2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
I don't get why these cars don't delete the wings and place gurney flaps on the back like NASCAR. Yes, those cars are designed that way, but they have 300 more horsepower, balloon tyres and reach higher speeds. VASC cars are closer to production cars. It'd make the racing more fun.

The Supercars logistics shed is next to my work, they've had one of Giz' and one of Scotty's cars in there all week fitting them with different sensors and stuff for the testing. Hopefully we actually see some results out of it but I'm sure they'll cock it up as usual.

I don't get why these cars don't delete the wings and place gurney flaps on the back like NASCAR. Yes, those cars are designed that way, but they have 300 more horsepower, balloon tyres and reach higher speeds. VASC cars are closer to production cars. It'd make the racing more fun.
Maybe a hair closer... but they really aren't close at all these days.

I never realized how much of a jigsaw puzzle they were until watching the last Kelly Racing video. Surely they could press bigger inner panels than that.

When is a Supashock shock absorber not a Supershock?

When it's branded a Pedders by Supercars for bags of money & a deceitful marketing campaign.

What a shocker (actually, not really) :rolleyes:

As much as I'd love to see BMW join the series. Given the source material. I'm inclined to take this article with a humongous grain of salt.

There's still an attempt to make the cars look like their road going counterparts, and they do look far more so than anything NASCAR puts out.
Neither look anything like the road going counterpart :lol:. Both the NASCAR and Supercar are purpose built race cars, one has OEM mirrors, therefore a hair ;). Back when Project Blueprint first started I would agree with you guys, but not with these Gen 2 spec cars.

1.png

2.png

Edit: I'd probably still agree with you guys right up to the FGX, Nissan and VFII cars, but marginally not with the ZB and definitely not with the Mustang.

Last edited:
It'll probably depend on what he wants to do in the future. He's got the professionalism. Definitely fits DJRTP's clean cut image. Just like Scott, he'd have some options if he wanted to pursue the USA.

Man, got to feel for Premat. Finally wins Bathurst and then gets dumped. Savage. :lol: Great opportunity for Slade to put some of that bad luck from the past few seasons behind him though.

Last edited:
Man, got to feel for Premat. Finally wins Bathurst and then gets dumped. Savage. :lol: Great opportunity for Slade to put some of that bad luck from the past few seasons behind him though.
I think they have made the right move to get Slade because he is based in Australia, and not like Premat.

These co driver announcements make me wonder if Moffat will follow Mostert over to WAU. They've been a great combo the past couple of seasons. Maybe Perkins will go to Tekno with Courtney?
In the same breath, would make a lethal 4-car team. :sly:

As long as it means Brown gets a full time drive. I'm down. :lol:

McLaughlin partnered with Slade will be one tough duo come enduro season next year. And the Reynolds/Brown combination has got to be the most likeable lineup, for sure. Both funny guys and very quick at that.

was also thinking, as an Adelaide native, it nice to see BJR replace Slade with another driver from down here, even if he is from the northern suburbs. :P

McLaughlin partnered with Slade will be one tough duo come enduro season next year. And the Reynolds/Brown combination has got to be the most likeable lineup, for sure. Both funny guys and very quick at that.

was also thinking, as an Adelaide native, it nice to see BJR replace Slade with another driver from down here, even if he is from the northern suburbs. :P
Todd Hazelwood? He's from Athelstone.... eastern, bordering on north eastern maybe. Northern suburbs is over the dingo fence from us around these parts :P.

Grand Junction Road is the northern fence line.... well, according to all of my ratbag mates that's where it is. :P There's also a southern fence line.

Todd Hazelwood? He's from Athelstone.... eastern, bordering on north eastern maybe. Northern suburbs is over the dingo fence from us around these parts :P.

Grand Junction Road is the northern fence line.... well, according to all of my ratbag mates that's where it is. :P There's also a southern fence line.
I grew up in Hallett Cove, so everything past the ring road around North Adelaide is north enough for me. :lol:

Yeah. Saw that news. Deleted speedcafe. They kept checking my posts and deleting them. Good riddance.

Anyway, next year should be good racing from all teams, except the Sydney team. That's if it's happening,

Yeah. Saw that news. Deleted speedcafe. They kept checking my posts and deleting them. Good riddance.

Anyway, next year should be good racing from all teams, except the Sydney team. That's if it's happening,
You mustn't have been toxic/controversial enough to keep their view count up ;)

Back