2019 Super GT SeriesTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 163 comments
Yeah, the commentators aren't great. Just thankful that the stream isn't behind a paywall. I'll take it.

The commentators don’t seem to have a clue about the different tyre manufacturers/compounds and the massive effect this has on the race.

What I saw before my power cut out, which was I think around lap 40 ish, was pretty nice. Good on motorsport.tv for not having any commercials mid race.

Spent all day avoiding the result - try and find the race to watch back on the Motorsport website and have it ruined for me. Would be fine if it were Sam Collins and Rob Barff because they can actually commentate. Will wait for the official highlights/race re-run and watch that instead.

Can anyone explain, collaboration with European series will happen this year and in witch of Motorsport it will happen, DTM, GT3, SGT? Heard a lot about it, but nothing is clear.

Can anyone explain, collaboration with European series will happen this year and in witch of Motorsport it will happen, DTM, GT3, SGT? Heard a lot about it, but nothing is clear.

First an exhibition race in Europe with DTM, if I can recall correctly, 1 of each manufacturers from GT500.

Then a race in Japan with several DTM cars and they can’t use DRS.

First an exhibition race in Europe with DTM, if I can recall correctly, 1 of each manufacturers from GT500.

Then a race in Japan with several DTM cars and they can’t use DRS.

So excited about it. Do you know which race from the season? Nürb. GP?

Translated from Japanese by

#FUJIDREAMRACE An outline of the “SUPER GT × DTM Special Exchange Battle” will be announced at this diary conference. This pattern will be broadcast live from 12:30 onwards, so please have a look.

Attendees: ITR Gerhard Berger GT Association Masaaki Bando and others [delivery URL] (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmRdU9OEuBI) youtube.com/watch?v=hmRdU9…#SUPERGT#DTMjp

Edit:
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019/08/03/format-confirmed-joint-dtm-super-gt-race-fuji/
It has been agreed to largely use the DTM format, meaning two races of 55 minutes plus one lap and mandatory pit stops where all four tyres needs to be changed, but with no refueling or driver changes.

The DRS and push-to-pass system from the DTM will however not be used in the races and all participants will use the Hankook tyres from the DTM.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the #6 Wako's Lexus and #87 T-DASH Lamborghini for their outstanding class victories - 11th and 13th to 1st respectively! Massive credit to Saitama Toyopet GreenBrave for their best run to date - pole and 2nd place in GT300. Some great battles in GT300 in the closing hours, but I wish the commentary for the Motorsport.tv feed was a bit more engaging.

Congratulations to the #6 Wako's Lexus and #87 T-DASH Lamborghini for their outstanding class victories - 11th and 13th to 1st respectively! Massive credit to Saitama Toyopet GreenBrave for their best run to date - pole and 2nd place in GT300. Some great battles in GT300 in the closing hours, but I wish the commentary for the Motorsport.tv feed was a bit more engaging.

Great call by Wako's to pit right before that safety car was called. That won them the race. One of the commentators massacred "Hatsune Miku" and never tried it again the whole race.

2020 spec GT500 cars have been unveiled. I'm still not totally sold on the looks of the Supra road car but the GT500 version does look pretty badass.

Edit: Apparently the NSX is now front engined?

Last edited:
2020 spec GT500 cars have been unveiled. I'm still not totally sold on the looks of the Supra road car but the GT500 version does look pretty badass.

Edit: Apparently the NSX is now front engined?

Awesome! I needs that Supra in you-know-what. About the NSX, yes, in Post #107.

I think the Supra looks a little awkward. I think the base styling characteristics don't lend themselves well to such an advanced aero package. It is still a pretty cool looking thing as all GT500 cars are, but it is a minor disappointment. For me the Lexus LC is far better looking.

NSX > GT-R > Supra for me. For the previous two generations it was Lexus. I'd love to see them go to DTM but there is next to no chance.

GT-R looks more awkward
EEKaTFuXkAEKxpF

NSX look busy and kind of standard
EEKaTFpXoAAlirL

The lights kill the Supra and that air inlet. Liveries should cure that though. Supra for me anyway.
EEKaTFZUYAA17rw

Awesome! I needs that Supra in you-know-what. About the NSX, yes, in Post #107.

Thanks, I missed that. :dunce:👍 Got to catch up, still haven't got around to watching the Autopolis round yet.
Supra for me anyway.

Need to see more angles first but based on those images, I am leaning towards the Supra too.

Supra looks awesome.

Too bad NSX didn't came up with more noticeable changes in looks in their new FR car. Quite sad, how unique Honda was in this series.

Also, any news on gt300 entries with LC? Can't accept that Lexus disappear from series, at least one team should pick RC F or LC 500, if it's actually possible to downgrade to regulations.

Latest Posts

Back