2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
Is it me, or is the 43's front rims significantly larger than the rears? :odd:

Edit: Seems like Jeff Gordon's prediction skills were on point tonight. Also Boyer giving Bowman that what's-for for 8th.

Last edited:
Is it me, or is the 43's front rims significantly larger than the rears? :odd:

Edit: Seems like Jeff Gordon's prediction skills were on point tonight. Also Boyer giving Bowman that what's-for for 8th.
Racin is racin

Edit: guess I read that wrong.
It was a good show and just shows how important one position can be.

Good weekend of racing.

Last edited:
I'm hearing more and more (mostly Youtube fan videos) about Tony Stewart possibly bringing Kyle Larson back to the Cup series to drive the #14 next year.

Some of the same videos say Larson is having way more fun racing dirt cars, so unless SHR offers Larson an obscene amount of money, he may stay with the dirt cars.

The Larson to SHR is a popular opinion on reddit as well as Keselowski to the 48. I do think that NASCAR continuing to have stories about Larson and his dirt track career on social media probably means that he will race NASCAR again.

And this news puts Allgaier in the 48 this weekend. Jimmie's consecutive start streak ends at 665.

Last edited:
And this news puts Allgaier in the 48 this weekend. Jimmie's consecutive start streak ends at 665.

Have they confirmed Allgaier yet? I haven’t seen anything.

I guess it was bound to happen eventually, it’s a shame Jimmie is having a terrible farewell year.
Agreed. As torturous as it was to watch him dominate year after year (unless you were a fan of his), I feel for the guy. He's not going to get the proper sendoff he deserves.

Agreed. As torturous as it was to watch him dominate year after year (unless you were a fan of his), I feel for the guy. He's not going to get the proper sendoff he deserves.
Unless he gets really ill, I think he will make it back before the season is over.

Unless he gets really ill, I think he will make it back before the season is over.
Even so, he's still missing one of the biggest races of the season. And currently no fans in the stands to cheer him on. No driver intros where fans can show their appreciation. No driver appearances or autograph sessions. I don't know, it just seems unfortunate for one of the legends of the sport not to get to experience those things in his final season. And I'm not even a fan of his. :indiff:

Even so, he's still missing one of the biggest races of the season. And currently no fans in the stands to cheer him on. No driver intros where fans can show their appreciation. No driver appearances or autograph sessions. I don't know, it just seems unfortunate for one of the legends of the sport not to get to experience those things in his final season. And I'm not even a fan of his. :indiff:
Yeah, that is sad. I was never a fan, but no one can deny his huge achievement.

I imagine Jimmie will miss 2-3 races assuming he has the usual duration of COVID. He’ll get a waiver and chances of him winning a race before the playoffs will be somewhere around 98%. Assuming there’s 2-3 races more for him to miss. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see NASCAR get cancelled again and all the other American sports planning on returning soon delay their plans. The US is a disaster at the moment

After seeing the Xfinity guys put on a good show today, I don't understand how anyone would rather see the Cup guys on the oval instead of the road course at Indy. The Xfinity race could have been even better had every single stage ending not been ruined by late cautions, removing a lot of opportunities for different strategies.

After seeing the Xfinity guys put on a good show today, I don't understand how anyone would rather see the Cup guys on the oval instead of the road course at Indy. The Xfinity race could have been even better had every single stage ending not been ruined by late cautions, removing a lot of opportunities for different strategies.

The oval is all about the “prestige“, but when the racing has sucked pretty much for 25 years and you’re just piggy backing off of the history of a race from an entirely different series, it’s irrelevant. Cup should be at the road course, Xfinity should be at IRP.

Is it a coincidence that it was to be race # 666 ?
Actually, this would have been race 667. He ran 3 races in 2001, I do not remember the first one offhand but the last two were the final 2 scheduled races of the year.

Since he did NOT run at New Hampshire in 2001, his streak was 663. I regret the error.

Current hold for lightning , last strike within 2.5 miles according to officials on scanner.

Radar looks like rain soon and for awhile.

Looks like rain is dissipating before getting to track but still lightning delay.
If rain stays away they should be ready to call drivers soon.

Back