2021 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnBM01, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

Re: Deshaun Watson

Number of people accusing him of some kind of sexual misconduct now stands at nine.

2. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

I'll be honest, I forgot about this thread. :boggled:

News on the Bengals' front: A.J. Green is now a Cardinal. With Watt, they've now got a solid JJ and AJ (assuming he can stay healthy). I wish Green the best. He was a beast for the Bengals, being a perennial Pro Bowler from the get-go his rookie season. It's just unfortunate he became injury prone. Oh, and the fact Cincy couldn't win a playoff game with him. :grumpy: Sucks to see such a quiet, humble baller leave, but it's what is best for the team. Plus, let's face it, he'll have a much better chance of winning a ring in Arizona than Cincy unless the Bengals seriously upgrade their line to protect Burrow.

Speaking of which, the Bengals did FINALLY make a move and sign an offensive tackle in Riley Reiff today. So that's one piece of the puzzle. Also 8 time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins was released saving the Bengals some cap space. He was immediately replaced by the incoming Larry Ogunjobi from the Browns. Finally, backup QB Ryan Finley was sent to John's Texans. Considering the news surrounding Watson, they may need him.

3. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

16 as of today.

I honestly don't know what to think. I see Deshaun and I don't see an absolute madman or lunatic like AB in his destructive "prime". Guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

5. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Sorry for the now TRIPLE post :lol

[​IMG]

Goldilocks is a lock at No.1 for the Jags, according to Urban Meyer himself:

https://us.as.com/us/2021/03/30/nfl/1617059867_788204.html -could not find a source in english :( sorry.

Also, Lawrece is not attending the draft, which will be held in Cleveland this year. Now, please, for the love of God, don't turn him into Blaine Gabbert 2.0 Jaguars. PLEASE.

6. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

17-game season is a go for 2021.

7. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

I absolutely didn't see that one coming.

On paper it sounds and looks good. But in reality I see it going on two different ways: An exciting week full of games with playoff implications or a glorified preseason week.

My guess is that it will be the 2nd one.

8. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

What's going to be more this season? Watson's lawsuits, or the number of games this season?

Close one....

Jerome

Stavingo, Spacegoat and MoLiEG like this.
  9. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Speaking about that... now there are 21 lawsuits filed against him. Dos. Uno. TWENTY. ONE. :eek:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lawsuits-a...-at-21-qb-s-lawyer-releases-statements-of-sup

He might get his wish granted after all: He might not be playing for the Texans ever again. But the bad news? Maybe he is done in the NFL (???)

Jump_Ace likes this.
  10. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

Have fun with Finley. :D

MoLiEG and Jump_Ace like this.
  11. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Can you imagine if HE was on the cover of Madden last year? Ooh boy, it'd make me a believer in that curse.

Jerome

MoLiEG likes this.
  12. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Good news: Sam Darnold is finally free from the Jets. Sad News: Now it's guaranteed that Zach Wilson is going to be the next great prospect to be ruined by them.

I'm already pressing F for Wilson :/

Spacegoat and Stavingo like this.
  13. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Just need to look at how well Ryan Tannehill has played since escaping from Adam Gase. Hoping that Darnold can replicate this. Really like this deal for the Panthers.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    MoLiEG likes this.
  14. Stavingo

Stavingo

So now you guys got Darnold can you please return Teddy B to the Saints?

Thanks in advance

:lol:

Spacegoat likes this.
  15. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

Giovani Bernard was released by the Bengals today. Sad to see him go. :( He was a solid player and great overall guy.

16. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Despite he is not an elite back, he stayed with the same team for a very long amount of time. That is extremely rare for a RB these days.

Hope he gets a new team soon.

17. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

He spent one year as the main back before becoming the "change of pace" guy. That, and he was excellent at taking short passes and taking them for far longer than what should be possible. I believe I heard today that he holds the Bengals franchise record for catches by a running back. I hope he gets a chance for a ring somewhere. Because as you said, he was with the team for quite a while and was a fan favorite.

I also saw one interesting tidbit about the current roster. There are only 3 guys who participated in their last playoff game that are still on the team. Those players are Kevin Huber, Clark Harris and C.J. Uzomah. Yep, that would be the punter, long snapper and back up tight end. :lol:

18. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

19. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Yeah, I actually liked Alex Smith. I know him more, though, for his time in college. He helped carry the University of Utah when Utah was in the Mountain West (now in Pac-12). I still recall Utah running over the U. of Pittsburgh in the 2004 Fiesta Bowl. So again- all the best of Alex Smith in his retirement.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021 at 9:16 PM