2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
They need to lower the pit road speed at Indy. They are going way to fast for how narrow it is.

Another hard wreck right at the finish.
Harvick, Kenseth, Almirola, Keselowski, Custer, Ky. Busch, McDowell, Reddick, Wallace, Logano.

Can we try the Cup cars at the road course next year?

Also, Front Row is on a roll right now, hopefully they can keep it up!

The right fronts really took a beating today. Indy's track surface got the better of the tires today for sure.

Moreso the high downforce package creating higher loads than they’re capable of handling in the flat corners and the lack of practice limiting how much teams could adjust how aggressive their setups were.

The no practice thing is bugging me. They let Xfinity practice. I understand that that was the first tome they ever ran that configuration but they could have done at least one Cup practice. It’s borderline a safety concern at this point.

I do wonder why they haven’t started doing practice and qualifying again. I can understand not doing a full weekend but one would think at least qualifying would have returned by now.

Yeah, with a surface notoriously hard on tyres, to go into a race with that many unknowns and the oval having had no running on it, requiring a competition caution that then sees a 5 or 6 car jam-up in the pits, with a guy pinned between two cars, and then see a number of number of people out or in the wall with tyre issues anyway - isn't a great look.

Anyway, missed the end of the race (most of stage 3) since the delayed start meant it was likely to finish around 2 am, and I'm not the biggest fan of IMS anyway. Not surprised to see the result. Shame Allgaier was taken out so early - I know driving the 48 for HMS must be a big deal, but man he sounded nervous.

It’s funny because the exact opposite has happened with the ratings as they have been increasing more often than not. Granted that probably has more to do with people not having many options for live sports, but the flag decision doesn’t seem to be hurting them viewer wise.

I thought that scandal had passed. A crew member found something suspicious, so NASCAR did an investigation. The investigation was done in good faith.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
I read that 15 FBI agents were involved in the investigation. And they were immediately involved. I'm unsure how this happened and how "normal" it is. Given the lengthy list of controversies the FBI has always been involved in, it may be fair to consider what, if any, their precise purpose and agenda may have been.

I may be wrong but Childress is a friend or supporter of Trump....
I may be wrong, but IMHO the entire paddock of NASCAR owners are all staunch Republicans, Roger Penske not least of all. That is why I was particularly impressed when his Team representative at Texas took a very public knee during the racial justice ceremony.

This man is the leader of a whole nation.... what an utter racist piece of ****....

Democratically elected leader of the American people. Either Trump isn't a racist piece of ****, or, the American people are on the whole, racist pieces of ****, or, America isn't a democracy.

In any case, the situation is vile.

edit:

Also,

EcRL3zmWkAclBPy

Almost all of us are not racist, including our president, just stupid to the plight of others.

On a sorta friendlier topic, anyone think Denny Hamlin sounded a bit off in the post crash interview? I know he had only smacked the wall harder than a Mike Tyson punch a few minutes earlier, but he shouldn't have been put in front of a camera. He didn't slur his speech, but he sounded a bit like a fighter who just got knocked out. Wasn't completely there, yet was supposedly cleared by a Dr.?

Back