2020 FIA Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 16, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Going with Lamborghini for the second time. :)

[​IMG]

Dezcom, barak181, JEverettL and 2 others like this.
  3. Rods

Rods

@Master Weasel, I'm still undecided whether to stay with Lambo, but most of all, I'm curious about your assessment of the Gr3 and Gr4 car.s How do you like them.

EDIT: I had "over-quoted" and my own post appeared as a quote. Oops.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Dezcom, JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  4. Granadier

Granadier

Pre-season didn't go as planned for me with Aston Martin. Initial testing made me confident in the Gr.3 performance, but I failed to do extensive testing on the Gr.4 with the tire wear multipliers. Quite the mistaken assumption as the Gr.4 Vantage was nigh undrivable for me. Combining that with the quite shoddy state of the penalty system meant my motivation for racing in the pre-season dropped like a brick. There were a couple glimmers of hope though with a stellar race at Interlagos and some pretty great races at the Nurburgring to close out the season.

Not the end result I was hoping for,
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.25.02 PM.png

but it's time to move on to the official season.
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg

wedjim, Qyn, Winnie847 and 13 others like this.
  5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

wedjim, Qyn, Dezcom and 8 others like this.
  6. Famine

Famine Administrator

It jumped straight out at me, and seemed a very obvious choice. Good pic :D

wedjim, Qyn, Dezcom and 6 others like this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

Guess I'll be picking later, when the RX-VISION GT3 arrives. Whenever that is.

Looking ahead to the Nations Gr.4. Supra wasn't flash while conserving(and that was on default RH for a Daily race). Got better results and enjoyment going flat out.

Qyn, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  8. GT5Apex

GT5Apex

What's the Lexus RC F GT3 like with tyres and fuel?

I recently purchased this car and it felt nice to drive when i was testing it in arcade mode, so i was thinking about signing with lexus.

wedjim, Qyn and Pigems like this.
  9. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt

If anyone remembers from last official season, I had compiled a spreadsheet with all the manufacturer selections for the many of the high end drivers in GT Sport.

Now compiling the 2020 edition. Some have stayed put while others have made surprise moves.

wedjim, Qyn, TRL LIGHTNING and 18 others like this.
  10. gears_1000

gears_1000

Liveries are a work in progress but I love driving the two cars right here.

Looking forward to the start of the season as I try to right the wrongs that I did in the preseasons when it came to my racecraft.

upload_2020-3-16_22-28-15.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200315215356.jpg

Sean YZF, Qyn, bduddy and 8 others like this.
  11. Wardez

Wardez Staff Emeritus

We're doing a Gran Turisbros Live Podcast on my YouTube channel. We're doing a shakedown of various Manufacturers to try and figure out which we should pick for the 2020 season! We have @OutlawQuadrnt on the show to share with us his view of the competitive landscape in the soon coming FIA GTC Manufacturer's Series. There's a lot of talent spread all over the place so early already, we cover the notable moves, stacked manus, and our own nervous approaches to trying to be what's right for ourselves in the midst of all the crazy competition. Join us right now as we hang out and have fun shooting the pit xD <3333

Live right now!

wedjim, T_revisio, Qyn and 9 others like this.
  12. MikeGrove

MikeGrove

I wish I had told you I was officially picking Mclaren. Tartbutter probably thought Mclaren was wide open since you left it blank. You put in all my teammates but not me @OutlawQuadrnt

Please put me in for Renault right away, so I can ward off any more aliens who want to return to the game unexpectedly.

I really wanted that McLaren

Nice! I will join you guys in a bit :idea:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2020
  13. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Great initiative.

That Porsche lineup is ridiculously stacked already.

wedjim, Dezcom, Lost Sheltie and 5 others like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

I wish GR.4 and GR.3 were separated in points. The two classes should be separate like the real classes.

If we had an option to choose between the two classes and the option to do both classes, it may just free up players to race what they want to race.

As it is, a player's results hang on how they perform over both classes. If I just do GR.4 races, I may lose out on points to someone who does good in one Gr.3 race and may score less than me in the GR.4 races. That's not a fair representation.

I understand someone may score more points than me, overall, by just doing one GR.4 race and no other races in Stage 1. That's not a problem, as at least it's held to GR.4 results.

Qyn, Dezcom, SmokeyMR2 and 2 others like this.
  15. JujUltraSG

JujUltraSG

@watto79 What did you use as BB for GR3 and GR4? I'm really interested by this manufacturer. Just a bit concerned with the lack of speed

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

Penalties strike again. I got 4 seconds on the penultimate corner in the last lap. I got the lead just before the last lap. Karts behind were so far back, the slipstream brought them right on my tail at the Liqui Moly underpass.

I go wide with three other cars taking the inside. I avoid another car going wide. As I go on the inside of that car, another car on the inside of me, go side by side. We make contact, you guessed it, penalty for me on the outside of that car.

Anyway, was fun. Laughable watching cars spin and the avatar animations.
    ETS2Xu4U0AArQWG.jpeg ETS2RkWUYAAXMi1.jpeg

Qyn, Dezcom, Master Weasel and 4 others like this.
  17. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

So the season will start with this broken penalty system . :banghead:

Qyn, Groundfish, Dezcom and 7 others like this.
  18. watto79

watto79

2 clicks to the front for the most part, but whatever it takes to keep tyre wear even.

Lack of speed is a concern, but qualify well on handling tracks and you're laughing. When tyre wear is high you just need to be patient and wait for the race to come back to you (which it will). I'm almost certainly going to go with them. I feel like I've talked myself into it!

