2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

The first twenty seconds of this trailer look so good! It's almost next gen for me.

I guess the FIA world tour event will bring many good news. It's time for more recent GTE/GT3.

"The schedule and details for the next 'FIA GT Championships' will be released in mid-March. Please look forward to the upcoming announcements!"

Already posted in the general livery thread, but should this car, maybe along the F1500, their own thread ? You can be very sure this car will be available for the livery editor, why else would Kaz bring this official series for GTS and the E-sports movement with only black carbon cars?

So you can predict there are gonna be a lot of liveries for this car and together with the F1500 everything is well organized in one thread?

The first twenty seconds of this trailer look so good! It's almost next gen for me.

I guess the FIA world tour event will bring many good news. It's time for more recent GTE/GT3.

"The schedule and details for the next 'FIA GT Championships' will be released in mid-March. Please look forward to the upcoming announcements!"

Jordan likes this :D, March is going to be one exciting month!
This annoucement explains why we're getting "only" 5 cars the 5th

Hope when all the liveries of all the teams for the Super Formula league are revealed, they could add them all and rebrand them under a new category simply called "Super Formula" rather than Gr. X. If they even add Formula E cars they should consider adding every team, then adding it under a category simply called "Formula E" or "Gr. E".

Well this was out of nowhere.

Hope when all the liveries of all the teams for the Super Formula league are revealed, they could add them all and rebrand them under a new category simply called "Super Formula" rather than Gr. X. If they even add Formula E cars they should consider adding every team, then adding it under a category simply called "Formula E" or "Gr. E".
Of course these formula cars deserve their own classes if we see multiple representatives of one formula. If we get multiple Formula E cars I at least hope we see both the first and second gen cars represented. But otherwise they'd likely end up in Group X like the F1500 and W08.

Looks fabulous. But the trailer doesn't allow us to hear how these cars sound. Have PD finally cracked engine and gearbox noise or will that be the achillies heel with these exciting new vehicles?

ブースト機能は他の一部車種でも使用可能となります。
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_4975123.html

Translating that to English from the Japanese Gran Turismo website using Google Translate, it says: "The boost function can be used even for some other models."

Maybe other cars will get this function too?
It may be referring to the KERS system appeared in some cars, particularly the Mercedes F1 W08, Mclaren P1 GTR, LaFerrari, Dodge Tomahawk, etc.

Fantastic! Finally a proper open-wheel racing series!
I've been wanting them to do GP2/Formula Renault/Super Formula cuz I know they would never go for an F1 license. This way, we get the formula cars that we want, but presumably without as much restriction that F1 demands... in terms of licensing, the commercial side, etc. With the carbon models in the trailer, surely we'll get to have some fun on the Livery Editor???

I think people who have 'mastered' the W08, the x2014 and the F1500 will be right at home on this car.

At 550hp and about 650kg it shouldnt be too much of a worry.

The Merc F1 is not "manic" at all. I mean really, has no one tried it since it first came out????? They did an update mere weeks after that drastically changed how the steering works, and it made it perfectly drivable and one of the best cars in GTS. No more random spins in low speed corners. It's just a brilliant open wheel car now. Best F1 in the GT Series easily.

I think people who have 'mastered' the W08, the x2014 and the F1500 will be right at home on this car.

At 550hp and about 650kg it shouldnt be too much of a worry.
Obviously. It's on par with Formula 2 cars if you haven't noticed yet.

The Super Formula cars will cost Cr 1.000.000 (Cr 100.000.000 in JP Version)
IMG_20190302_174640.jpg

When Gran Turismo series launches, the interest in Japanese Motorsport Culture rises.

I believe JDM cars in the likes of Nissan Skyline and Honda NSX gets popular because of Gran Turismo Series.

Super GT is definitely the most affected. Before Gran Turismo series launches, JGTC and subsequent Super GT were unheard of. But now its as popular as ever.

Kaz might have the same idea to the Formula Nippon / Super Formula.
I also think: Gran Turismo and the first three movies of the Fast and Furious franchise had a huge impact for the importance of japanese brand on culture...

The Merc F1 is not "manic" at all. I mean really, has no one tried it since it first came out????? They did an update mere weeks after that drastically changed how the steering works, and it made it perfectly drivable and one of the best cars in GTS. No more random spins in low speed corners. It's just a brilliant open wheel car now. Best F1 in the GT Series easily.
When we first got the W08 it was a bit of a handful. I think you could spin the tires in fourth gear. And apparently the gearbox was buggy. But since they fixed it it's pretty much impossible to spin the tires in any gear unless you floor it out of corners way too early, even though mine has a really short first gear. Though it still seems to have some substantial turbo lag. I imagine the SF19 will drive just as well.

Well this was out of nowhere.

Of course these formula cars deserve their own classes if we see multiple representatives of one formula. If we get multiple Formula E cars I at least hope we see both the first and second gen cars represented. But otherwise they'd likely end up in Group X like the F1500 and W08.
It will most likely be in Group X, unless they have not implemented a new group or decided on its group so far. Take a look:
img_20190302_174640-jpg.803343

tV9PPLy.png

Back