2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Suggestion for anyone interested, if Scotty is on pole, simply don't watch the race and do something else. More fun tbh

Guess the controversial change to the Holden's did absolutely nothing.
The only thing controversial about the change was that Seamer, Little and Burgess have become the Holden homologation team, but without any of the actual homologation testing as per the rule book. I thought it was t8's job :confused::sly:

I'm not counting Erebus out at all. Reynolds has proven he's a contender. He and Youlden are pretty much fresh legs. No doubt having Whincup next to Lowndes instead of Richards, on paper, spells guaranteed win. However, I'm not convinced, yet, of the #88.

Okay, here's a dream. If CHaz leaves for BMW, put him and Scott together for next year.

I can't be the only one who thinks the bend is just a mediocre track
It's no Willowbank paperclip as in Queensland Raceway but it's no Mount Panorama either.

I just think with all that space & a blank slate to work from, they could've done so much better.

It's no Willowbank paperclip as in Queensland Raceway but it's no Mount Panorama either.

I just think with all that space & a blank slate to work from, they could've done so much better.

I find a lot of modern track designers see the Nurburgring as the ultimate track and as such try to design tracks with as many different corners as possible in the smallest possible space.

Simmons Plains is a better circuit

Okay, here's a dream. If CHaz leaves for BMW, put him and Scott together for next year.

Better dream (imo :P). Chaz to WAU. Seriously don't see this happening (would be a real backwards move for Chaz) but hey, it would cool if it did. Certainly would mix things up a bit. :)

Better dream (imo :P). Chaz to WAU. Seriously don't see this happening (would be a real backwards move for Chaz) but hey, it would cool if it did. Certainly would mix things up a bit. :)

For what possible reason would Chaz sign on with WAU?

That’s almost career suicide :dopey:

Frosty hasn't gone backwards(yes, it's a T8 car). It's more like a lateral move. If Chaz leaves and requests his current engineer, the #22 ;) could see some better results.
Possible Indy drive as well(next to Penske) and Porsche(Do walkinshaw still race the 911 GT3?) or McLaren cars?

The Penske deal is way better, but who knows what WAU have up theirs sleeve.

Was dispute this but then I remembered that Courtney really has done sweet bugger all in his nine years at Walkinshaw. :lol: Chaz saying before the season started that he would re-sign with Tickford if they could produce a championship contending car. WAU are a long way from that at the moment. It's hard to see him going anywhere other Tickford or DJRTP.

Last edited:

Well Courtney needs to go, though it's bit optimistic to think that Mostert will replace him. He wants to be in a championship winning car.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/18/victorian-events-at-risk-in-2020-supercars-calendar/
I really hope that Winton and Phillip Island stay on the calendar. They can't keep the Victorian fans out in the cold, I mean these are iconic venues! Drop Townsville and Gold Coast instead because street tracks are rubbish. But it's all about money and Queensland has offered up a **** tonne of money to run these events. Sandown is hanging by a thread and to then lose ALL Victorian races excluding the Australian GP would be heart breaking.

Frosty hasn't gone backwards(yes, it's a T8 car). It's more like a lateral move. If Chaz leaves and requests his current engineer, the #22 ;) could see some better results.
Possible Indy drive as well(next to Penske) and Porsche(Do walkinshaw still race the 911 GT3?) or McLaren cars?

The Penske deal is way better, but who knows what WAU have up theirs sleeve.
I can only imagine it’s a combination of bribes of drives in other categories & a large bag of cash that makes it an attractive proposition.

Domestically speaking, he can forget Supercar title-hunting for a number of years.

Well Courtney needs to go, though it's bit optimistic to think that Mostert will replace him. He wants to be in a championship winning car.

Exactly why I don't see it happening (as much I would like it to). :indiff:

Last edited:
Exactly why I don't see it happening (as much I would like it to). :indiff:
Even moving to T8 would be a sideways move from Tickford atm... but if he went to the dark side I'd rather see him go to WAU. I used to despise them with a passion back when Tom was running the show but I quite like Ryan. He's got a bit of larrikin (and honesty) in him that his father never seemed to have.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/27/supercars-confirms-expanded-parc-ferme-for-qr/

More pointless changes imo :rolleyes:.

The parc ferme trial at Tassie didn't change anything so I'm not sure why SC think it will this time. There's no money saving either... the team is there already. Why have them there standing around doing nothing for their pay :confused:.

Same for the data logging. They already have the equipment so how is not using it saving money?!?... the team and equipment are there already. Shifting the testing and data logging of the equipment to the workshop, which is probably already being done as well, won't save anything.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/27/supercars-confirms-expanded-parc-ferme-for-qr/

More pointless changes imo :rolleyes:.

The parc ferme trial at Tassie didn't change anything so I'm not sure why SC think it will this time. There's no money saving either... the team is there already. Why have them there standing around doing nothing for their pay :confused:.

Same for the data logging. They already have the equipment so how is not using it saving money?!?... the team and equipment are there already. Shifting the testing and data logging of the equipment to the workshop, which is probably already being done as well, won't save anything.
But it’s not broken......so they have to fix it.

Also, change is good. It keeps everything fresh & exciting.

Mostert, Walkinshaw to define "Silly Season".

Interesting comment that if WAU somehow do sign Chaz. Pye will be the one to make way for him with JC likely to retain his seat. As much I like JC. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be the other way around. :lol:

Also, makes me wonder. If Chaz does move from Tickford. Does the Supercheap Auto sponsorship go with him?

Last edited:

Interesting comment that if WAU somehow do sign Chaz. Pye will be the one to make way for him with JC likely to retain his seat. As much I like JC. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be the other way around. :lol:

Also, makes me wonder. If Chaz does move from Tickford. Does the Supercheap Auto sponsorship go with him?
Weren't we just talking about this?

I think it'd be like Frosty with a new sponsor. Although, SuperCheap back on a Commodore again, would be big news.

It makes me wonder if Adam DeBorre goes with him. Only then could I see some sort of reasoning for Chaz to shift to WAU.

I meant, we were talking about it and now it's news. I think speedcafe reads our posts.:sly:

Oh, I hadn't checked Speedcafe today. I still seriously doubt it will happen. But it seems like the speculation is getting a little louder.

Back