2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
The Bristol dirt race is a gamble with weather. Could be normal spring weather or cold and miserable.
I’m wondering if that’s what they want. A little sprinkle. And if they are able to get the dirt worked in enough, it won’t be a muddy mess.

I’m wondering if that’s what they want. A little sprinkle. And if they are able to get the dirt worked in enough, it won’t be a muddy mess.
Maybe it’ll be a snow/dirt derby. 😆
Really hope not but that would be fun to watch.

Being from Bristol the biggest question is?
How loud are the "Bible Belt" folks going to be over the date.

Hats off to Doug Coby tonight finishing 12th. The result should show why NASCAR is basically dead. Nobody really cares what money can buy or who you're supposed daddy was back in the day

Hats off to Doug Coby tonight finishing 12th. The result should show why NASCAR is basically dead. Nobody really cares what money can buy or who you're supposed daddy was back in the day
I mean, it really shows how you have become the resident troll of these threads in that a 41 year old driver who has run in the Whelen Modified Tour for nearly 20 years is either flush with money and/or has nepotism. NASCAR will surely be sorry to see your fandom for the sport end any day now.

I mean, it really shows how you have become the resident troll of these threads in that a 41 year old driver who has run in the Whelen Modified Tour for nearly 20 years is either flush with money and/or has nepotism. NASCAR will surely be sorry to see your fandom for the sport end any day now.
The statement is a compliment of Doug Coby. It shows that anyone can come into NASCAR and given semi decent equipment and be competitive. The man nearly had a Top 10. Its a jab at career bums like Almirola, the Dillons and the entitled one himself Chase Elliott, whose name or money got them there. Don't even get me started on Bubba, as that situation is an absolute joke. When Kurt Busch outruns the #23 every week by 10-15 places each week, there will probably an excuse as to why. But it still wont be the driver. NASCAR wont allow that to happen. Also you people may want to go on an actual social media platform and you will see many people are fed up with this and the direction NASCAR is heading.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Xfinity Bristol was a bit wild…
Just watched a replay of the finish. That...was something, to say the least!

Its a jab at career bums like Almirola, the Dillons and the entitled one himself Chase Elliott, whose name or money got them there.
So, I'm not a Chase Elliot fan by any means, but...seriously? We're talking about the guy who won the Xfinity title in his rookie season, finished 2nd in his 2nd Xfinity season by only a handful of points, and has spent about 50% of his Cup Series career so far finishing in (at least) the Top-10, right? The same guy who (admittedly with the help of mistakes from rivals and a fast-thinking pit crew) won the title last year? He's a career bum? I'm gonna have to disagree hard with that.

Say what you want about how Chase got his way into NASCAR, but the dude has 100% earned his place here, and is typically a contender almost every weekend. If you just don't like him, then that's your prerogative, but you have to give credit where it's due, and there's no denying that he's a competitive driver. Also, getting into good rides via money and/or connections is not at all unique to NASCAR, nor does it mean that a driver has less of a place because of it. I'm admittedly not intimately familiar with the history of NASCAR, but I'm willing to bet that a very significant number of highly-respected drivers entered the sport through somewhat similar means (Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon spring to mind, and neither of them were by any means bad drivers). Racing has always been a rich man's game, so to get upset because someone gets in thanks to money seems a bit silly imo.

Last edited:
Just watched a replay of the finish. That...was something, to say the least!

So, I'm not a Chase Elliot fan by any means, but...seriously? We're talking about the guy who won the Xfinity title in his rookie season, finished 2nd in his 2nd Xfinity season by only a handful of points, and has spent about 50% of his Cup Series career so far finishing in (at least) the Top-10, right? The same guy who (admittedly with the help of mistakes from rivals and a fast-thinking pit crew) won the title last year? He's a career bum? I'm gonna have to disagree hard with that.

Say what you want about how Chase got his way into NASCAR, but the dude has 100% earned his place here, and is typically a contender almost every weekend. If you just don't like him, then that's your prerogative, but you have to give credit where it's due, and there's no denying that he's a competitive driver. Also, getting into good rides via money and/or connections is not at all unique to NASCAR, nor does it mean that a driver has less of a place because of it. I'm admittedly not intimately familiar with the history of NASCAR, but I'm willing to bet that a very significant number of highly-respected drivers entered the sport through somewhat similar means (Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon spring to mind, and neither of them were by any means bad drivers). Racing has always been a rich man's game, so to get upset because someone gets in thanks to money seems a bit silly imo.
Trolls.jpg

Apologies for the double post, but general reminder, the Cup Series is racing tonight at Bristol. We're currently on lap 40.

Edit: Larson wins Stage 2. Looks like it'll be a close fight between him and Hamlin tonight.

Last edited:
Why is NBC so fixated on angry drivers throwing stuff this weekend? They showed a highlight reel of previous incidents like 6 times last night and now 2 or 3 times tonight.

Why is NBC so fixated on angry drivers throwing stuff this weekend? They showed a highlight reel of previous incidents like 6 times last night and now 2 or 3 times tonight.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Tony's helmet throw was legendary (even if it was highly dangerous), but NBC seems to think it's the greatest thing to happen in the last decade.

NBC has been rather 🤬 all weekend, they decided to show driver intros than proceeded to switch cameras every 5 seconds showing everything except the driver being introduced.

Both drivers drive away and no debris seen yet NASCAR throws the yellow immediately...

Last edited:
Elliot is pissed at Harvick.

Edit: Man just slowed up Harvick so that Larson could get by for the win. That's a move, indeed.

Last edited:
I’ve never pulled for Harvick in my life besides 2001. But man I was pulling for him tonight. Highlight of the night was Almirola going home. Go home son.

I hate this championship format. Making me stress all race long. But Byron got thru to the next round so I’m happy.

Edit: Props to Elliott and Harvick taking their post race discussion inside a hauler.

Last edited:
Edit: Props to Elliott and Harvick taking their post race discussion inside a hauler.
Chase: “Had Mr. H saying block. I’m not telling him no.”

Kevin: “I know. Just had to play it up for the views.”

Though I expect Chase to keep his helmet on next time just in case.

It's a miracle that the #9 team even advanced after that sloppy ass first round. I feel good about the Round of 12 though.

I was going to mention the insane number of tires getting cut down by the slightest of contact a couple weeks ago. Tonight's race proved how ridiculous it has become. You can't touch the wall. You can't ever-so-slightly bump another car. You look at a valve stem wrong and it snaps off. I hate seeing a driver's race ruined so easily, I don't care who it is.

I was going to mention the insane number of tires getting cut down by the slightest of contact a couple weeks ago. Tonight's race proved how ridiculous it has become. You can't touch the wall. You can't ever-so-slightly bump another car. You look at a valve stem wrong and it snaps off. I hate seeing a driver's race ruined so easily, I don't care who it is.
The Gen 6 Era is almost over (Thankfully)

Back