2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Hopefully those curbs are high enough to deter cutting the corners. As otherwise, nothing will stop dirt and the bigger issue, mud, off the track.

As for the stopping, is it that hard to do like all other racing series in the world, and just tell the driver to give any spots or time back? Making one stop is a huge penalty. Maybe even more so than if the a drive through would.

Good race. Not having Elliot up front just flying away kept the race exciting in the end.

Elliott really screwed himself today, he probably had a chance to at least finish 2nd.

Great job by Bell during the last few laps to get the win. Allmendinger, McDowell and Preece all finished in the top 10, which is great for those teams.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning Suarez finishing 16th. For being a new team they have impressed me thus far.

NASCAR need to change the rain caution rule.

For being the owners of IMSA they really seem to have a lot to learn about how the road course races should be ran.

Elliott really screwed himself today, he probably had a chance to at least finish 2nd.

Great job by Bell during the last few laps to get the win. Allmendinger, McDowell and Preece all finished in the top 10, which is great for those teams.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning Suarez finishing 16th. For being a new team they have impressed me thus far.

For being the owners of IMSA they really seem to have a lot to learn about how the road course races should be ran.
That caution also screwed over Elliott (and also Truex, Kyle Busch and Larson) in hindsight. NASCAR had no reason to throw it other than they reserved the right to do so.

Pulled a Mark Webber, eh? :ill:

About the race though. It sure was topsy turvy. It felt like Elliott's race to win, then the caution for rain came. Then it looked like he may win anyway if he got by Kurt, then he spun. The Dinger looked strong as well. He came from the back of the field at the start, but his speeding penalty put him back in heavy traffic. Then from what I could tell (from one of FOX's many side-by-sides during a caution), he got a flat tire in one of the many skirmishes while trying to make his way back to the front. Somehow he clawed his way back to 7th before the checkered flag. Impressive run.

But congrats to Bell on his win! We're 2 for 2 with first time winners to start the season.

Bell is one of the guys I'm rooting for this year along with Briscoe, Elliott, Blaney and Matty D. Really happy to see him get his first win :)

Last edited:
Edits to the OP:
  • Added Logos for eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series and eNASCAR Proinvitational series.
  • Added schedule for eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing series

Last edited:
2nd race of the 2021 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series is live!

But bummed to see little coverage on Ferrucci. Though, don’t blame Fox and NASCAR for that.
They mentioned him a little bit in the beginning but once he hit the wall he was running in the high 30s a couple laps down for the rest of the race. He was impressing me though. Running top 20 having never driven a stock car.

Byron had a strong run today. Harvick and McDowell both keep their top 10 streaks. Kurt Busch came back from a loose wheel to finish 8th.

Not an amazing race but pretty good by the standards of the high downforce package. The track definitely puts on a better show when it’s hot during the day.

One thing I’m really enjoying this year is for the first time in about a decade we’re starting to see some different teams be competitive and midpack guys able to drive into the top 10, like how it was in the 90’s and early 00’s. Hopefully that trend continues.

No surprise Byron is on the upward trajectory with Fugle on the box. Criminal how long it took for a Cup team to hire him.

Not an amazing race but pretty good by the standards of the high downforce package. The track definitely puts on a better show when it’s hot during the day.

One thing I’m really enjoying this year is for the first time in about a decade we’re starting to see some different teams be competitive and midpack guys able to drive into the top 10, like how it was in the 90’s and early 00’s. Hopefully that trend continues.

No surprise Byron is on the upward trajectory with Fugle on the box. Criminal how long it took for a Cup team to hire him.
The established big name drivers are going to have job to get into the playoffs this season. This is good! Reddick very impressive.

A bit late cause I had to drive somewhere immediately after the race ended which I was watching on my phone in an Olive Garden:

BYRON WON BABY!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2ND CAREER WIN LET’S GOOO!!!!!!

eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Las Vegas starts in a little under an hour.

Back