Touring Cars 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Spacegoat, Dec 5, 2018.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I mean it was that or a ride with the Kelly's. :lol:

05XR8 and Spacegoat like this.
  2. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Yeah, I agree that many teams new this was happening behind the scenes. Apparently, according to Auto Fiction, WAU is going to announce a new co-sponsor sometime today. It's all happening way to fast.

Oh and +1 on the Addertons' an arsehole. I really don't like the way he dictates terms to the teams.

Pete05 and Spacegoat like this.
  3. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

SVG's best shot at winning Bathurst yet.

Litening1 likes this.
  4. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Should Supercars just give the Brock Trophy to T8 now to save time and just let the rest of the grid fight over 3rd?
    Seems like a no brainer actually. :lol:
    WAU also claimed on Twitter yesterday that they will have some "exetremly exciting news" soon. It better start with "C" and end in "amaro", that's all I can say.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

Two Bathurst trophies in one year. Highly likely.

Edit: For those that don't have Foxtel, here's an option
    https://kayosports.com.au/

Shows all Supercars events live(Not sure about the support races) for $25/month.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Litening1 likes this.
  7. Andrew R

Andrew R

I've had Kayo for a couple of months now and it's great, can't fault it. I'd imagine it will only get better too once the tv app comes out. Can't wait for footy season/motorsport season to start. Easily the most cost effective option for those who only want the sport channels, especially if you can split it with your brother in law.

05XR8 and Pete05 like this.
  8. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

I’m conflicted, I’ve never been an SVG or 888 supporter, but I’ve always been a Tander supporter...

9. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

I gave it a try, but I won’t go back until they’ve released the PS4 or Sony TV app (which I hope will be available by the end of February). It’s about time Fox came up with a sports only service, the sports channels are the only ones with any substance left.

05XR8 likes this.
  10. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Was checking AA's socials yesterday but didn't see anything about it this. Rumours going around that it's MEGA fuels. Mobil Mega Racing sounds a little odd. :lol:

FPV MIC likes this.
  11. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

:lol: Yeah, doesn't roll of the tongue well at all.... and good to see they're living up to their reputation at AF. So much for the exclusive announcement :rolleyes:

Edit: this is where I read about it: https://autoaction.com.au/2019/01/09/walkinshaw-already-has-boost-replacement

''The identity of the Anglo-American team’s new sponsor is revealed exclusively in tomorrow’s new AUTO ACTION magazine''

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Spacegoat likes this.
  12. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Suppose it's slighty less of a mouthful than Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing was. :lol:
    Yeah, that's the same article I saw. Still nothing on their Twitter or anything. :boggled:

FPV MIC likes this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

14. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Spacegoat likes this.
  15. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Didn't realise that Phil Keed is going to be engineering the #18 this year. Time will tell but it certainly seems like Schwerkolt is finally taking steps in the right direction with this team.

16. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm still salty with him taking the #18. Switching brands I don't really care about, but that iconic number messed up the modern DJR history. Would have been better for DJR to run #71. #12 seems like an alsoran(and don't anyone say it!!! :lol: ).

Spacegoat likes this.
  17. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

:lol::tup:

#12 works well for Penske though. Even if Dick still had the #18, I feel like they might have done away with it away.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  18. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

In hindsight, having to change to the 12 worked out well, since Penske run number 12 for Ryan Blaney in the Cup Series and Will Power in Indycar.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  19. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

886C9D0E-DD52-4B3C-A944-F299AD9CBA39.jpeg

Oh boy, I think you all know what this means... :D

Spacegoat likes this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, I posted "2020 VASC CAMARO CONFIRMED!" ;)

21. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Community Alison Brie II.gif

Holy crap it's happening, isn't it? Interesting to see how they managed to work the body around the COTF chassis.

22. 05XR8

05XR8

Hope so. Might increase visibility, with a higher roof. ;)

Looking at it, I think Tickford will be stronger. Waters has theee highly experienced teammates to work with. If they can get those cars in the sweet spot, I can see all four in the top 10 regularly.

23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I just hope Supercars has come to their senses & will allow a more sporting roof/glass area for 2020.

If not, I think the Camaro will look even worse than the Frankenstang :yuck:

24. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

For my own selfish reasons I hope there's no change to the roll hoop region until about 2022... coz Ford fan, and I'd hate to see the Camaro look better :sly: (and I don't think FoMoCo would foot the bill again so soon for re-homologation)

25. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

:lol:
    As well. Don't think that DJRTP/TRA will be too impressed if Supercars have allowed WAU to modify the COTF chassis to fit the Camaro's body. While they had to jump through hoops with the Mustang.

LMSCorvetteGT2, 05XR8 and FPV MIC like this.
  26. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

It would be quite a cop-out.

Spacegoat and FPV MIC like this.
  27. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Oh I don’t want any unfair advantages on either side of the fence.

If Supercars change the rules, I want both to take advantage of that ruling & I would hope DJRTP would see the value in changing the glass area for a proper looking, pretty Mustang.

LMSCorvetteGT2, Spacegoat and FPV MIC like this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

Man, what's Abbie Eaton doing? Hope there's an announcement soon.

29. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Been wondering that. WAU haven't mentioned anything about their S2 plans yet. Not sure what options are still available for her after the MSR seat got filled.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

Thought they were running a 911 in the B12H.