2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Digging the NextGen reveals. BBS, IRS, the cars look more Trans Am-like than the T/A cars.

I'd love to hear driver's comments during a Watkins Glen weekend. Good stuff to come.

Hendrick Motorsports 1-2-3-4. Nobody else seems to have anything for them.

Last edited:
Hendrick Motorsports 1-2-3-4. Nobody else seems to have anything for them.
Didn't know Jimmie Johnson was the Monster Mile Master (most wins)... Bowman has to win this!!

Edit: He did!!

fy5Q.gif

Last edited:
Superb display from Hendrick Motorsports!

As a Haas fan I'm still hoping for a Harvick win this season but credit where credit's due, that was absolutely incredible. Not every day you see a 1-2-3-4 finish in motorsport!

Last edited:
Bowman with another win solidifying him as top HMS driver. Suarez with a Top 10. Bubba still no Top 10s despite having an open wallet. I wonder when MJ cuts off the cashflow to the money pit.

There's a rumor that supposedly Roush has offered Keselowski partial ownership in an attempt to get him to switch from Penske.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/05/18/report-brad-keselowski-to-roush-fenway-with-ownership-role/

Honestly I struggle to think of anything bad in this apart from it likely meaning the end of Newman's career unless he goes the backmarker route. Brad is certainly a high caliber driver that has quite a bit of experience running a team (albeit a Truck team) and Roush doesn't seem to have the clear succession plans that other major teams have (at least that I know of).

It would be interesting if this happens as currently I don't see any locks to take over the #2 car unless they moved Cindric and had someone else drive the #21. I would say DiBinedetto but unless they signed a deal prior to the season it's probably unlikely considering his performance thus far. Or perhaps they bring Newman back for a farewell season (hey, I can wish).

One thing is for sure, with this rumor plus the possible addition of 3 cars (1 already confirmed) this Silly Season could be very interesting.

Last edited:
eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series Round 8 from Circuit of the Americas goes live in 1 hour.

Last edited:
There's a rumor that supposedly Roush has offered Keselowski partial ownership in an attempt to get him to switch from Penske.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/05/18/report-brad-keselowski-to-roush-fenway-with-ownership-role/

Honestly I struggle to think of anything bad in this apart from it likely meaning the end of Newman's career unless he goes the backmarker route. Brad is certainly a high caliber driver that has quite a bit of experience running a team (albeit a Truck team) and Roush doesn't seem to have the clear succession plans that other major teams have (at least that I know of).

It would be interesting if this happens as currently I don't see any locks to take over the #2 car unless they moved Cindric and had someone else drive the #21. I would say DiBinedetto but unless they signed a deal prior to the season it's probably unlikely considering his performance thus far. Or perhaps they bring Newman back for a farewell season (hey, I can wish).

One thing is for sure, with this rumor plus the possible addition of 3 cars (1 already confirmed) this Silly Season could be very interesting.
Normally I would have been surprised that Brad would take the deal considering how much Roush has been struggling the last few years, but given that the new cars will probably be putting everyone on a more equal footing (theoretically anyway), it makes sense that he'd take an opportunity that guarantees he's got a ride for the next few years even if the first one goes less than great from the need for adjustment to new setups and such.

Normally I would have been surprised that Brad would take the deal considering how much Roush has been struggling the last few years, but given that the new cars will probably be putting everyone on a more equal footing (theoretically anyway), it makes sense that he'd take an opportunity that guarantees he's got a ride for the next few years even if the first one goes less than great from the need for adjustment to new setups and such.

Supposedly the former GM of his truck team is already working at Roush, and he’ll be able to shuffle the personnel. Remember how quickly Haas went from a 20th place team to a winning team when they brought in Tony Stewart. I think this is a win win for everyone involved (except Ryan Newman).

I think Matt D will stay in the 21 (even though I also have been disappointed by his performance, other than the occasional flash of brilliance) and Cindric will go to the 2. The only way I can see that changing is if Penske can snatch Reddick away from RCR. Since I think all of the other top drivers are locked into contracts. Other than Kurt Busch of course haha. Or a certain farmer from Missouri.

Last edited:
Supposedly the former GM of his truck team is already working at Roush, and he’ll be able to shuffle the personnel. Remember how quickly Haas went from a 20th place team to a winning team when they brought in Tony Stewart. I think this is a win win for everyone involved (except Ryan Newman).
You're not wrong there. If they do give him enough freedom to move the right people to the right places, then the team as a whole could absolutely capitalize on all changes coming in next year. And if Haas is still distracted with his dumpster fire of a Formula 1 effort, then that's all the better for Roush's prospects of being the top Ford team again, too.

The eNASCAR Pro-Invitational iRacing Series from Circuit of the Americas is starting in 15 minutes on FS1.

The eNASCAR Pro-Invitational iRacing Series from Circuit of the Americas is starting in 15 minutes on FS1.
Davidson's win was only in doubt when Bowyer had no idea where pit road is and nearly wrecked him.

I flipped to what is supposed to be FS2 according to the guide screen, but it was showing BBC News. :confused: :grumpy:

This race is definitely not crazy. Harvick getting lifted off the ground because he couldn't see and stopped on the backstretch.

Lot of drivers complaining that the wipers are not enough.

Last edited:
Red Flag. HUGE hit for Cole Custer driving under Truex.

This is stupid. They shouldn’t be running with this much spray. They need to wait for the rain to die down. You can’t see anything from 6th on back.

Last edited:
Only other option is to do single file starts and that doesn't guarantee anything. Truex incident was very similar to Harvick's.

Sooo... What about Lemans cars... Or F1, or GT cars too?? I would be agree if it was at night but it's a "bright" day right now....
The rooster tails on these cars seem to be a lot worse than in other series. Plus they don’t have headlights/tail lights. And for the F1 comparison, there’s double the car count, and they don’t get spread out as fast as F1 does.
Also cars don’t have sufficient wiper and defogger systems like GT cars. Not to mention drivers with a lack of experience racing in these conditions.

Last edited:
NASCAR really needs a hard look at the rain lights for the road courses

Make them more visible, bigger, have more of them on the car. The current setup is showing that it's not adequate for a heavy spray.

Last edited:
NASCAR, on a wet road course ( a **** F1 one at that...)

... not gonna lie, it's not working for me ... it's like the Tip-Toe 500.

Latest Posts

Back