2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
New Sponsor? :sly: Just peel the livery off this and apply it to the Mustang

Competition-Motorsports-Bathurst-12-Hour.png

DxLIvYeVYAA_jGR.jpg

Guess this all but confirms Heimgartner and Jacobson then. Interesting to see what backing Jacobson has seeing as Mega Fuels are apparently sponsoring WAU.

Also, shows how ruthless T8 are. :lol:

Not his own(not husband, haha) fault NISSAN backed him with the all important #23. Also, not his fault they were all crashing into one another, joined at the hip each race.
He's not my number one pick, but I'd like to know the deal with his sponsorship.

Last edited:
Bit of a shame for Caruso really, always liked him. Would've liked to have seen him get another drive but I guess that shows there's a good young crop coming through to displace him. Or rich.

Bit of a shame for Caruso really, always liked him. Would've liked to have seen him get another drive but I guess that shows there's a good young crop coming through to displace him. Or rich.
If it's Jacobson in the seat, it's been too long. About time he gets to show his talent. He should have been out the same time Lebrocq graduated.

Advantage being, he's driven the S2 Altima with standard shocks. As a rookie, in the Altima package, I'm not expecting him to be top 15. However, I do hope KR unlock more speed. Heimgartner did pretty good. Maybe Jacobson can get some of that.

No trace of purple in that WAU sneak-peek so no Mega Fuels unless they're paying mega bucks for the bonnet :confused:
It’s a black and white photo. :P

I’m also disappointed to see the departure of Michael Caruso. Regardless of stats, I’ve always rated him. He’s a top talent and I’m sure he’ll fit in nicely as Lee Holdsworth’s endurance partner (calling it now). Perhaps there’s a chance he’ll turn up at GRM again for their TCR effort.

He’s a top talent and I’m sure he’ll fit in nicely as Lee Holdsworth’s endurance partner (calling it now).
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holdsworth-labels-caruso-exit-cruel/?sf206879043=1

Newly signed Bottle-O Mustang driver Holdsworth may, however, be a direct beneficiary of Caruso’s move to PIRTEK Enduro Cup co-driving duties.

Although Caruso has not confirmed his destination, he’s been strongly linked with Tickford, which is yet to announce its full enduro squad.

No trace of purple in that WAU sneak-peek so no Mega Fuels unless they're paying mega bucks for the bonnet :confused:

Honestly at first glance, I thought it might have been a camouflage livery for a certain coupe. :lol:

But yeah, think you could be right. Unless they've changed their colours. Might not be Mega on that bit of the car.

Webber just lapped Mount Panorama in the Porsche. He's said he doesn't want to race on the mountain, though he did strike up a thought with Eric Bana.

I'm thinking, MW is best friends with Alonzo. Alonso is taking part in all these series around the world. What if he and MW got together and WAU/Zak Brown hooked them up with a VASC for the enduros? If it ever happened, would Alonzo have that much of an influence, to finally get MW to race at Bathurst?

Webber just lapped Mount Panorama in the Porsche. He's said he doesn't want to race on the mountain, though he did strike up a thought with Eric Bana.

I'm thinking, MW is best friends with Alonzo. Alonso is taking part in all these series around the world. What if he and MW got together and WAU/Zak Brown hooked them up with a VASC for the enduros? If it ever happened, would Alonzo have that much of an influence, to finally get MW to race at Bathurst?
Short answer: No

There’s more chance of seeing them team up for the 12hr & that’s very slim at best.

Back