Qyn, Lost Sheltie, 05XR8 and 7 others like this.
  19. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Well, the last time I drove for Lamborghini was in the Exhibition series last September, so it’s been quite a while since I touched these cars.

But I remember walking away feeling that they suit the way I drive, especially the Gr. 4 car. There were only 3 Gr. 4 races from that season (Fuji, DT Seaside, and Brands Hatch Indy) but I got good results on all of them. Its strengths outweighed its weaknesses for me and if anything, I thought the 4WD was an advantage the car had. Hopefully, I can say the same about the car for this season.

As for the Gr. 3 car, I think it shines best on high speed tracks like Tokyo Expressway East. You are right that tracks such as Lago Maggiore are an issue for it. I did a custom race on there with the settings for this Wednesday, and yeah, it was difficult to keep the thing from ruining its back tires since it’s prone to sliding. My first race this season is going to be Gr. 4 at Suzuka on Sunday, but if I were to do tomorrow’s race, I would seriously consider running the Hards instead of Mediums.

Qyn, Pigems and Rods like this.
  20. darth_tails

darth_tails

Well since I got killed early in the season (race 1) for manufacture's I boycotted most of the Pre-Season.

I haven't really decided if I am going to commit to the full season for 2020, I suspect I might skip like I did with 2019 as although I had
    some improvements in daily races I don't feel I'm at 100% for the FIA championship and it's always my busiest time of year for work and
    other hobbies so I can't practice as much as I'd like.

Good luck to everyone whose racing though!

Qyn likes this.
  21. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Man I sure hope Toyota is not as loosely goosey in race as I think they might be...
    Karts yo!!!!Gonna be fun!!!!

22. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Ready for karts tonight, but beware of those orange sausages
    [​IMG]
    It's going to be 'interesting'

This things don't really like mid turn course corrections, it will be rough. Since the servers didn't switch to DST, races now start at 6pm EST, 7:20, 8:40, 10pm, and 11:20. Results be damned, 11:20 will not go well but with the dire daily race selection I'll try to catch most if not all slots :)

wedjim, T_revisio, SmokeyMR2 and 9 others like this.
  23. Schalkehelmi

Schalkehelmi Premium

6D3D9749-6B90-4879-8F9F-FAA63B2C7ACC.jpeg

My FIA Manufacturer Lineup. Yes, two Gr. 3. A friend of mine and me both drive for Mercedes so we want to have the same livery in a lobby for training.

wedjim, Qyn, Pigems and 6 others like this.
  24. stpatty

stpatty

Tyres, fuel, accelerating out of corners in gears 1-3

(point three only applies to Gr.3 car)

Other notes:

Bit gutted going by @OutlawQuadrnt's post that Fire isn't sticking with Nissan. Based on his performances since the off-season he was one of their best chances of getting to a live event. Hopefully everyone who picks them does well and some more aliens jump in.

Good luck to everyone who's starting their Nations campaign today, or to anyone has already. I hope your seasons goes better than you're expecting it to.

Ed - I also hope you didn't just get disconnected from your first attempt at a race like I did. Fantastic stuff, this.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    kjeldsen, Qyn, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  25. Roman_GT23

Roman_GT23

tough choice. The Supra Gr.3 is too peaky for me. A lot of the Gr.4 tracks have long straights. Just read the Aston is a nightmare to drive........sheesh. I guess Merc or Porsche it is.....

26. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Did you land it?
    I’ll be entering as many as I can too.
    Hope to see you!

27. watto79

watto79

Nations Mario Kart Cup
    Yeah that was interesting. 3 minutes of qualifying is about as hectic as you'd expect. It's basically a quick race before the actual race. I only got 1 "clean" lap in that wasn't particularly quick due to being held up and still managed to start 11th. Mainly because a few people weren't able to get a clean lap in at all.
    As for the race, well the good news is the tyre wear is a complete non-issue. Makes you wonder why they set tyre wear at all. My race can be summed up in the below picture. The Italian had just served a penalty and I tried to go around them as they un-ghosted. We touched. I flew over the sausage curb. The resulting contact gave me a 10 second penalty and the Italian a first class express ticket face first into the wall. Surprised he survived to be honest but gladly he's still with us. I finished 16th.

Maybe the penalty was for the livery.

@SmokeyMR2 was in this race and wasn't able to get a quali lap in AND was given a penalty for being overtaken. The nutter might be racing again. I don't think I can do it to myself.

20200317165153.jpg

wedjim, SmokeyMR2, Qyn and 2 others like this.
  28. skyline1683

skyline1683

Well I got a dr reset because of stupid idiots thinking it’s ok to just smash you in to the wall and then you get the penalty from 60k to 40k well done pd you muppets

29. das89ca

das89ca

Nations Cup Rd 1:

Wanted something of a "banker" result - not to lose too much DR points.

Quali went decent, put me in P8 for the starting grid. The race started and I lost a few positions right away. Then all the race I was between P9 and P13 trading places and paint. It was pretty dirty, no space given, had also 1-2 rubbings my own, but it was a case of eat or get eaten. And I raced with TC2, the kart felt a lot more stable.

In the end I finished 10th - 99points. I will take them, it's a combo that I hate. Had to do 15 laps with the Alfa on Lago Maggiore to get back to a decent laptime.

My best is a 1.56.4 but I think there is at least 1s to gain somewhere. Let's see until tomorrow...

Qyn, Pigems and brianloch like this.
  30. brianloch

brianloch

Won't bother with kart races again, I just don't click with it.

Don't have slipstream in 1st race, so forgot it. 2nd race qualified 6th, got bombed on T1 and received a 1 second penalty. Was 11th I think, and I binned it on the 3rd lap. Finished in the bottom half for 83 points.