2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

Cool, now pd needs to add that functionality natively for the tomahawk, and the 2020 gtr and whatever other car comes with that regularly.
If it means I can use the DRS on the Tomahawk I'll be happy. Though apparently you can with a wheel but I don't have one. The McLaren P1 GTR also has KERS and DRS, and other games that feature the P1 such as Driveclub do implement it.

Im not a fan of the halo but I dont see any problem with it when racing. I mean in F1 2018 I use the cockpit camera a lot I dont feel blinded by it at all.

If it means I can use the DRS on the Tomahawk I'll be happy. Though apparently you can with a wheel but I don't have one. The McLaren P1 GTR also has KERS and DRS, and other games that feature the P1 such as Driveclub do implement it.
That gives an unfair advantage if you're racing someone in a lobby and they got a wheel that supports it. This is why in the tomahawk I cant get past 367mph. Its top speed with the drs activated is about 400mph

Im not a fan of the halo but I dont see any problem with it when racing. I mean in F1 2018 I use the cockpit camera a lot I dont feel blinded by it at all.

I always turn off the Halo column in the options menu. Imo it's annoying cause you can't look around it without VR.

T300 user here.
Can’t map a “nitro” command to the wheel.

That gives an unfair advantage if you're racing someone in a lobby and they got a wheel that supports it. This is why in the tomahawk I cant get past 367mph. Its top speed with the drs activated is about 400mph
I can get the Tomahawk to cruise consistently around 377 mph.

It’s worth mentioning that a clutch+shifter gives a huge advantage in the one-make Daily Races and PD doesn't seem to mind. So you can’t assume this.

Im just glad to finally see them release info EARLY and not in that Gameshow type fashion. Hopefully its a trend.

Now cue all the people triggered by the Halo....lol.

Safety vs Cosmetics...

The only cars that make use of the "Nitro" button are in Group X.

- SRT Tomahawk S / GTS-R / X
- Nissan 2020 VGT
- McLaren P1 GTR (Possibly? I haven't tested it myself.)
- Super Formula SF19 (Coming Soon)

As for the Tomahawk and Nissan, the use of the "Nitro button" is penalized by a dramatically increased battery drain, regardless of fuel/tire settings.

On top of that, differences in the Tomahawk X's performance between normal driving and Low Drag Mode only begin to appear above 300 MPH, which on most tracks can only be achieved for a few seconds.

I probably will love that car, but I hope it will be little more "accessible" than Hamilton's Merc
time to start practice on karts, lol
I’m sure you’re aware of the bug it had at release, which got fixed shortly after..? It was undrivable, at least for me with my average driving skills, but now it’s much more accessible, even fun to drive and again, even for me with my average driving skills :P

Looks like a lot of Jealous Truckers in the background
172826-b3911d223de55dd7d6d368636f495cc9.jpg

gt-sport-dallara-super-formula-4.jpg

Nice update... Looking forward to testing this car! :bowdown:

I was going to bring this up too.

Other cars in GTS have it too, they did in GT6. The Nissan, Lexus & Infinity VGT cars all had a e-boost with the nitro button.

I guess they may bring in that button and we can again use the boost on the cars you & I mentioned

Edit
@The_Chosen_One

Have you tried the Lexus VGT & Infinity VGT

Test acceleration rates as in GT6 they ran out of gear before motor. I tested in GT6 SSRX showing clear faster acceleration

I just never told anybody lol

Last edited:
I was going to bring this up too.

Other cars in GTS have it too, they did in GT6. The Nissan, Lexus & Infinity VGT cars all had a e-boost with the nitro button.

I guess they may bring in that button and we can again use the boost on the cars you & I mentioned

Edit
@The_Chosen_One

Have you tried the Lexus VGT & Infinity VGT

Test acceleration rates as in GT6 they ran out of gear before motor. I tested in GT6 SSRX showing clear faster acceleration

I just never told anybody lol
I think the Toyota FT1 VGT also had it.

I’m sure you’re aware of the bug it had at release, which got fixed shortly after..? It was undrivable, at least for me with my average driving skills, but now it’s much more accessible, even fun to drive and again, even for me with my average driving skills :P
I can drive it of course (actually not that bad at all) but this car is unpredictable as hell and I can't tune it properly in any way
+ my friends don't like it which means they not wanna join to me when I open lobby for this car
and to be honest that 8 shift gearbox make me sick
Super Formula has 6 gears?

Last edited:
Jordan likes this :D, March is going to be one exciting month!
This annoucement explains why we're getting "only" 5 cars the 5th
Free content after a year of free content is already good enough for me :P. I just want to support Poly by buying some post 2017 dlc cars.

Oh, so I'm the only one that don't like open wheelers? I can find my way out… Let's see… Left then right or was it … never mind...
I prefer touring cars, but I'm open to er, open wheelers. Pole Position & Monaco GP( both at the arcades), Formula 1 '97, '98, '01 and '03 were fun games. Add the Gran Turismo 3 Formula cars to the list of likes.

As someone mentioned earlier, cars like the Red Bull Jr, are more my speed. SO, dialing down the class from the W08/F1 to the SF19, will be more to my liking.

I like that there will be a Honda and Toyota version with different sound. I'm assuming they will allow liveries on this thing since it's not any one team's specific car. It's a spec series with everyone using this same chassis. Just seems more likely.

I forsee that you can modify the car in livery editor, only thing i imagine that will be a bummer is changing the tire decals will not be available, like on the PD F1500T. But either way I predict a minimum of 5 leagues with this car spring up here on GTP when this car is released. :lol:

TTM
T300 user here.
Can’t map a “nitro” command to the wheel.
It was mapped to R2 on the T300 by default when the game came out, but if you've saved your wheel settings having changed that button, then you can't get it back. Pressing "Recommended settings" leaves the button unassigned, and it cant be manually assigned.

On other wheels it was R2, L3, or R3 by default.

I use a DS4, so all my wheel settings still show the nitro button.

It was mapped to R2 on the T300 by default when the game came out, but if you've saved your wheel settings having changed that button, then you can't get it back. Pressing "Recommended settings" leaves the button unassigned, and it cant be manually assigned.

Huh, really?
Strange they’d killed that one off.

You have the nitro button mapped on DS4?

You have the nitro button mapped on DS4?
No. There's no way to assign it. I was saying that I still have the button mapped on the wheels because I haven't changed their controls. I'm hoping the SuperFormula update lets everyone assign the button.

Latest Posts

Back