okayama
https://superformula.net/sf2/race2019

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, TCR looks to be billed with Super Formula. Would be a win if we get a series with those.
Official test
2019 3/26 ~ 27 (Super Formula)

Round 1
2019 5/18 ~ 19 (Super Formula)

Round 2
2019 6/22 ~ 23 (Super Formula)

Round 3
2019 7/13 ~ 14 (Super Formula)

Round 4
2019 9/28 ~ 29 (Super Formula)

Round 5
2019 10/25 ~ 26 (Super Formula)

※ It will be held from Friday to Saturday.

Last edited:
D2qR9xjUkAA4S3j.jpg
D2qR4IwVYAAlow7.jpg

Gonna be honest, I had no idea that Super Formula was a thing up until this update was announced.
Didn't you know about Formula Nippon (its old name)? I knew about Formula Nippon and JGTC and then those 2 became Super Formula and Super GT.

Which PS Store are they in? Can't see them in the Aussie store.
Good question. I've tried Australia, USA, UK, Germany, Hong Kong and Japan so far, and they're not in any of them.

In the live timing at Fuji, they were doing 1:22s. Don't know what compound cars were on. I'd gather Hard tyres.

Fuji AM Session
The rest of the session went on after that smoothly, with Alex Palou (TCS NAKAJIMA RACING) setting a time of 1’22.021. Both Naoki Yamamoto and Nick Cassidy posted 1 min 23 second times with used medium tires on. Yamamoto, Nojiri, and Dan Ticktum (TEAM MUGEN) then changed to new tires. Using his overtake system, Yamamoto was able to unofficially break the course record with a time of 1’21.742. He was followed in P2 by Kenta Yama****a (KONDO RACING) with a time of 1’21.954, and in P3 was Palou with a time of 1’22.021.

PM session
The p.m. session got underway at 14:00, with an outside temperature of 17℃ and track temp of 24℃. It was Tristan Charpentier’s turn to take over the wheel for his first run at Fuji Speedway. Almost all of the other drivers had on used medium spec tires at the start of the session. Each team had their own menus to run through, including wheel base set-ups and tire air pressure tests. Some of the drivers also put in long runs to simulate how they would run in a race. As the session wound down, many of the drivers switched over to new tires. Lucas Auer (B-Max with motopark), who drove for the first time at Fuji during these tests, recorded a time of 1’22.391, which put him at the top of the standings for a bit. Sho Tsuboi, who came across the finish line about the time checkered came out was able to record a time of 1’22.204. He was followed by teammate #38 Hiroaki Ishiura (JMS P.MU/CERUMO・INGING), who put down a time of 1’22.393, on just one try at a flying lap–putting him in P3 for the session, behind P2 Auer.

So, I wonder, if we do similar tests in a Lobby, wiill we get similar results with compound, wear and time of day.

Less than 10hours to go.

Last edited:
Had a thorough look at the pics in the website. SO cool.There's a bare carbon car with decals from the Cerum-INGING team. These might just be the cars with the most liveries.

Edit: all this crying in the Spa thread. I'll just wait patiently for Sugo, Motegi and Okayama
https://superformula.net/sf2/race2019

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, TCR looks to be billed with Super Formula. Would be a win if we get a series with those.
Official test
2019 3/26 ~ 27 (Super Formula)

Round 1
2019 5/18 ~ 19 (Super Formula)

Round 2
2019 6/22 ~ 23 (Super Formula)

Round 3
2019 7/13 ~ 14 (Super Formula)

Round 4
2019 9/28 ~ 29 (Super Formula)

Round 5
2019 10/25 ~ 26 (Super Formula)

※ It will be held from Friday to Saturday.
First time I hear about Okayama track went to you tube to see a lap and must say seems to be a great track , could perhaps be one track that comes to GT Sport and who would you blame if it came as it's within the context of the game .

Last edited:
That was a strange era... the Senna stuff was pretty comprehensive except for the fact that somehow they didnt convince McLaren to lend them the MP4/4.... and I think Forza 6 and 7 have the Mp4/4 and a smattering of F1 cars from that time.

Could not agree more. So true. The MP4/4 is the ultimate Senna Car, heck on its own its one of histories most dominant & interesting F1 cars

First time I hear about Okayama track went to you tube to see a lap and must say seems to be a great track , could perhaps be one track that comes to GT Sport and who would you blame if it came as it's within the context of the game .
Would definitely fit the Super GT / Super Formula theme... Okayama is a great track, drove it first in GP2 i think, was definitely my favorite track :)

My brain is not even thinking about it, I'm like 100% sure that liveries will be allowed, don't worry bro.
I said they wouldn’t be allowed on the merc as a joke and... well.... look what happened. These will definitely be allowed liveries! Kaz wouldn’t do that to us after the crying of the merc

Back