2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Mostert, Walkinshaw to define "Silly Season".

Interesting comment that if WAU somehow do sign Chaz. Pye will be the one to make way for him with JC likely to retain his seat. As much I like JC. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be the other way around. :lol:

Also, makes me wonder. If Chaz does move from Tickford. Does the Supercheap Auto sponsorship go with him?
Nooo they can't remove Scotty Pye.

McLaughlin is going to be on Trackside tonight with some "exciting" news.

He's going to be confirming Mostert to WAU. Calling it now. :dopey:
Nooo they can't remove Scotty Pye.

Hopefully they don't. I'll support Pye whenever he goes though. He seems like one of the real good guys.

I'm more interested in that Simona deal.

Simona to Tickford is interesting. Assume she would take Holdsworth's spot if Mostert stays. Wonder what sponsor drops out if she does bring Harvey Norman over with her?

I can't see The Bottle-O staying. monster, and SuperCheap are big. Milwaukee are logical with the red.

"Red #5" with Harvey Norman colors. Maybe Lee goes to KR?

I can't see The Bottle-O staying. monster, and SuperCheap are big. Milwaukee are logical with the red.

If Chaz does move, I think Supercheap stays at Tickford given Walkinshaw's relationship with Mobil. Agree that Bottle-O is probably the odd one out.

I want Scott to win everything. Pole, race wins, everything because, give Whincup a sniff and it's the 88 winning another championship. Don't get me wrong. This is so sweet for Erebus and Reynolds. That was an awesome lap. I just don't want Scott making mistakes when he's next to Giz and Whincup. Sure, Reynolds could start making his campaign for the championship this round, but I need Scott pulling away(from Whincup) with 300 point weekends. :sly:

What a crazy first few laps!!! Good to see one of the Nissans getting amongst it for a change :D

I thought Waters initiated that little exchange, but then I see he's got damage on the rear bumper too. Someone else gave a helping hand?

Well that one turned out just the way I figured it would, with a side note on Whincup but I'm going to say they lucked out on strategy. I think Heimgartner would have finished better if he hadn't almost been taken out...

Did Barry Ryan speak badly about the pit crew?
Boy did he. Very heat of the moment but he said on live TV that you can only train up your crew so much before you need to replace them. Bit harsh if you ask me, those guys do a bloody good job 99 times out of 100.

Suspect McLaughlin will win again but it's nice to have had a couple of different pole sitters this weekend.

Also, awesome job from Hazelwood in qualifying and the shootout.

Scott messed that up. Oh well. Hope HAzelwood can finish strong.
Edit: Guess not. Thought he left the door open, but no room. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Back