2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

Another series turning beautiful machines into thong cars. This series didn't even have to do it since it's not an official FIA series. FML.

Screenshot_20190302-140543.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_4975123.html

When Gran Turismo series launches, the interest in Japanese Motorsport Culture rises.

I believe JDM cars in the likes of Nissan Skyline and Honda NSX gets popular because of Gran Turismo Series.

Super GT is definitely the most affected. Before Gran Turismo series launches, JGTC and subsequent Super GT were unheard of. But now its as popular as ever.

Kaz might have the same idea to the Formula Nippon / Super Formula.

Last edited:
I suggest players start with karts and move up to the other open wheel machines. Going to be interesting racing wheel to wheel. ;)

Well this really came out of nowhere. I woke up, opened YouTube and thought "OMG!"

I'm more excited for this than the next update :D

Just one thing: I hope, we can turn off the Halo column like in F1 2018 when using the cockpit view.

This is going to be awesome :) I would personally be (even) more excited if it were Formula-e, but Super Formula is very good as well :cool:

The fact it’s going to be released as two bare carbon cars, I’m expecting the liveries to be customizable. Hopefully with the introduction of a working ‘boost’ button, they’ll also implement the same game mechanic for manual DRS on the W08 and KERS on the LMP1 cars :) We’ll just have to wait and see :)

Yes!

Finally Super Formula comes to Gran Turismo! Finally we can drive Super Formula cars in a racing game!

Great news for Super Formula too, as this will likely boost the series' popularity, like has happened to Super GT.

I'm going with Honda power, as it was more powerful last season and won the championship too.

A team whose official livery has been announced at this time.

DOCOMO TEAM DANDELION RACING
No.1 Naoki Yamamoto
No.5 Nirei Fukuzumi
View attachment 803313 View attachment 803312

KONDO RACING
No.3 Kenta Yama****a
No.4 Yuji Kunimoto
View attachment 803314
carrozzeria Team KCMG
No.18 Kamui Kobayashi
View attachment 803315
B-Max Racing team