2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Those black wheels again. They shooould be able to have extra sets to paint black. We'll see...
I like your suggestion but it’ll never happen. It’s an unfair advantage to those that wish to retain the silver unpainted rims.

The weight of the paint on the wheels will screw with the CoG parity :D

Seen a bit of speculation linking Stanaway to the second WAU seat. Hope it doesn't happen because there are better options out there (Hazelwood, Fullwood, Brown, etc) and surely WAU aren't that desperate. But I'm half expecting that it will. :indiff:
I think Mostert and Brown would be a fantastic combo. Hazelwood seems more like Tander(not just because of the glasses). He races hard, but under the radar.

Fullwood has "BJR" written on his forehead. Can't see him on any other squad.

I think Mostert and Brown would be a fantastic combo.

Will Brown looks like he's going to be a genuine superstar. Still not sure why his name hasn't been in the mix. As much as I'd hate to see Pye leave. A Mostert and Brown lineup would be amazing.

Good news, Heimgartner is really developing in to a top driver...unlike Stanaway...Which surprises me a little bit, truly thought Stanaway has the potential to become top class too.
Hope Heimgartner hooks up well with the Mustang, and can start really moving up the ranks.

Good news, Heimgartner is really developing in to a top driver...unlike Stanaway...Which surprises me a little bit, truly thought Stanaway has the potential to become top class too.
Hope Heimgartner hooks up well with the Mustang, and can start really moving up the ranks.
Stanaway hasn't really had the right circumstances to shine unfortunately, and keeps letting his frustrations take over his actions. There's no doubt the lad has talent, he just needs to pull his head in a bit and focus on his racing.

I agree, Heimgartner is developing in to a top driver. He also hasn't had the best of circumstances but he keeps a level head, is making far more of his opportunities than Richie, and doesn't pull the dick moves that Richie is continually pulling (both on and off the track).

Just to add, with Heimgartner getting the best out of underdeveloped packages(Subaru and Opel TCR cars) throughout his career, it's going to to be something to enjoy when his car is good.

Last edited:
Heimgartner will be a threat to the championship pretty soon I would think. Kelly Racing had to keep him; it was a no-brainer. Ever since he got that third place at Phillip Island, I've been avidly following his progress - helped in part by the fact he got that podium with Save Our Sons on the bonnet (an organisation that supports boys like myself who have muscular dystrophy) and I really think he's got what it takes to run with the best of them. He will be dangerous in the Mustang.

BJR have released a little teaser video for Percat's livery fo Sandown.

No freakin' idea. They aren't giving too much away. :lol:

BJR have released a little teaser video for Percat's livery fo Sandown.

No freakin' idea. They aren't giving too much away. :lol:

Yeah, got me stumped too :confused:

Do we even know who’s sponsoring his car for the 500?

His car has had more livery changes in the last 2 years than some teams have had in the last decade!

Do we even know who’s sponsoring his car for the 500?

Who knows? Could literally be anyone. :lol:

They have teased Slade's livery as well and according to Aaron Noonan, it's not an Audi throwback (@05XR8 :(). Ozemail, then? Vaguely remember there being a green and black BJR car back in the early/mid '00's.

Who knows? Could literally be anyone. :lol:

They have teased Slade's livery as well and according to Aaron Noonan, it's not an Audi throwback (@05XR8 :(). Ozemail, then? Vaguely remember there being a green and black BJR car back in the early/mid '00's.

Ozemail sponsorship had BJR running White/Green to begin with, then Black/Green.

They are running an Ozemail livery, just on a different car and the old original white/green one.

Retro_21_2-1200x801.jpg

It even has the ''this way up'' arrow :D

The Cooldrive car looks fantastic, two years in a row they’ve delivered.

Slade’s car could be the black version of Ozemail car, as once John Bowe joined the team they had Jones in the white car and Bowe in the black one. The number font on Slade’s car is the same as Macauley’s, so I think that’s what they’ll be going with.

The Cooldrive car looks fantastic, two years in a row they’ve delivered.

Slade’s car could be the black version of Ozemail car, as once John Bowe joined the team they had Jones in the white car and Bowe in the black one. The number font on Slade’s car is the same as Macauley’s, so I think that’s what they’ll be going with.
That would be awesome 👍

----

Why is that the smaller budget teams pull of the best retro liveries?

That would be awesome 👍

----

Why is that the smaller budget teams pull of the best retro liveries?
No major backers?

The silver MSR livery and the Blanchard Petronas livery would have to be two the best I've seen from small teams.

No major backers?

The silver MSR livery and the Blanchard Petronas livery would have to be two the best I've seen from small teams.
T8, DJRTP and Tickford all have major backers... but mainly retro failures.

We all well know Supercheap fail miserably because of their over abundance of small associate sponsors, and some of the other brands just don't want to give up their logos (or colours).... sooo, less sponsorship maybe? The Team 18 retro Monaro is still one of my favourites and they didn't have too many sponsors.

Not a fan of the retro liveries, especially when it isn't even the same team who had the original design. If the teams put more focus into their regular liveries, people might remember those fondly in 20 years time. There are some real stinkers on the grid currently.

Last edited:
Back