2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
How can people compare this to the Jussie Smollet incident? How can you be so insensitive to suggest that Bubba created this situation for himself? It's a completely different matter which simply comes down to a misunderstanding. To think that Bubba put it there, reported it as a hate crime and caused this whole ruckus is ludicrous. Look at the facts before accusing Bubba of this that and the other thing. Yes, it was a mistake but come on, the amount of carry-on over a simple error of judgement is obscene. Get over it.

How can people compare this to the Jussie Smollet incident? How can you be so insensitive to suggest that Bubba created this situation for himself? It's a completely different matter which simply comes down to a misunderstanding. To think that Bubba put it there, reported it as a hate crime and caused this whole ruckus is ludicrous. Look at the facts before accusing Bubba of this that and the other thing. Yes, it was a mistake but come on, the amount of carry-on over a simple error of judgement is obscene. Get over it.
You're dealing with two individuals who believe that Wallace doesn't belong in NASCAR as much as Danica Patrick didn't. They believe that these two drivers only made the sport as "diversity" and they have no place in NASCAR.

You're dealing with two individuals who believe that Wallace doesn't belong in NASCAR as much as Danica Patrick didn't. They believe that these two drivers only made the sport as "diversity" and they have no place in NASCAR.

Which is so stupid considering Danica Patrick the whole time WAS nothing but hype (Not made better the likes of ESPN completely making it all the more unbearable) whereas it literally only had this year in 2020 that Darrell Wallace Jr. has gotten anywhere near this much attention, for an all together different reason

Does anyone remember seeing Bubba in a reality TV show? It was maybe 10 years ago on a cable channel like TNT, or TBS.
The show followed a bunch of young racers trying out for a spot as a development racer for some big NASCAR team. Roush, I think.
They all lived in the same house, and that was filmed too. *drama*
The thing about Bubba, is that he was the most mature of the group, and arguably the best driver. There was also a very strong girl, I can't remember her name.
One of the last races they did, they were in black cars similar to the Hudson in GT6.
I checked IMDB and there was no mention of it. I'm not 100% sure it was Bubba, someone help!

Anyway, because of seeing that show, I was happy to see him coming up to the highest levels.

Does anyone remember seeing Bubba in a reality TV show? It was maybe 10 years ago on a cable channel like TNT, or TBS.
The show followed a bunch of young racers trying out for a spot as a development racer for some big NASCAR team. Roush, I think.
They all lived in the same house, and that was filmed too. *drama*
The thing about Bubba, is that he was the most mature of the group, and arguably the best driver. There was also a very strong girl, I can't remember her name.
One of the last races they did, they were in black cars similar to the Hudson in GT6.
I checked IMDB and there was no mention of it. I'm not 100% sure it was Bubba, someone help!

Anyway, because of seeing that show, I was happy to see him coming up to the highest levels.
That would be the Gong Show, or renamed to Roush Racing: Driver X in 2005. There was a Bubba on that show, but it was Bubba Pollard. It aired on the Discovery Channel.

Roush Racing Gong Show

There was also the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Program, which Bubba WAS/IS a part of, that took more female/minority drivers. This program also included Kyle Larson, Daniel Suarez and Natalie Decker, among others.

It looks worse than I expected, why even tie it like that if they weren't targeting Bubba with racism (which they obviously weren't given how long it's been there).

RPM/NASCAR absolutely did the right thing to report and investigate it.

There's no way to look at that and not think it's a noose. Because it is a noose. It just happened to be there before Bubba Wallace was assigned that pit, so it wasn't specifically targeted at him. Still, what was going on in the heads of the NASCAR/Tallageda officials?
"Let's give the only car stall with a noose in it to the black guy."
"I cannot see any problems with that, sir."

^It's worth noting that NASCAR visited every track that they race at and inspected all their garages, and only the 43's garage stall had a door puller tied like a noose.

NASCAR has also said that they don't believe that the rope was there prior to the October 2019 race, but was tied at some point during the race weekend. Definitely an unusual choice of knot, if I'm honest.

Looking at the picture NASCAR took, I think the freakout was a pretty reasonable initial reaction.

If I were a betting man I would say some kid that was working there during the race did it as one of those "let's do something stupid and see if anyone notices" pranks and forgot/didn't care enough to remove it once nobody noticed. At least I hope that's the case as teenage stupidity is much easier to come to terms with than a full grown adult thinking tying it like that was appropriate.

I looked at the photo of the noose. It appeared to fit the definition of a real noose, but it was serving as a lanyard to a garage door. It did not appear that it would have been functional as a real-life hanging noose since it was so close to the floor.

My theory is that Bubba became triggered into an emotional response, and doesn't want to admit it.

But I'm troubled by the presence of the noose in the first place. But supposedly 15 FBI agents investigated and concluded it was not a hate crime. So go figure. I do not know.

I looked at the photo of the noose. It appeared to fit the definition of a real noose, but it was serving as a lanyard to a garage door. It did not appear that it would have been functional as a real-life hanging noose since it was so close to the floor.

My theory is that Bubba became triggered into an emotional response, and doesn't want to admit it.

But I'm troubled by the presence of the noose in the first place. But supposedly 15 FBI agents investigated and concluded it was not a hate crime. So go figure. I do not know.

From what was said, it was someone from the 43 team that alerted NASCAR and in turn, they alerted Wallace as he himself didn't see it prior to that picture being posted.

That’s not the point. A noose, functional or not, is a reminder to black people that white people (at least the white people who would hang up nooses) do not see them as human. It’s a reminder of the horrors of lynching and if black people “step out of line”, all it takes is a trip to the hardware store to bring those days back. In fact they may already be back. In the last two weeks five black and brown men have been found hanging from trees. It seems highly doubtful they were all suicides. So yeah, if Bubba “became triggered into an emotional response” that’s because that’s exactly what a noose is meant to do. We’re just lucky that in this case, it turned out to be a false alarm.

Tomorrow should be interesting with the reverse grid, granted I'm guessing it will only make for an interesting 10 laps or so.
Well considering how hard it is to pass with the spoilers and aeroducts, they should probably be mixed up until at least the end of the first stage and pit stops cycle thru.

The Mattioli family should strongly consider adding lights to Pocono. I say this as it has taken nearly 1 hour to run 13 laps in the NGROTS race due to accidents.

The Mattioli family should strongly consider adding lights to Pocono. I say this as it has taken nearly 1 hour to run 13 laps in the NGROTS race due to accidents.
It’s like morning rush hour. These guys need some coffee.

Last edited:
I'm ready to give up on Nascar. What the **** is up with the weather surrounding the races? Lightning reported.

09273555-06AF-4B61-AA00-301DC4E2CB0A.jpeg
Bringing it back.

Kyle Busch gets turned around, 6th caution.

Let's see if Bubba and Logano pitting early ends up paying off. The race just became official, so if I had to guess they'll probably run until 8-8:30 before calling it.

Edit: Bubba's radio after missing the 37 is absolute quality. :lol:

Last edited:
NASCAR was stuck this week because of 4 races in 2 days, but they should be requesting that Pocono puts in lights for next year, unless they want darkness shortened races.

Back