2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
Man, I’m sorry to hear about that. That kind of stuff is inexcusable. The track hard enough to get around as an abled body person, but until now I never considered how difficult it would be for anyone in a situation like yourself and @CLowndes888.

If we’re ever at the same event down at The Bend, I’d be more than happy to offer you guys assistance if needed. I’m not much of a chatty person, to be honest, but I can talk all day about Motorsport so I’m sure it wouldn’t be too awkward for you guys. :P
Cheers for the offer 👍, Yeah I'm pretty much the same :)

We mostly only go places that won't be overcrowded, concerts being the exception because they're short enough to not be an issue, and stick to events at The Bend that we can drive into, something I'm hoping we'll be able to do for at least one of the upcoming days.

Hopefully ticketing isn't like it normally is where for a disabled pass you have to buy for the whole weekend, and in our case it's two tickets because we don't get any government carers assistance. Last time we priced for us to go for one day (which is all I can handle) it was going to cost over $600 :indiff:. Lucky for us they have plenty of free events. :)

Unfortunately The Bend is very, very low degradation (basically little to no falloff) from what was learnt during the test day... even when they ran on softs :indiff:.

Was hoping that the tyre format might mix things up a bit but based on what we've seen there the past couple of years. Outside of the first lap, it's going to be basically follow the leader. Can't wait. :indiff:

In better news. GRM are talking about a Bathurst wildcard.

Was hoping that the tyre format might mix things up a bit but based on what we've seen there the past couple of years. Outside of the first lap, it's going to be basically follow the leader. Can't wait. :indiff:
Hopefully they can be a bit more racey on the softs but from my experience at The Bend every category ends up being a bit of a procession no matter what aero or tyre combination they run... except bikes. The track needs a few more years on it to develop some character I think.

I'd love to see these guys make a return, and good to see they're planning on going with young guys 👍

My vote.
images (35).jpeg

I'm thinking it'll be a Simmons wheel. I guess overseas deliveries are still hampered.

My vote... but with centre locks.

the other wheel with covering (perfect condition).jpg

Now where have I seen those before? :sly:

Speaking with Speedcafe.com, Adderton said he was left bemused after the first Townsville SuperSprint and decided he wanted to give drivers something to fight for.

“I rang Paul Morris and I said to him, ‘The problem you have with Supercars is that the drivers don’t get prize money,’” said Adderton.

“There’s no reason to win other than to get some points and to get some accolades. So I said to him, ‘Let’s do a hard racer award. Let’s go out there and the three of us will choose a (driver) and we’ll give prize money who we consider on Monday morning to be the hardest racer.’

“We’ll give them incentives and stimulate them to get back in and start racing. Because right now there’s no incentive for them to do it. I just said, ‘We have to do something because it’s become boring’.

“Myself, The Enforcer (Ingall), and The Dude (Morris) will sit down at the end of the weekend and decide who was the hardest racer and we’ll award them a cheque.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/09/04/adderton-puts-up-5000-hard-racer-prize-for-supercars/

Last edited:
Also, yeah. As much I don't really care for Mr Boost Mobile man. This hard racer thing is a nice idea.
For sure, gives the mid to rear of field guys something extra to race for. I like that Ingall and Morris will be judges, it's just a shame it's not going to be part of the official telecast. Could have been a good bit of extra exposure for someone like Pye on his recent form. I must admit Supercars has been doing a better job of showing the mid to rear battles of late, and highlighting more teams achievements.

I can see Adderton having the deciding vote most of the time though, because Ingall will pick the bloke that qualifies poorly but races his way up the order, much like he used to do, and Morris will pick the bloke that ''gets the elbows out'' and forcefully takes a spot or two, much like he's known for.

Don't Supercars remember their own past? They did this for COTF , just like they already did an LS3 control engine. This Gen 3 car is going to much more of the same, just 100mm lower and save bugger all.

Now;
Speedcafe.com has since learned that the Supercars supplied chassis, once in its final homologated state, will be made available to teams as a disassembled kit set with associated category controlled componentry.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/09/04/supercars-set-to-offer-gen3-chassis-in-kit-form/

And then;
We decided to use our extensive knowledge of the new COTF chassis to create chassis ‘kits’ which include all the parts required to build a complete COTF chassis.
http://paceinnovations.com.au/project-details/supercars-car-of-the-future/

As long as more manufacturers jump on this and all parties, actually have a shot at winning at least one race(Weren't there about 11 different winners or 13 different podium finishers one year?), I'm all in.

Well, that's just got to be about the most interesting qualifying sessions we've had for awhile. Incredible job from the BJR crew. Great to see different faces up the front.

Well, that's just got to be about the most interesting qualifying sessions we've had for awhile. Incredible job from the BJR crew. Great to see different faces up the front.
👍 Young Bryce Fullwood has been going well in qualifying too!

Not a fan at all of that no further action decision. Waters difference in speed was hardly major, and it was SVGs responsibility to not make contact.

edit: Shame that after qualifying showed so much potential, the podium will now just the usual ones

Last edited:
The result was a bit of a let down after that wild qualifying session. Still awesome job from Hazelwood and BJR though and another nice consistent weekend for Chaz. Hopefully WAU can carry this kind of form over to the Bend.

Not a fan at all of that no further action decision. Waters difference in speed was hardly major, and it was SVGs responsibility to not make contact.

edit: Shame that after qualifying showed so much potential, the podium will now just the usual ones
If it was McLaughlin or any body else who did that to Waters, it would have been a penalty.

If Repco and Supercars were smart, they would forge a deal to slap Repco badges on the generic Supercars engine. They’d still go unused but it’d be a fun nod to Repco’s racing history. Either that or get everyone racing on the cheap Repco bikes from Big W.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/09/10/supercars-set-to-race-on-west-circuit-at-the-bend/
I'm really glad they'll utilise two different layouts for the next rounds.👍

They announced yesterday at the very end of the telecast there'll be a double-header at The Bend 👍.

It's looking like all will be 200 km races with refuelling, and could possibly be held on different layouts. The only possible layouts I could see being used are the International circuit ( the one they always use), the West circuit, or the GT circuit. The East circuit pit lane is far too small to accommodate pit stops so that's out, and I think the full GT circuit would require too much from a logistical standpoint. The West circuit would be the logical 'other' choice as it utilises the main pit lane building and the viewing, while smaller in area, would be great because you can see the whole track from most spots. https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/08/30/the-bend-owner-hopeful-of-using-multiple-layouts-for-supercars/

Back