2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Happy for Lee but would have liked to have seen either Le Brocq or Heimgartner in that seat instead. Suppose this all but confirms that Le Brocq will be staying at Tekno for 2019.
Definitely need more of that. Wasn't it a couple years ago, we saw the most different winners in two seasons?

Think so. 12 or something? Can't what remember the exact number was.

Last edited:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/new-control-gearbox-locked-in-for-2019/?sf204486624=1

On another topic, just read a comment in Speedcafe, about this rumour:

From Reddit-
I have heard a rumour coming from someone who we supply cable to, that after Nissan pull the plug, Kelly Racing intends to develop from scratch, it's own generic V8s for other teams and manufacturers to use. Is there any truth to this?
I only saw a snippet from Auto Action, but those pages are gone when I click them.

I don't see KIA getting involved myself. They haven't even signed off on a replacement or update for the Stinger. It wasn't said in so many words but, from the action above they don't seem too impressed by the sales numbers.

Nissan & KR poured countless millions into the VK56 Supercar engine, with a hand tied behind their backs by regulations that were never an even playing field to a DOHC 32-valve engine. Why would KIA (or anyone else for that matter) look at that & think they could do it better?

Add to that all this talk about the need to cut costs & Supercars really need to chart a clear direction for the class as a whole.

If we're going to embrace the 2-doors of the world such as a Mustang & Camaro, will they have to look like the Frankenstein Mustang we've been given or will common sense prevail?

Funny, last night I was wondering when the Nissan Motorsport Facebook page would be changed to Kelly Racing. Wake up this morning and they changed it while I was sleeping. :P

Yeah, saw that. Wondering where their pic was taken. Thought Newcastle, but the liveries aren't pink. Then, Albert Park. The trees are throwing me off.

As an American...is there a viable way for me to watch this series? I used to watch it all the time via YouTube or LiveLeak, granted post-race, etc. Why are race series so protective over stuff they don't produce digitally for sale after the fact. I watch 90% of my racing now on YouTube (on the series channels etc.). IMSA has been superb about this, as long as I can ignore the results for a day or two.

As an American...is there a viable way for me to watch this series? I used to watch it all the time via YouTube or LiveLeak, granted post-race, etc. Why are race series so protective over stuff they don't produce digitally for sale after the fact. I watch 90% of my racing now on YouTube (on the series channels etc.). IMSA has been superb about this, as long as I can ignore the results for a day or two.
The official live stream (SuperView). Sure you have to pay for it but to me it's worth it as I don't watch (or enjoy) any other racing series as much as this one. I'm sure there are other ways to watch it but I don't know what they are and I am sure they can't be mentioned here.

Edit: It's $42 USD which roughly works out to $2.80 per race weekend.

I've had really poor luck with subscriptions to racing streaming services (LeMans, Motortrend, etc.) is this one any good? I mean, decent quality --- more importantly do they have the previous races for view on demand, or is it only live streaming? I normally watch races with my father who's a bit ill --- and I work night shift, so that's why we're so happy with YouTube, etc.

I've had really poor luck with subscriptions to racing streaming services (LeMans, Motortrend, etc.) is this one any good? I mean, decent quality --- more importantly do they have the previous races for view on demand, or is it only live streaming? I normally watch races with my father who's a bit ill --- and I work night shift, so that's why we're so happy with YouTube, etc.
They upgraded in 2018 so you can select the quality up to 1080p for live streams. All qualifying sessions and races are available to watch afterwords until the end of the season, however the quality is locked at 720p I think. There were only one or two times for me this past season where they had issues with the stream The rest of the time it was great.

Look at this
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/12/20/nz-v8s-organisers-reveal-gen-ii-plans/
IMG_6149.JPG

Man, Americans will be really pissy and jealous if that happens. Sounds like they'll be skins though like the awkward Mustang that's been making the rounds, and not proper two-door cars? Either way, would be happy to see a full grid of these cars...proper NASCAR :D

Man, Americans will be really pissy and jealous if that happens. Sounds like they'll be skins though like the awkward Mustang that's been making the rounds, and not proper two-door cars? Either way, would be happy to see a full grid of these cars...proper NASCAR :D
Looking at the Camry that currently race in that series, it looks like the road car. They even run 5 studs for the wheels.

They're making changes to their roll cages, to allow for proper fitment of the body over the chassis. I have faith the NZV8, will look close to the road car.

Edit: tree'd.

Interesting to see what it looks like. A predominantly white livery would be a nice.

Last edited:
Wow, I’m stoked. I’ve raced against Joel for years and it’s great to see him get this opportunity. He definitely deserves it, best of luck to him.

I just hope you’re wrong about the car though Pete :scared:

Last edited:
Wow, I’m stoked. I’ve raced against Joel for years and it’s great to see him get this opportunity. He definitely deserves it, best of luck to him.

I just hope you’re wrong about the car though Pete :scared:
It’s great when someone you can measure yourself against gets a guernsey.

Anyone that has followed his progress, knows that Joel isn’t an ‘also ran’ so, he deserves to make the graduation.

Like you, I hope he hasn’t signed up for a season of misery but, I’d love to know what MSR have obviously told Joel & his backers will be different.

Supercars & S2 are both such a competitive class that a star driver in a car that isn’t right, can’t make up the difference with skill alone.

Have a look at how many times a T8 or DJRTP car has been mired in the mid-grid because they just missed the setup window.

For this deal to be a success, Joel & whoever engineers the car will have to in tune with each other 100%. Equally important if not more so, the engineer will have to understand what makes that Falcon tick.

Maybe with a different engineer and some different crew around the car they can make it work. I hope so anyway.

Remember, one of the main factors was the rear shock set up. Plus, small team and Hazelwood couldn't get his head around the driving style of the FG X.

I think Heinrich will do good being so fresh. Like Pasquale did in the FG X in 2017. It's not the car. It won so many races and pole positions.

So long as there’s no Simon & Garfunkel music required, I’ll be happy with an 8th trophy for CL.

It should sit nicely beside the 12hr trophy :D

Back