2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
Isn't the Camaro tipped to be discontinued in 2023? If the rumours turn out to be true, and the sources are said to be reliable, it will only buy the series a few more years. :nervous:
I haven’t heard that one.

I like what Erebus are doing here. Better than what Tickford have done in recent years.
So do I....

Because it's only a matter of time before T8 or DJRTP try for Anton's signature, either when JW retires or SM goes OS, whichever comes first.

Last edited:
Yeah, forgot about AD possibly going to T8. Would make sense if Whincup leaves.

I wonder if SVG would leave as well.

Yeah, forgot about AD possibly going to T8. Would make sense if Whincup leaves.

I could see Pye replacing Whincup. Anton is the obvious choice for DJRTP if they don't re-sign Coulthard with Mostert now off the market.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/12/11/supercars-boss-responds-to-holdens-commodore-axing/

Seamer:
He also confirmed the series is working closely with both Holden and Ford to ensure the brands continue in the sport when the series launches its Gen3 regulations for 2022.
“The 2021 timing coincides with the introduction of Gen3 Supercars, which, as we’ve already announced, will be designed to accommodate a wider range of body styles. We are already working closely with Holden and Ford on the Gen3 program.
So either Supercars SUV's and Light Commercials, or an outdated Gen 3 Commodore. :odd:

:sly:

So either Supercars SUV's and Light Commercials, or an outdated Gen 3 Commodore. :odd:

I'll be totally honest. A Supercar version of the Colorado might actually look pretty sweet. Would make the Ute series a little bit redundant though. :lol:

Heimgartner's new livery.... and a new to the series sponsor 👍.

0A5A1897-1.jpg
0A5A1913.jpg
0A5A1918.jpg

I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me.

Ned must be a rich man.

What does he do?
loyalty_home-1.png

I would have preferred this colour combination, but I'm not sure how it would work with the other sponsors colours.

Edit: I was checking Ned out a bit more and came across an image of just before this years Adelaide 500. So it's not their first foray into sponsoring AH.

ah_2019_reveal_31.jpg

Last edited:
This is nearly...nearly SuperGT-like with teammates sharing a car. Not like the enduros where someone does a one-off. It's not a driver switch at pit stop, but pretty cool initiative.

Great way to get experience in the main game rather than running as a wildcard once or twice a year. Hope MSR can get some good sponsors on that car.

Seems that Bryce Fullwood at WAU isn't a lock.
“I’m hoping to know more in the coming weeks. I was hoping to know before Christmas but it hasn’t worked out that way.

“There are a lot of things (to the deal in addition to funding). It is not just that. It is a part of it but they (the team) have got to make decisions as to who they want in the car. I’m hopeful, and that is all I can be.”

The thing is. Who does WAU go with other than Fullwood? Not many (if any) options left on the table at this point of the year.

I've soften on Rullo a bit. He did pretty decent job as a co-driver the last couple of years.Having said that he's nowhere near the prospect that Fullwood is.
I agree, but Rullo money wise and sponsorship though? I don't know if he could bring Castrol to WAU. Maybe WAU would prefer a good driver over cash.

SuperUtes will switch to LS3s. I guess SuperUtes fit in this thread, at least until the Opel disappears.

Anyway, they should have just started off with those cinitial concept sketches, to look like the Ranger below:

Back