2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Hopefully someone reminds Skaifey about The Bend being included in the championship before the telecast on the weekend ;).

On Trackside he was saying how Hidden Valley has the second longest straight in the series at 900 metres. It's not any more with both Mt Panorama and The Bend being longer :).

Hopefully someone reminds Skaifey about The Bend being included in the championship before the telecast on the weekend ;).

On Trackside he was saying how Hidden Valley has the second longest straight in the series at 900 metres. It's not any more with both Mt Panorama and The Bend being longer :).
But but, "Hidden Valley has the fastest corner in Australia!!!".

Edit
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/13/bnt-v8s-reveals-technical-details-of-new-generation-cars/

2019-Pace-V8GT-ZC1-Launch-v02-cam01-1200x800.jpg

2019-Pace-V8GT-ZC1-Launch-v02-cam02EDIT-1200x719.jpg

Last edited:
They've managed to keep this very quiet.... until now, and why no changes for the Nissans as well :odd:.

''The changes are believed to centre around the undertray of the cars, which in turn would affect front end downforce, while it is understood a small reduction in rear of the car has been made to allow for the tweak.''

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/14/commodores-undergo-aero-changes-at-darwin/

So many changes and no homologation tests? :confused: This is really getting out of control now :banghead:

Last edited:
They've managed to keep this very quiet.... until now, and why no changes for the Nissans as well :odd:.

''The changes are believed to centre around the undertray of the cars, which in turn would affect front end downforce, while it is understood a small reduction in rear of the car has been made to allow for the tweak.''

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/14/commodores-undergo-aero-changes-at-darwin/

So many changes and no homologation tests? :confused: This is really getting out of control now :banghead:
Following the aero changes to the Ford, the Supercars Tech team had egg all over their faces.

Now, they’re making changes to the Holden, as you say, without any testing.

I’d say the Tech team are about to drown in it.
It being the smelly brown stuff that ends up at a sewerage plant.
They’re certainly up to their necks in it.

Can't say I blame the Kelly's for being pissed. I questioned that as well as soon as I read the earlier article.

And on a separate note, RD needs to pull his head in. They had the chance to re-homologate the ZB aero to suit the single springs before the season started but failed to do so. Now Seamer, Little and Burgess are doing it for them (with T8 input) under the guise of parity adjustments. What next?

And still no sign of a run-down test. It's anyones guess where the cars stand now in something that's critical to the Supercars homologation rule book. I guess the rule book's been chucked out the window... if it hadn't been already for the introduction of the ZB.

Also, seeing as imo the rule book has been totally disregarded for some time now when it's come to car construction (special dispensations my ass :banghead:) , I don't see why it's not possible to give the Nissans some type of help in the form of an overall weight reduction... or something similar.

Personally, I'm at the point of not caring if no other manufacturers join. Recent news is killing things for me. Haven't even cared to watch any part of Practice or hear what the tv panel have to say. I'm beyond this Holden & Ford thing(even though that's what this is all about). It's all embarrassing, in my view.

It's nice they have been giving us the practice sessions for free outside of SuperView but they cut the feed at totally random times like in the middle of a driver interview. Kind of annoying and funny at the same time.

Personally, I'm at the point of not caring if no other manufacturers join. Recent news is killing things for me. Haven't even cared to watch any part of Practice or hear what the tv panel have to say. I'm beyond this Holden & Ford thing(even though that's what this is all about). It's all embarrassing, in my view.

Yeah I’ve lost a huge amount of passion for the sport unfortunately. I used to be hanging out for every round and counting down the days up to the round. Winton and this weekend, I forgot they were even on until a day or two before the event.

The new camera at Turn 1 is good, we’ve never really had a decent camera the the 2-3 esses. Sort of lose the sense of speed coming into turn 1 though.

Yeah I’ve lost a huge amount of passion for the sport unfortunately. I used to be hanging out for every round and counting down the days up to the round. Winton and this weekend, I forgot they were even on until a day or two before the event.

The new camera at Turn 1 is good, we’ve never really had a decent camera the the 2-3 esses. Sort of lose the sense of speed coming into turn 1 though.
Watched Scott get pole, but been playing GT Sport. Heading out to see John Wick 3 at about 5.

Would be nice if we could actually see what happened back in the pack. Instead we get half a dozen replays of the start.

I get the feeling they're just throwing darts at a board to find solutions now. It really has hurt the image of the sport, even being a fan of DJR doesn't keep me interested since once Scott gets pole that is where he is going to stay until the end. The cameras only following the top teams even when nothing interesting is going on with them and Skaife's commentary just makes it hard to watch (personal opinion, some people like his commentary)

Pretty poor excuse for a run off area and tyre barrier. It’s been like it for years, but the gravel did absolutely nothing, and the car went through the tyres and straight into the embankment.

I see WAU finished 9 and 10. I'd say that's pretty good. HAdn't seen the last half of the race. Guess it was no surprise with the #17 winning. Mostert jumped into P2 after the pit stop. Cool to see him keep 2nd.

NIssan looking good in the 10 at the moment.

Back