2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Seriously, I'm really not biased. It's not great, but looks better than with the camo livery.
Doesn't look bad at that angle.

If anything, the Ford logo looks huge. Maybe on purpose, because as long as the wings are black, it looks fine. Gotta see it on tv and in the metal.

Edit: :lol:

JIMINI CRICKET! That WING!
IMG_6503.PNG

IMG_6502.JPG

Such a bad angle. Probably the #6 Monster Energy car will look best, in matte black.

Last edited:
I think it’s more the low front end that throws off the proportions. From head on it almost looks like an Aussie Racing Car. At least it looks better than it did with the camo livery.

Looking at the Speedcafe gallery. It's not bad looking. The wing will take getting used to. Yes, it could, can, hopefully, get better with continued homologation.

I agree with WAU forcing VASC to change the rules, if they bring the Camaro to the series.

Edit: Practicing driver changes should be interesting. The Mustang door is just a bigger opening, as I'm sure the driver is in the same spot. Still...
IMG_6505.JPG
IMG_6506.JPG

Last edited:
Really hope that WAU trying to bring the Camaro in will get them to make a chassis that actually works for a 2-door car.

Hopefully so. As much I want to see WAU switch to the Camaro. If it's basically going to be a Camaro with a Commodore roofline, then I'd rather them not to bother.

It is the latest man made object that is visible from space.

Yeah bulk haulage for industries like mining etc. I looked it up after I saw this livery to make sure I didn’t look like an idiot if I said something.

Ah, that does explain the mining back drop for the promo shots then.

Safe to say Fabian wasn't involved in the design process then, he was pretty good at knocking the FG X wing off as it was!

Seriously, I'm really not biased. It's not great, but looks better than with the camo livery.

If anything, the Ford logo looks huge. Maybe on purpose, because as long as the wings are black, it looks fine. Gotta see it on tv and in the metal.

View attachment 797406

View attachment 797405
Such a bad angle. Probably the #6 Monster Energy car will look best, in matte black.
We weren't expecting this car to be pretty but it's not bad considering the restrains they had to work within.

View attachment 797406

View attachment 797405
I think you're right about the Monster car in black.

Maybe they thought of the promotional livery, "If we keep the rear wing black, maybe people won't notice?"

At the moment, from any angle, the whole car is burning the back of my eyes. It's an improvement over the Camo livery but that wouldn't be hard.
I've never liked the look of the Nissan, I don't like the Quasimodore & the Frankenstang just leaves me deflated over what it could've been with a simple rule change from the people in power :indiff:

I think you're right about the Monster car in black.

Maybe they thought of the promotional livery, "If we keep the rear wing black, maybe people won't notice?"

At the moment, from any angle, the whole car is burning the back of my eyes. It's an improvement over the Camo livery but that wouldn't be hard.
I've never liked the look of the Nissan, I don't like the Quasimodore & the Frankenstang just leaves me deflated over what it could've been with a simple rule change from the people in power :indiff:
I tell you, NZV8 get "The Big Three" homologated soon, it'll really shame VASC.

I didn’t think anyone was running the Ford Preformance livery?

I’m a Ford guy, but that wing looks like it belongs on a 70’s Dodge Daytona.

Mustang-Supercar-on-track-Back-view-3-900x600.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry Ford, but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whaaaat. I didn't know racecars were now coming with ten-story apartment blocks on the back.

I really don't like the look of this car !
The Falcon looked the business compared to this ugly duckling :(

Honestly the ZB has grown on me a little bit. Think it looks much as better in racecar trim than it does a roadcar (though that's not saying a lot). But you're right. It's not going to be a particularly good looking grid.

Aside from the fluro green BP logo's. It looks great.

I remember back in the days of the COTF launch thinking how horrible the new Falcon looked but as time went on I saw proper shots of it with proper liveries and actually on a race track in motion and my opinion changed. I think everyone's jumping the gun a bit with the Mustang with so few, and imo badly taken shots. Is it perfect, certainly not, but I don't think it will be as bad as many people are making it out to be.

This is one of the promo shots of the Falcon COTF for reference. It looked all out of whack to me at the time .
fpr-falcon-cotf-track.jpg

My 2 cents :).

I remember back in the days of the COTF launch thinking how horrible the new Falcon looked but as time went on I saw proper shots of it with proper liveries and actually on a race track in motion and my opinion changed. I think everyone's jumping the gun a bit with the Mustang with so few, and imo badly taken shots. Is it perfect, certainly not, but I don't think it will be as bad as many people are making it out to be.

This is one of the promo shots of the Falcon COTF for reference. It looked all out of whack to me at the time .
View attachment 797570

My 2 cents :).
The FG X looked a bit more weird than the FG II.
IMG_6510.JPG

From front on TV shots, it will look fantastic with the added green where Faresin used to be. It’s shame that BP were against integrating their logo on the rest of the car, the same way it is on the front bumper, because the BP Ultimate logo looks really good on the green.

Happy that Castrol have stuck around after the Nissan has gone.

Latest Posts

Back