2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Craig has to bring it home though. "You know who" doesn't deal well under pressure. ;)
‘You know who’ just has to listen to his team over the radio.

RD loves his Bathurst trophy collection & I’m sure he’s made it crystal clear to JDub just how much nicer it’d look with another two or three in the display case.

Never been overly fond of Red Bull liveries but actually don't mind this at all. A lot better than last year's, imo.

rbr2019-1200x802.jpg

Craig has to bring it home though. "You know who" doesn't deal well under pressure. ;)

:lol:

What happens with the other car, seeing as Bamber won't be available. Dumbrell or Richo in that seat?

I'm really stuck with an answer to that. I mean, after that past 5 years, does it make sense that he'd only want to Codrive, for a team that has a chance of winning Bathurst? :confused: A bit of irony in that.

I just cant picture Richo with SVG. He seems too old and calm to have the energy to put up with Giz's tantrums. Like an old guy that gives his young missus the kid she wanted but really just can't be bothered.

Looking over the calendar, that last leg of the Championship, will be a thriller.
Going straight from the enduros to the finale. No chance for a recovery if things to pan out for a pairing. Drivers usually have a last good shot at Pukekohe. Now, the codriver is really going to have to keep it clean. As well as the team in making sure their cars run flawlessly.
Can't wait.

Last edited:
Holy 🤬!

Wait, is this like the switch when Whincup had Red Bull and Monster got left out in the cold? WAU have a BOOST Mobile deal and if GRM got it because of Beiber and Stanaway, that's messed up.

Last edited:
Jesus that’s shocker!

Not a fan of this at all. The bloke from Boost seems like a massive wanker, and Stanaway didn’t make a fan in me last year.

I feel this might get pretty messy with WAU,

Jesus that’s shocker!

Not a fan of this at all. The bloke from Boost seems like a massive wanker, and Stanaway didn’t make a fan in me last year.

I feel this might get pretty messy with WAU,
You got it right about the bloke from Boost.

More dollars than sense :dopey:

Holy 🤬!

Wait, is this like the switch when Whincup had Red Bull and Monster got left out in the cold? WAU have a BOOST Mobile deal and if GRM got it because of Beiber and Stanaway, that's messed up.

Sounds to me that without Stanaway, there was going to be no Boost Mobile deal. Really sucks the way it's gone down. Regardless of what people think of him, GT deserved a lot better than this.

Interesting to see what sponsor WAU can get on board for this year now. MEGA fuels, maybe? So much for the boring off season. :lol:
Surely someone gives GT an enduro drive

Would hedge a strong bet that Roland Dane has already been on the phone.

Last edited:
Well I'm as surprised as the rest of you with this news...But I'm happy Richie is going to get another shot.
I think GRM will be a much better home for him than Tickford was. I just hope Richie has learned his lessons from last year, and can now start to develop properly and show the potential we all know he has.

Makes me think that maybe that 'not so nice' press release was done for a reason at the end of last year. Maybe he knew he had a good chance to get a seat at GRM and made sure Tickford was definitely not going to keep him on ?

Well I'm as surprised as the rest of you with this news...But I'm happy Richie is going to get another shot.
I think GRM will be a much better home for him than Tickford was. I just hope Richie has learned his lessons from last year, and can now start to develop properly and show the potential we all know he has.

Makes me think that maybe that 'not so nice' press release was done for a reason at the end of last year. Maybe he knew he had a good chance to get a seat at GRM and made sure Tickford was definitely not going to keep him on ?
That's entirely plausible. We've seen some crazy about faces at the end of V8/VASC seasons.

Look, let me start by saying I'm not a huge fan of Garth Tander. There's a lot worse out there but, he ain't a fave.

Having said that, if Richie & GRM had any idea that this deal was in the works as far back as Stanaway's 'dummy spit' press release, then they all owe GT a huge apology.

Finally, I'd be amazed if GT doesn't get a ride for the Endurance races. After all, he did get a GRM car into the Shootout at Bathurst.

Okay, now tell me Kia wouldn't resonate with this squad. A Stinger GT is definitely more youthful and athletic than a commodore. What do you all think?
You're forgetting Adderton said "No V8, no Boost" last year when at WAU. Kinda punny but that's what he said.

Besides that, KIA haven't shown a single ounce of interest. As I said in a previous post, KIA hasn't even green-lighted the Stinger's successor.

You're forgetting Adderton said "No V8, no Boost" last year when at WAU. Kinda punny but that's what he said.

Besides that, KIA haven't shown a single ounce of interest. As I said in a previous post, KIA hasn't even green-lighted the Stinger's successor.
Truuuuue

The day after GT left GRM he signs for T8.... Yeah everyone knew something was happening long long before all this hit the news.
Kinda makes me sure Richie's press release last year was done on purpose.

Latest Posts

Back