2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Byrons team is gonna try to repair the car after it got punted so hard it went up on two wheels.

So it will either be 2 or 3 hours OR the race will run tomorrow morning (and it would make most sense for them to push a 10 AM start as rain is again in the forecast tomorrow afternoon).

I saw the big pile up. That was one hell of a
push by Kyle Busch. Are drivers held accountable when stuff like this happens?

I'm feeling a lot better about not going down to Daytona this year. It's bad enough when they seem to start the race later and later every year, and is even more miserable when it rains.

I saw the big pile up. That was one hell of a
push by Kyle Busch. Are drivers held accountable when stuff like this happens?
Sometimes they are. It depends how the wreck starts and how pissed off the driver(s) involved are. Then you can see either vigilante justice or "go to the big hauler after the race".
I'm feeling a lot better about not going down to Daytona this year. It's bad enough when they seem to start the race later and later every year, and is even more miserable when it rains.
NASCAR is chasing the prime-time crowd and this is the new normal. As I mentioned a few pages ago, they explicitly set up the calendar for 3 or 4 PM starts so they can have twilight finishes. Of course, they also seem to not be able to adjust when anticipated weather looks foul and you typically get this kind of problem. I can't even find appropriate statistics for rain-delayed or rain-shortened races but if you told me that the last 3 years had the largest share of weather delays I'd be hard-pressed to argue.

If the race is to be run tomorrow, Jim Utter reports that it will be at 4PM Eastern.:banghead:

Last edited:
Drivers were just told to return to their cars, guess I'll be buying some Monster tomorrow. :lol:

I feel like some of these post wreck resurrected zombie cars are going to be dropping mud and parts on the track once they go green :scared:

29 cars left. One of which was just black flagged due to loose parts flapping the back end of his car (Byron).

Caution for the Mane n' Tail 00 and the High Point 14. Looks like Houff is done.

Last edited:
Wallace is either gonna win this race or get turned. Every time he get’s pushed he gets squirrelly. Every time he throws a block it seems last second.

Continues the tradition of upset winners every decade since 2001.

I’ve always hated that smug self-righteous prick but guess he deserves his moment in the sun after paying his dues for so long

The turning point of the race in my eyes was when the Fords came down to pass then immediately pitted. Because the Toyotas then failed to come to pit road with the Chevrolets, that pretty much doomed Hamlin and Busch. The last lap reminded me the most of the 2006 Fall Talladega race, when Brian Vickers turned Jimmie Johnson into Dale Earnhardt Jr. on the last lap en route to his first career victory.

Last edited:
If this is how the season will go, I'll be missing a lot of races. Anything after midnight is already getting difficult for me to watch but these starting times are just not worth it to try and stay awake.

I'm happy for Front Row, putting all their eggs in the restrictor plate basket finally paid off for them.

I must also give credit to the Trackhaus team, I know it was only one race, but for it being their very first they looked impressive until they were knocked out. Hopefully they can continue impressing all year.

Continues the tradition of upset winners every decade since 2001.

You could go one decade further as Derrike Cope was an upset win in 1990 and you could also make an argument for Dale Jarrett's first win in '92.

I'm happy for Front Row, putting all their eggs in the restrictor plate basket finally paid off for them.

I must also give credit to the Trackhaus team, I know it was only one race, but for it being their very first they looked impressive until they were knocked out. Hopefully they can continue impressing all year.

You could go one decade further as Derrike Cope was an upset win in 1990 and you could also make an argument for Dale Jarrett's first win in '92.
And Marlin in 1994. Waltrip, McDowell and Marlin all broke triple digit race winless careers at Daytona.

Latest Posts

Back