Touring Cars 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Spacegoat, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

So, we not gonna talk about Pye leaving WAU?

2. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Looks like Pye is going to be announced as Frosty's teammate next year, in around half an hour. It is what it is. I personally would liked to have seen him stay but Brown, Fullwood or Hazelwood lining up alongside Mostert is quite exciting.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    FPV MIC, 05XR8 and Cap'n Jack like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

I swear, now I can see Hazelwood at RBRHRT. Fullwood at 23Red and Brown at WAU.

4. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Yep, confirmed just then :tup:

Pete05 and Spacegoat like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

That intro of the liveries was cool.

Weird seeing how grown Pye and McLaughlin look.

6. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Hope he does well. I'll always be a fan, wherever he goes. He seems like one of the genuine good guys. :tup:

05XR8, FPV MIC and Pete05 like this.
  7. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

De Silvestro has confirmed her exit, sadly. Just once, I’d like to see an international driver have some longevity, seeing out their full time racing careers in Supercars.

Spacegoat, FPV MIC and 05XR8 like this.
  8. Jezza819

Jezza819

I would like to have seen what she could have done in either the Ford or Holden.

FPV MIC likes this.
  9. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

Not surprised to see a few offs down the end of Dandenong Rd. Drivers are really attacking the kerb and flying down with more speed and catching themselves out.

Litening1 likes this.
  10. Twisteddrift

Twisteddrift

Has anyone not noticed the f1 styled steering wheel that Whincup is using in his car.
    It kinda looks a bit too big in the cockpit.
    It's probably not interesting to anyone but i thought it was.

11. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

They spoke to Lowndes about it earlier. It's only a trial at this stage and they're not sure if they'll use it in the race yet. Supposedly it gives them more leg room for driver changes and it's easier to see the gauges on the dash.

They're always trying something at T8.

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Good speed from Heimgartner again this weekend. Hopefully the bad luck stays away...

05XR8 and Spacegoat like this.
  13. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

He's going to be lethal in the Mustang next year, if he keeps up this kind of form.

14. 05XR8

05XR8

Good job by Dale Wood. Amazing to see 24 cars covered by 1 second. We usually see that at places like Simmons Plains. IN the hands of the co-drivers, these cars are pretty even.

15. Tak[TEC]

Tak[TEC]

If he wins with it better make some BoP changes since Red Bull will have won 2 races in a row /s

FPV MIC likes this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

Lowndes did add "...it's lighter...". as a part of the explanation.

Tak[TEC] and FPV MIC like this.
  17. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

COG adjustment then? :idea:

:p

Tak[TEC] and 05XR8 like this.
  18. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

19. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

Pretty sure MSR have locked in the 2 cars, just haven’t locked in the drivers. Le Brocq is supposedly getting the Tickford seat. Brown, Hazelwood and now Fullwood are all in contention for the second WAU seat. Would be pretty devastating if Hazelwood doesn’t manage to get a drive somewhere.

Pete05 and Spacegoat like this.
  20. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Ahh that's right, I remember now :O. They've locked in one driver but not revealed who it is yet :tup:
    Brown said yesterday he probably won't be driving in the main game next year because of lack of budget. I'd think Hazelwood could be in the same boat unfortunately, but I'll still be one of his personal sponsors (his mum & dad make a kickass sausage in bread at my local hardware store).

21. 05XR8

05XR8

Well, with Fullwood just getting Pole, in S2, with a very "VASC looking" time, Might be hard to look past him putting on such performances, in an "old" car.

Edit: Okay, fantastic session! Just great for Both Nissans.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  22. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Good stuff. The #3 Nissan could be on for a great result in the co-drivers race. Dean Fiore was quick at the Gold Coast.

23. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

The radar is showing very little rain to come, majority of it has passed.

24. Tak[TEC]

Tak[TEC]

It has been on and off heavily over here in the past couple of days (live about 15 minutes from the circuit). It will start bucketing rain in a short burst, then completely stop (because Melbourne). That being said it isn't really supposed to rain tomorrow, it's just going to be cold and windy.

25. 05XR8

05XR8

What are the radio messages?!!! Tickford are just not managing this.

Look at Wil Brown.

26. Litening1

Litening1

That was such a good race we need more co driver races and how lucky was Fullwood with that spin.

I think that has proven that Will Brown and Bryce Fullwood deserve some drives and not Jack Smith.

05XR8, Spacegoat and FPV MIC like this.
  27. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Throw Thomas Randle in there too. Trouble is Jack Smith has the money... well his dad does anyway.

05XR8 and Litening1 like this.
  28. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Ridiculous if those two aren't in the main game next year and Jack Smith is.

Still don't know how Fullwood got away with that spin with the car intact and not losing a place. :lol:

FPV MIC, 05XR8 and Litening1 like this.
  29. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I don't owe Jack Smith one character of defence but, he did finish a session yesterday only 0.20 behind Fullwood and he has a lot more experience than Jack.

On top of that, Fullwood's time was good enough for P7 in the main game field. Jack, therefore, wouldn't have finished last in the main game session.

So while people are jumping on the 'Fullwood deserves a main game seat' train, young Jack isn't doing as bad a job on qualifying pace as some would have you all believe.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

Well, they'll both be able to offer feedback to main drivers, after this race.