2020/21 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 948 comments

Your Opinion: Messi or Ronaldo?

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Diogo Dalot will join AC Milan on a dry loan with the medical finishing this morning. Like the Brahim Diaz loan from Real Madrid, Maldini apparently has a gentleman's agreement with Man U to discuss a permanent transfer later in the season.

If you have not seen this penalty shootout in the middle of a tropical storm from Thursday, take a look. This is the un-cut version with 15 million Euro on the line. I could barely watch it live the other day:

Quite a bit to get through today with the six games and transfer news.

Newcastle 3-1 Burnley
Leicester 0-3 West Ham
Southampton 2-0 West Brom

Newcastle had comfortable win in last nights game, Saint-Maximin was man of the match with a great individual goal and an assist for Wilson for the second, Ashley Westwood got Burnley's goal with a nice finish and Wilson got his second of the game with a penalty quite late on, Nick Pope had a bad game in goal and caused the penalty when he let the ball go over his foot and he took out Fraser in an attempt to make amends.

West Ham were dominant in perhaps a surprise win, Leicester didn't have a shot on target all game which was also surprising given they beat Man city 5-2 last week, goals came from Antonio, Fornals and Bowen. Djenepo and a rare goal for Romeo got Southampton's goals.

Two games on at the moment, its Arsenal 2-0 Sheffield United with Saka and Pepe getting the goals and Wolves 1-0 Fulham, Pedro Neto just got Wolves goal, about 65 mins played in both games. Man United-Spurs and Villa-Liverpool still to come today.

James Maddison was left out of the Leicester squad with the official reason being a calf injury but he has been linked with a Man United move again today, Dalot to AC Milan had been confirmed, loan move.

I'm not watching the second half.
No matter how bad it would get, I would always watch every minute I can of every Liverpool game I can.

Some nasty tackles by Pogba and Bailly stamping on player's heels, especially Bailly who was lucky to stay on the pitch after also scraping studs down a players calf who was lying on the ground. They should use whatever aggression they have into the way they play their game.

Great play from Spurs. Thoroughly deserved result.

Ross Barkley straight in for Villa. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores as he usually raises his game against Liverpool as an ex blue. ;) :lol:

You know what Manchester United needs to do? Spent a lot more money on new players.

If someone told you there were 16 goals in two games featuring Manchester United and Liverpool, you'd not guess those scorelines.

And this is the first time I ever remember the videprinter having to resort to words rather than numbers for goals Liverpool have conceded...

Well that was a more mad result than Man Utd v Spurs, :eek: and you wouldn't have thought that were possible. :lol:

I had a feeling about Barkley. Pity I didn't bet on it, or had money to bet on it anyway. :lol:

The only plus point for me was Salah as my Captain in the Fantasy Football. ;) And believably, only -1 for Alexander-Arnold and Robertson after shipping 7 goals. :eek: I think that may change when FF see how bad they were. :lol:

What a crazy day for football, erm, don't really know what else to say. Spurs and Villa both brilliant, both deserved to win by large margins.

Got to look at the games after the internation break as a fresh start.

Haven’t watch Premier League in a while. I guess I picked the right day to watch a few games! MU I’m not too surprised about, but Liverpool game I didn’t expect to go that way. Luckily Arsenal won. Let’s see if they can get back to their top form and get their usual 4th place this year :)

No matter how bad it would get, I would always watch every minute I can of every Liverpool game I can.

I can't do that. My temper is so bad that I would be one of those people that would throw something through the television. I'll watch replays of games or highlights but I don't watch live games of teams I support. I haven't watched a live University of Alabama football game since about 1990. I really can't watch live games now that I live in an apartment. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the level of yelling, screaming, stomping around, and throwing things that would go on especially if I was watching that Liverpool game today. :lol:

So I didn't see the Liverpool game but I'll watch the highlight package sometime tonight.

I don't really know what to say about United anymore, just another horrendous day, I've got a feeling that Cavani and Telles will only paper the cracks, The only thing that makes me smile about united right now is that its a whole fortnight till the play again...

Wow what a performance by Villa and Ollie Watkins, huge win for them and a bit of a head-scratcher for Liverpool. Villa up to second in the league.

Deadline day is tomorrow, window closes at 11pm.

I can't do that. My temper is so bad that I would be one of those people that would throw something through the television. I'll watch replays of games or highlights but I don't watch live games of teams I support. I haven't watched a live University of Alabama football game since about 1990. I really can't watch live games now that I live in an apartment. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the level of yelling, screaming, stomping around, and throwing things that would go on especially if I was watching that Liverpool game today. :lol:

So I didn't see the Liverpool game but I'll watch the highlight package sometime tonight.
Best not to watch sports live if that is the reaction you have. :eek: :nervous: Maybe consider the phrase 'it's only a game' too. ;) :lol:

I've learnt to enjoy the highs, and minimise the lows. It's taken awhile though. :lol:

Best not to watch sports live if that is the reaction you have. :eek: :nervous: Maybe consider the phrase 'it's only a game' too. ;) :lol:

I've learnt to enjoy the highs, and minimise the lows. It's taken awhile though. :lol:

Oh I can watch live sports, just not the teams I support which means Liverpool. I don't have any NFL affiliation so I can watch that on Sunday afternoon just fine.

But my temper goes far beyond sports. Back in the day when I played video games with controllers, I've probably smashed at least 20-30 controllers over those years. I played basketball for about 25 years and I've done more damage to my body with temper tantrums than actual spots injuries. Punching or kicking walls, chairs, tables, etc. after losing games or missing easy layups etc. When I played golf there's not telling how many clubs I broke over those years.

I run very, VERY hot almost all the time and I'm not talking temperature hot, I'm mean temperament hot.

I don't really know what to say about United anymore, just another horrendous day, I've got a feeling that Cavani and Telles will only paper the cracks,
You won't like this, but my favourite moment was when Maguire mis-headed the ball, and then brought down Shaw as he was trying to clear it. I find it amazing that Man U are not linked with any central defenders.

At Liverpool, Van Dijk seems to have let the fame of being the "world's best defender" go to his head.

Not a huge amount happening on Deadline day thus far.

Everton have signed defender Ben Godfrey from Norwich for £20 million.
Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi close to joining Hertha Berlin on loan.
Spurs Ryan Sessegnon has joined Hoffenheim on loan.
Bayern Munich have re-signed Douglas Costa on loan from Juventus and signed PSG's Choupo-Moting on a free.
Everton's Theo Walcott is having a medical at Southampton ahead of a loan move.
Leeds in talks to sign Rennes midfielder Raphinha.
Edinson Cavani and Alex Telles set to have Man United medicals ahead of their moves, United have been linked with Atalanta's young winger Amad Toure and have made an enquiry to Watford about winger Ismaila Sarr, unlikely that moves for Sancho and Dembele will happen.

Away from the transfers the other news is that England have delayed Abraham, Chilwell and Sancho joining up with the squad because its been reported that they attended a party which was in breach of the social gathering restrictions, The FA need time to investigate hence the reason for the delay. Sterling has withdrawn from the squad because of injury and Reece James has been called up from the U21's for his first call up.

You won't like this, but my favourite moment was when Maguire mis-headed the ball, and then brought down Shaw as he was trying to clear it. I find it amazing that Man U are not linked with any central defenders.
It was ridiculous @daan I don't know how any PL defender could do that.

Looks like Telles to United is all but confirmed, Cavani may be officially announced at the same time.

Back