2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
I've never been a big Larson fan, but if he does go on to win the championship it will also be a big blunder for Ford.

Tony Stewart tried everything he could to put Larson in the 14. Ford refused to have Larson drive for them.
Wasn’t the first, won’t be the last.
They’re probably still kicking their own:censored: for not signing Chase when he was a kid.

Wasn’t the first, won’t be the last.
They’re probably still kicking their own:censored: for not signing Chase when he was a kid.

They didn't want Chase either. Same story, Bill Elliott, a long time Ford driver, tried like hell to put Chase with a Ford team but Ford wasn't interested.

I would love to see that. Redemption for a poor move by Ganassi and NASCAR with their handling of a situation that the media had blown so out of proportion

Ehhhhh, given the context of said situation (that is, very casually dropping a racial slur on a live stream in front of goodness knows how many people, colleagues and sponsors), I'm not really sure in what other fashion you expected CGR and NASCAR (and Chevrolet) to handle that.

That being said, Larson does indeed look like a strong contender for the title this year, though I do still think it's a tad too early to tell. I'd go so far as to say this year so far looks like his strongest year in Cup. Each of the Hendrick cars are also looking very good so far, so we could see some interesting results from the whole roster over the course of the season.

Last edited:
They didn't want Chase either. Same story, Bill Elliott, a long time Ford driver, tried like hell to put Chase with a Ford team but Ford wasn't interested.
Oh snap. I always heard it was cause Chase was like 15 at that time and Ford doesn’t do anything with anyone under 18.
Thanks for clearing that up.:cheers:

The eNASCAR Pro-Invitational Series is live on FS1.
Racing at the proposed Chicago Street Course.

The eNASCAR Pro-Invitational Series is live on FS1.
Racing at the proposed Chicago Street Course.
There was a race?

All kidding aside, I'm not sure the Chicago course is wide enough for Cup cars. Passing looked to be difficult. Not to mention half of the field retired by lap 20 and there was no pass on the lead. Davison lead wire to wire, won by 50 seconds and lapped the field up to 3rd.

Old news but it was never posted here. Would be a great move for Kurt to finish out his career at 23XI but a massive blow to Ganassi. Kurt carries mediocre equipment to top 5 finishes by himself, and it’s going to take major changes to return CGR to being a top 10 team.

I’d have to imagine a funded young driver would get the 1 car next year then, like Noah Gragson or Brandon Jones.

Last edited:
There was a race?

All kidding aside, I'm not sure the Chicago course is wide enough for Cup cars. Passing looked to be difficult. Not to mention half of the field retired by lap 20 and there was no pass on the lead. Davison lead wire to wire, won by 50 seconds and lapped the field up to 3rd.

As bad as the race was, it was interesting to hear about iRacing helping with the California rebuild.

I’d have to imagine a funded young driver would get the 1 car next year then, like Noah Gragson or Brandon Jones.

I doubt either of those drivers would be a candidate since in both cases their Xfinity funding already has presence in the Cup series. My guess is that if Monster follows Kurt the #1 charter will get leased to Kaulig.

As bad as the race was, it was interesting to hear about iRacing helping with the California rebuild.

I doubt either of those drivers would be a candidate since in both cases their Xfinity funding already has presence in the Cup series. My guess is that if Monster follows Kurt the #1 charter will get leased to Kaulig.

I'm still mad that California Speedway is going to get downsized, especially since I never got the chance to go any races there... With that said, I get that the value of the land the track sits on is now so high that it's a bit of a miracle in and of itself that there's even going to be a racetrack there at all when the redevelopment is finished, but part of me regrets that one of the few tracks on the calendar that isn't a Short Track, a Road Course or a "Cookie Cutter" 1.5 Mile ovals left is getting turned into one.

Heck, we don't even know if the new car will be able to produce good racing on short tracks without added gimmicks like the PJ1 Traction Compound gunk, so I kind of feel that the redevelopment of California Speedway into a short track before seeing what the new cars could do on the 2 mile oval is putting the cart before the horse.

Then again, logic and NASCAR are kind of at odds with each other lately...

I'm still mad that California Speedway is going to get downsized, especially since I never got the chance to go any races there... With that said, I get that the value of the land the track sits on is now so high that it's a bit of a miracle in and of itself that there's even going to be a racetrack there at all when the redevelopment is finished, but part of me regrets that one of the few tracks on the calendar that isn't a Short Track, a Road Course or a "Cookie Cutter" 1.5 Mile ovals left is getting turned into one.

Heck, we don't even know if the new car will be able to produce good racing on short tracks without added gimmicks like the PJ1 Traction Compound gunk, so I kind of feel that the redevelopment of California Speedway into a short track before seeing what the new cars could do on the 2 mile oval is putting the cart before the horse.

Then again, logic and NASCAR are kind of at odds with each other lately...

They pushed off the reconstruction a year due to this year's race getting cancelled, so there is still a chance to see it in person if your situation allows it. It also gives the opportunity to backtrack if the racing with the new car and attendance is super good.

They pushed off the reconstruction a year due to this year's race getting cancelled, so there is still a chance to see it in person if your situation allows it. It also gives the opportunity to backtrack if the racing with the new car and attendance is super good.

Well, considering that the president of Sonoma Raceway commented today that most of the fans that are going to be joining me, my dad and a friend on Sunday are from Southern Califormia... California Speedway could probably get a good crowd for their first NASCAR race back IMO. Keeping that crowd would be the next question after that though.

Gragson is just sponsored normally by Bass Pro I’m pretty sure, Switch was the company he used to bring with him everywhere, which his father seemed to be involved in but their disappearance from Noah’s cars coincided with his dad’s legal troubles and having to pay $21 million to the family of the woman he killed. Noah just has nowhere else to go in the Chevy family in Cup, there’s certainly never going to be room for him at Hendrick. Unless the mythical JRM Cup team materializes. But I still think Allgaier is the natural fit if that happens.

Jones brings Rheem wherever he goes, it just depends if they have a contract with JGR to sponsor Bell which would keep Brandon at the team.

I don’t think Ganassi would go down to one car, they’re too big of an organization. And running an open car isn’t viable, it’s still unclear if the 37 will make it the full season this year or not. But who knows. CGR might be big enough to afford an open car.

I don’t know where the charters are going to change hands. The last article I read said Ware might be selling one and Spire are selling their third one (probably to Trackhouse since they’re leasing it currently).

Last edited:
I feel good about Chase's chances today, I feel like he's fired up after last weekend.

Last edited:
I feel good about Chase's chances today, I feel like he's fired after last weekend.
Yes, and Kyle Larson must also be a favorite. In fact, the entire Hendrick team is having a breakout season.

Yes, and Kyle Larson must also be a favorite. In fact, the entire Hendrick team is having a breakout season.
Remember that Byron was probably the second best car last time they raced here in 2019, (got the pole even) only got a poor finish because Knaus had him running for stage points.

Correction: He started 2nd. Larson beat him to the pole. But Byron took the lead on lap one and led 21 laps.

Last edited:
Sure is frustrating seeing Chase finish behind the 5 week after week. Whatever at least the team has turned it around.

Sure is frustrating seeing Chase finish behind the 5 week after week. Whatever at least the team has turned it around.

Chase had a perfect chance to undercut Larson and Gustafson missed it completely. And it would’ve probably put Chase in the lead for all the restarts at the end.

While it’s not NASCAR, it has former NASCAR drivers in it. The Camping World Superstar Racing Experience from Stafford Motor Speedway is starting now on CBS.

Last edited:
Back