2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 507 comments
  • 82,281 views
Now that GTS has the equivalent of Formula 2, I hope PD adds Formula 3 or similar too.

This is good. Not all open wheelers are Formula 1 or similar you know.
 
This makes me wonder if SF was on the radar, when Jann had a seat.
 
...so another update in same month, nice... hope we get more of the racing machinery in that update :)
 
Looking forward to that GT League event and if there are Manufacturer liveries or actual team liveries.

D0nGxpzUcAAJCLi.jpg:large


 
I just hope it'll let us do custom liveries on the SF19.

Other than that, I'm excited for the SF19 to arrive soon.

I have a feeling that Hamilton's F1 had the block due to the branding deals that go on between the sponsors, manufacturers, and drivers. Mercedes and likely the sponsors wouldn't want their car covered in and representing Ferrari (or really any other competing teams) branding. It's probably going to be a fairly unique case, possibly exclusive to modern F1 cars if we ever get any more, maybe older ones too (again, if ever added).

Since it sounds like we're being given two cars (one of each engine provider) there probably isn't any exclusivity to any individual team(s), so I'd expect no limitations. Ultimately I won't be mad if they lock the editor down, but provide the full grid of liveries as paint options (or maybe as ME items), but I'd be most pleased with full customizability. As long as any mode in the game will have a diverse looking grid when you use them.
 
Great redemption for PD after lack of "new content" last month! Even better, 2 manufactures from SF19 (different engine sounds, I reckon). Just hope that livery customization will be limitless, not like Hamilton's W08. :D
 
I might just pop gts back in the ps4 for this one. I have one issue though, that is the halo in cockpit cam :lol: I'm not looking forward to seeing that thing take up a lot of the screen.
 
Does that mean there will be a drs button ? Interesting
 
More open wheelers especially Formula Spec

Oh yeah count me in.
 
Just had this thought. It's gonna be about 550HP which means it will be able to be detuned (hopefully) to much less. I'mt hinking it can also be used to make a Formula 3 car as well
 
At least it’s a more fitting canvas for modern F1 liveries than an 80s Lotus or a GT3 car.

Still would prefer the Formula Gran Turismo for some true livery recreation though. Plus, if we get the FGT then Gran Turismo Sport is going to have an insane amount of open wheeled options.
 
With FormulaE coming as well, maybe we do get more low end formula cars.

We have karts, RB Jr, FormulaE, F1500, Super Formula, W08, Red Bull Sr. Wouldn't say it's over yet.

I hope the Ferrari F2007 and the Ferrari F10 from GT5 return!!!
 
Ever concidered the numbers at the bottom don't refer to the date of the update but rather, maybe, that it's the match 2019 issue on the magazine and it is the 28th issue?
 
Ever concidered the numbers at the bottom don't refer to the date of the update but rather, maybe, that it's the match 2019 issue on the magazine and it is the 28th issue?

Some time ago a friend of mine explained to me how to recognize dates written in japanese:

The way you see it in the pic is like this: 3月28日
月 Means month
日 Means day

3月28日 ≈ Month 3 Day 28 = March 28th

Aside from that I know absolutely no japanese.
 
i1RlwqjklYCGIb.jpg

i1WCewaBJkRPESH.jpg

i1dCXOHeSKyAfO.jpg

i1QFYkVcxRV7JuB.jpg

SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19
Specification
Length 5233mm
Width 1910mm
Height 960mm
Weight 660kg
Displacement 2000cc
Max Power 600ps/10,000rpm
Max Torque 47.1kgfm/7,000rpm
Drivetrain MR

The light bar near the cockpit reminds me of UAV fighters in ACE COMBAT 7...
 
Hope its 1,000,000. I've got that. I'd like them to be 500,000. ;)
 
Back