2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Fantastic finish to a pretty good race. As to the finish. I’d put blame a little bit more on Blaney then Elliott. He tried to squeeze Elliot at the apex of the chicane hoping he would back out of it. But of course with it being the final corner of the final lap of a race that doesen’t count for points, Chase didn’t and Blaney spun himself around the nose Elliott.

Here’s a good angle of the incident from the side.

Last edited:
Why this final chicane reminded me so much of the Johnson incident at the finish of the Roval a few years ago.... We've only had two races at the Daytona RC and I've seen enough that I'd want this race to be the August night race. Don't need to run the oval twice.

We've only had two races at the Daytona RC and I've seen enough that I'd want this race to be the August night race. Don't need to run the oval twice.
What about instead of removing a Superspeedway race, we replace the fall Texas race.

What about instead of removing a Superspeedway race, we replace the fall Texas race.
Doesn't Texas only have one race now? You'd give it the All Star Race and that's it?

I’d also definitely put the blame on Blaney as much as Elliott for the end. He ran an awful line going into the last corner and basically gave Chase the inside so the result was inevitable. But it wasn’t a points race so didn’t matter.

A great start to the season after the jokes the last few Clashes have been. Having it on the road course breaks up the pack racing and big wreck monotony Speedweeks can sometimes become

Last edited:
Clint is getting roasted by everyone due to the results of the Super Bowl. :lol:

The manufacturer alliances are already doing damage. It really makes the restrictor plate races a giant joke when all the teams (especially the Chevys and Fords) pit together just because they were ordered to by the manufacturers themselves.

I didn't stay awake long enough to see race #2, but saw the highlights this morning. Too bad, it looked like it had a little more action than the 1st. The 1st race was ok.

I know it's somewhat good but seeing Dillon miss the race despite finishing 6th while Bilicki and Ware make the race after finishing multiple laps down makes me question if the Charter system should be re-worked again.

Well that was one heck of a finish. Ben Rhodes gets the win. Jordan Anderson finished 2nd for the 2nd year in a row. Roper 3rd as the field wrecks behind them.

Only complaint is that too many trucks got torn up. Otherwise, great race.

Last edited:
ARCA time! Also Jammie Little with the play-by-play for the race. Gonna be interesting to see how she does.

Last edited:
Wait... Tony Stewart... doing commentary? "Smoke" does look pretty dapper in the booth today!

Anyhow... green flag at Daytona for the XFINITY Series! Let's get it!

There should be no more questions as to why Ty Dillon has no ride. And then proceeds to blame the #8 and not take responsibility for his lack of skill

Last edited:
I may have jinxed Landon...
7A040543-62CE-4B5C-9E4E-C2E030FDD85F.jpeg

Back