2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Yeah, I agree that many teams new this was happening behind the scenes. Apparently, according to Auto Fiction, WAU is going to announce a new co-sponsor sometime today. It's all happening way to fast.

Oh and +1 on the Addertons' an arsehole. I really don't like the way he dictates terms to the teams.

Should Supercars just give the Brock Trophy to T8 now to save time and just let the rest of the grid fight over 3rd?
I mean it was that or a ride with the Kelly's. :lol:

Seems like a no brainer actually. :lol:
Yeah, I agree that many teams new this was happening behind the scenes. Apparently, according to Auto Fiction, WAU is going to announce a new co-sponsor sometime today. It's all happening way to fast.

WAU also claimed on Twitter yesterday that they will have some "exetremly exciting news" soon. It better start with "C" and end in "amaro", that's all I can say.

Two Bathurst trophies in one year. Highly likely.

Edit: For those that don't have Foxtel, here's an option
https://kayosports.com.au/

Shows all Supercars events live(Not sure about the support races) for $25/month.

Last edited:
Two Bathurst trophies in one year. Highly likely.

Edit: For those that don't have Foxtel, here's an option
https://kayosports.com.au/

Shows all Supercars events live(Not sure about the support races) for $25/month.

I've had Kayo for a couple of months now and it's great, can't fault it. I'd imagine it will only get better too once the tv app comes out. Can't wait for footy season/motorsport season to start. Easily the most cost effective option for those who only want the sport channels, especially if you can split it with your brother in law.

I've had Kayo for a couple of months now and it's great, can't fault it. I'd imagine it will only get better too once the tv app comes out. Can't wait for footy season/motorsport season to start. Easily the most cost effective option for those who only want the sport channels, especially if you can split it with your brother in law.
I gave it a try, but I won’t go back until they’ve released the PS4 or Sony TV app (which I hope will be available by the end of February). It’s about time Fox came up with a sports only service, the sports channels are the only ones with any substance left.

Apparently, according to Auto Fiction, WAU is going to announce a new co-sponsor sometime today.

Was checking AA's socials yesterday but didn't see anything about it this. Rumours going around that it's MEGA fuels. Mobil Mega Racing sounds a little odd. :lol:

Was checking AA's socials yesterday but didn't see anything about it this. Rumours going around that it's MEGA fuels. Mobil Mega Racing sounds a little odd. :lol:
:lol: Yeah, doesn't roll of the tongue well at all.... and good to see they're living up to their reputation at AF. So much for the exclusive announcement :rolleyes:

Edit: this is where I read about it: https://autoaction.com.au/2019/01/09/walkinshaw-already-has-boost-replacement

''The identity of the Anglo-American team’s new sponsor is revealed exclusively in tomorrow’s new AUTO ACTION magazine''

Last edited:
:lol: Yeah, doesn't roll of the tongue well at all....

Suppose it's slighty less of a mouthful than Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing was. :lol:
''The identity of the Anglo-American team’s new sponsor is revealed exclusively in tomorrow’s new AUTO ACTION magazine''

Yeah, that's the same article I saw. Still nothing on their Twitter or anything. :boggled:

Didn't realise that Phil Keed is going to be engineering the #18 this year. Time will tell but it certainly seems like Schwerkolt is finally taking steps in the right direction with this team.

I'm still salty with him taking the #18. Switching brands I don't really care about, but that iconic number messed up the modern DJR history. Would have been better for DJR to run #71. #12 seems like an alsoran(and don't anyone say it!!! :lol: ).

#12 seems like an alsoran(and don't anyone say it!!! :lol: ).

:lol:👍

#12 works well for Penske though. Even if Dick still had the #18, I feel like they might have done away with it away.

Last edited:
I'm still salty with him taking the #18. Switching brands I don't really care about, but that iconic number messed up the modern DJR history. Would have been better for DJR to run #71. #12 seems like an alsoran(and don't anyone say it!!! :lol: ).

In hindsight, having to change to the 12 worked out well, since Penske run number 12 for Ryan Blaney in the Cup Series and Will Power in Indycar.

Last edited:
886C9D0E-DD52-4B3C-A944-F299AD9CBA39.jpeg

Oh boy, I think you all know what this means... :D

Hope so. Might increase visibility, with a higher roof. ;)

Looking at it, I think Tickford will be stronger. Waters has theee highly experienced teammates to work with. If they can get those cars in the sweet spot, I can see all four in the top 10 regularly.

I just hope Supercars has come to their senses & will allow a more sporting roof/glass area for 2020.

If not, I think the Camaro will look even worse than the Frankenstang :yuck:
For my own selfish reasons I hope there's no change to the roll hoop region until about 2022... coz Ford fan, and I'd hate to see the Camaro look better :sly: (and I don't think FoMoCo would foot the bill again so soon for re-homologation)

For my own selfish reasons I hope there's no change to the roll hoop region until about 2022... coz Ford fan, and I'd hate to see the Camaro look better :sly:

:lol:
(and I don't think FoMoCo would foot the bill again so soon for re-homologation)

As well. Don't think that DJRTP/TRA will be too impressed if Supercars have allowed WAU to modify the COTF chassis to fit the Camaro's body. While they had to jump through hoops with the Mustang.

Oh I don’t want any unfair advantages on either side of the fence.

If Supercars change the rules, I want both to take advantage of that ruling & I would hope DJRTP would see the value in changing the glass area for a proper looking, pretty Mustang.

Man, what's Abbie Eaton doing? Hope there's an announcement soon.

Been wondering that. WAU haven't mentioned anything about their S2 plans yet. Not sure what options are still available for her after the MSR seat got filled.

Latest Posts

Back