2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
🤬:banghead:
William Byron was 11th when they called it. Top 10 streak ends at 11.

It was a good race, but the inexperience of the drivers was very apparent. A part of me wonders if perhaps some of the issues would have been at least partially resolved by NASCAR enforcing track limits and driving standards.

Also, top 5 for Allmendinger and Kaulig! :D

Rain race got rained out...

Yes, it happens, even in series that do it regularly.

It was a good race, but the inexperience of the drivers was very apparent. A part of me wonders if perhaps some of the issues would have been at least partially resolved by NASCAR enforcing track limits and driving standards.

Also, top 5 for Allmendinger and Kaulig! :D

Yes, it happens, even in series that do it regularly.
I wonder if the stage racing getting removed in rain events MIGHT have prevented those types of accidents. There wouldn't have been those bunched up restarts.

Well that was crazy - kind of the NASCAR equivalent of the 2019 F1 German Grand Prix where the rain made for an insane race. Was nice to see Wallace running so high for a bit, even if it did ultimately end in disaster. Being a Haas fan, I'm still waiting for Harvick to get a win this season. Can't really claim to know much at all about NASCAR as it's my first season watching it but Kyle Busch is really impressing me thus far. Looking forward to NASCAR races as much as the F1 these days!

Last edited:
Never could stand Harvick. But for once he is right. That race was an utter joke as was the winner. But NASCAR seen their opportunity to get their golden boy a win and took it. #WWEonWheels

Agree with Harvick re the safety issues, the lack of visibility was insane.

That race was an utter joke as was the winner. But NASCAR seen their opportunity to get their golden boy a win and took it. #WWEonWheels
Oh come on, really? How can you say that with the dreadful conditions on the track? It was done in the interest of safety and Elliot just happened to be leading at the time. NASCAR didn't give the race to him intentionally, that's ridiculous.

I wished I remembered to watch much more of NASCAR's races at Circuit of the Americas. Otherwise, it was a great weekend. Maybe what I was most surprised about is that NASCAR ran the full COTA layout. I thought maybe NASCAR would run an abbreviated layout. On top of that, racing in the rain was commendable. Because I grew up in racing as a road racing fan, I appreciated and admired NASCAR taking on a modern Grand Prix course and even in the rain. Stock cars were not meant to be road racing masters, but still giving it a shot and racing competitively is worth my respect. If I had to grade the whole handling of the races, I'd give it A- or an A.

Fabulous weekend in Austin! After many attempts to bring a proper circuit to the Houston/Galveston area, I've slowly begun to adopt COTA as my "home" track, though Austin is about three to four hours drive west of Houston.

Round 9 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Charlotte is live now.

Never could stand Harvick. But for once he is right. That race was an utter joke as was the winner. But NASCAR seen their opportunity to get their golden boy a win and took it. #WWEonWheels
I always laugh when I see that people seriously believe this.

Tonight is the Coca-Cola 600. NASCAR’s longest race. And the chevy’s all look fast.

Just started watching the race. Happy to see Bubba hovering around 10th-11th place, hoping he can keep it consistent tonight. Chevys are looking pretty strong indeed. Might be too early to call, but so far Larson seems like the favorite to win, though any of the Top-3 Hendrick cars could take it.

Kyle Busch looks like he’s the only car who might have something to say about a Hendrick car winning tonight. Gonna restart this final stage in P2.

I'm disappointed with tonight's race, so what exactly does this package achieve, given Larson won with 10 seconds over second? It gives the illusion of closer racing because of more chaotic restarts, but passing is twice as hard as it was before. What's the point?

Imagine Kyle Larson winning the championship this year... Easily the comeback of whole NASCAR's history :lol:
I would love to see that. Redemption for a poor move by Ganassi and NASCAR with their handling of a situation that the media had blown so out of proportion

I've never been a big Larson fan, but if he does go on to win the championship it will also be a big blunder for Ford.

Tony Stewart tried everything he could to put Larson in the 14. Ford refused to have Larson drive for them.

Back