2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

I might just pop gts back in the ps4 for this one. I have one issue though, that is the halo in cockpit cam :lol: I'm not looking forward to seeing that thing take up a lot of the screen.
It won’t take up too much...

5EA079AF-8A9C-4042-BA72-383DBFD2E6DF.png

Wow this is awesome. I’ve always wanted to drive the Super Formula in a game. First open wheel with halo in GTS too. Also March is shaping up to be incredible, GTS 2 DLC for March, V8 Supercars back on, Formula One Round One Starts, man I’m excited :cheers:

Heck yeah.

I was gonna do a GT car with a Pacific GP scheme, but now I can do it on an actual open wheeler.

Well, well, well. That's something for people like me who rant about roadcar heavy updates. I like this news big-time and the cockpit view looks great! I'm also looking forward to testing the Halo cockpit in VR :).

550 hp 10,000 rpm, sounds very much like the FT-1 GT3 car engine we already have. Wouldn't be surprised that this formula car sounds just like the GT3 car.

The fact I don't think much of open wheelers in GT aside ...

Well, well, well. That's something for people like me who rant about roadcar heavy updates. I like this news big-time and the cockpit view looks great! I'm also looking forward to testing the Halo cockpit in VR :).

People rant about roadcar heavy updates because they just don't get used adequately in the game. They get thrown into an unbalanced N-class category and that's the last you see of the cars bar for them appearing in Race A for one week. I don't know if there is a plan to include Super Formula into sport mode on any semi-regular basis, but judging by the game's use of the Mercedes F1, X2014, X2014 Junior and F-1500 - the answer is no.

I leave this forum for one day and PD drops this bomb on us. :banghead:

Full article : https://superformula.net/sf2/headline/14121

Looks like we be able to customize the livery since both cars appeared with bare black carbon unlike W08. Also, did anyone had nostalgia vibe with stealth car in GT4? That what I feel when I saw the SF19 in bare carbon though... :D :cheers:

The article says GT Sport has more than 7 million players i thought the last released official number was 5.5 million players.

Last edited:
This will be fun hopefully tuning is finally allowed, either way think Ill be in this one in lobbies a lot.

Gang gang hype train gang gang

In a way, I agree: I've always loved the lower-powered open-wheelers in GT games, since they tend to suit my driving style more. That WSR car from the Senna update? Oh, what a beaut.

On the other hand, I look at all the classic F1 cars in FM7 from the '60s and '70s, the MP4/4, plus IndyCar and Formula E, and think it's already got a lot more open-wheel variety.

Really curious about the SF19. It's probably a bit faster than ideal for my level of skill, but there's only one way to get better...

Hopefully we'll have more participants than we have now. I love driving the Mercedes and would love to see Drs as a part of the game.

On another note, manic driving describes the SRT tomahawk? on the Nurb. The Mercedes was way more enjoyable.

The fact I don't think much of open wheelers in GT aside ...

People rant about roadcar heavy updates because they just don't get used adequately in the game. They get thrown into an unbalanced N-class category and that's the last you see of the cars bar for them appearing in Race A for one week. I don't know if there is a plan to include Super Formula into sport mode on any semi-regular basis, but judging by the game's use of the Mercedes F1, X2014, X2014 Junior and F-1500 - the answer is no.
As you quoted me here: No, I rant about roadcar heavy updates as I don't like to drive them as much as racecars. Doesn't matter which racing mode.

I hope we can race in vr with the ps5 since it will be backwards compatible! Such a missed opportunity!

Can someone tell me how the arched light above the driver work?

It will most likely be in Group X, unless they have not implemented a new group or decided on its group so far. Take a look:
img_20190302_174640-jpg.803343

tV9PPLy.png
I noticed that earlier.

Considering they're 2.0l four cylinder turbos and the engines are shared in the Super GT GT500 cars we've got, they're gonna sound like those.

Didn't know these used the current gen GT500 engines.

The Super Formula cars will cost Cr 1.000.000 (Cr 100.000.000 in JP Version)
View attachment 803343

I cant see them being GRx.

You cant BOP them there since GRx doesnt have BOP and you cant filter races on cars, only groups, so if you filter GRx as your group, every car on there would be available to be selected. Surely they will have their own group.

The only other option would be if both cars are the same (like the "2" F1 Mercs we have), the only difference being the manufacturers decals on the livery, but I find that unlikely, since on the report it says both cars have different engine sounds, so it must be 2 different cars.

It's a great surprise honestly, now we need SUGO and Motegi and DTM cars :bowdown:
I'd love for SUGO to be implemented, but it's most likely going to be Motegi, considering they've already done the track once and would just need to update it.

As for the new DTM cars, they'd need to re-do the GT500 cars to '19 spec as well, as they've changed a bit in aero from 2016.

I cant see them being GRx.

You cant BOP them there since GRx doesnt have BOP and you cant filter races on cars, only groups, so if you filter GRx as your group, every car on there would be available to be selected. Surely they will have their own group.

The only other option would be if both cars are the same (like the "2" F1 Mercs we have), the only difference being the manufacturers decals on the livery, but I find that unlikely, since on the report it says both cars have different engine sounds, so it must be 2 different cars.
It will be in Gr. X.

IMG_20190302_174640.jpg

Back