2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Anyone there today? Have they made the joint a bit more walkable or is it still akin to going on a nature hike?

What the hell happened to the BJR cars? All four at the back of the grid. :crazy:
Striping looks familiar.

Think we can all agree that the WAU cars have pulled that striping off much better.

J/k :P

And yeah. Four rounds in and they still can't get the new graphics to work on a consistent basis. Honestly, they should bring back the old one until they figure it out.

Last edited:
Wow, that was a great drive from Heimgartner.
About time he won something. He had a rough start in the main game and I didn't really pay attention to him until he scored a podium at Phillip Island in 2019 with Save Our Sons on the bonnet (an organisation dedicated to the ongoing support of kids and families affected by Muscular Dystrophy, which I have). He showed himself as a serious contender that day and I've been behind him ever since.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. Mostert making contact with Waters, again. :lol: :crazy: Not sure you could blame Chaz too much for that one though. Seemed like he had nowhere to go.

Also, five different winners from the last five races? This is more like it.

Me after Sandown: "SuPeRcArS aRe BoRiNg! ThE sAmE gUy HaS wOn ThE FiRsT fIvE rAcEs"

*6 different drivers win the next 6 races*

Me now: "I guess I was wrong"

I don't know who, or what, is responsible for this, but thank you because I was rapidly losing interest in the championship.

"Supercars has earmarked testing of its Gen3 car to get underway midway through this year."

Yeah, best of luck with that when we still haven't seen a completed car yet.

I'm sensing there's two distinct agenda's when it comes to Gen 3 and both are financially driven. One is for the good of the sport and the other is for personal gain. It seems to me that Ford is behind delaying the introduction to 2023 and T8 are behind the push forward at all cost mentality.

Ford are trying to save money because understandably they don't want to have to re-homologate a new body shape (the new s650) after half a seasons use because let's face it, Gen 3 won't be ready for the start of 2022. I think this is a fair call after the debacle and extra costs Ford teams were put through in the last couple of seasons having to constantly change and remanufacture parts on what was an approved car. In comparison the Holden teams had to add a Gurney Flap... which was detrimental to the racing but cheap.

T8 on the other hand, and to a greater extent Roland Dane, are flat out pushing to go forward at all costs with Gen 3 in 2022 (I did read this somewhere but can't find it now). I can see two possible reasons for this and both are directly related to T8's welfare and not the greater good. Firstly is sponsor pressure to run something relevant, or even possibly it was part of the agreement to be running Gen 3, and secondly is their own ability to be able to produce and sell chassis'.

Hopefully Ford stand their ground or we'll have no manufacturers left. :nervous:

Edit: While on a bit of a rant here I may as well add 'why the hell are T8 a designated builder of the Gen 3 chassis, or Pace Engineering for that matter too' to my list of Supercars gripes. If Supercars wanted a fair and transparent Gen 3 introduction all chassis' should be made by a totally independent manufacturer, sold to Supercars, and then go into a random draw of who gets to buy which chassis. They should only be sold by Supercars or we end up right back where we are now! Otherwise all this will accomplish is more money in T8's pockets, and to a lesser extent Pace Engineering.

Last edited:
Seriously.i agree. Supercars don't want to be losing Ford again. No International travel will still mean low ticket sales. I don't know screen viewer numbers, but it's probably not good. Just hold off and bring them both out like COTF.

I agree about Holden/Chevy sponsorship. No doubt, promises were probably made before pre-Covid. Now, sponsors have to deal with lack of info and the possibility of having their brands on an obsolete car.

I said it before, should have gone the MARC Cars route. Either Gen 1 with relevant production style bodies or Gen II, which do look like T/A-GT3 cars.

The MARC Cars could work, as GTC race in Europe, USA and South Africa(they run BMW, VW and Audi shells with I4 turbos). Having invites for future Bathurst 1000s would be a plus. The current Marc Cars in the country, would bump up the field.

Well, enough about fantasy land. Seamer putting a clothes pin on any Gen3 talks, is bad business. Looks bad for those watching from the outside. Even if noone is watching from the outside any longer.

Seriously.i agree. Supercars don't want to be losing Ford again. No International travel will still mean low ticket sales. I don't know screen viewer numbers, but it's probably not good. Just hold off and bring them both out like COTF.

I agree about Holden/Chevy sponsorship. No doubt, promises were probably made before pre-Covid. Now, sponsors have to deal with lack of info and the possibility of having their brands on an obsolete car.

I said it before, should have gone the MARC Cars route. Either Gen 1 with relevant production style bodies or Gen II, which do look like T/A-GT3 cars.

The MARC Cars could work, as GTC race in Europe, USA and South Africa(they run BMW, VW and Audi shells with I4 turbos). Having invites for future Bathurst 1000s would be a plus. The current Marc Cars in the country, would bump up the field.

Well, enough about fantasy land. Seamer putting a clothes pin on any Gen3 talks, is bad business. Looks bad for those watching from the outside. Even if noone is watching from the outside any longer.
Supercars would never allow any one else to own the rights to a chassis they use, so MARC would be a definite no no for them. But they are exactly the type of independent manufacturer that could/should have been commissioned to do the design and build of the new chassis that I think is necessary if they want to make Gen 3 work.

Is there a less flattering angle than this? If so, I haven't seen it :yuck::lol:
Davison-QR-test.jpg

Gen 3 really needs to succeed if the series is to stay alive... I don't care if it's delayed by another year because it can't afford to be rushed.

Exactly this. Don't want to see a mid season rollout next year. Delaying it to 2023 is going to be beneficial for everyone.

Last edited:
The NASCAR reveal just floored me. As Paul Morris mentioned, that's how COTF rolled out. It was awesome to see Betty reveal the E63s with her drivers. It was all class.

As mentioned by the majority here, I'm sure most of us can wait. This dude(Seamer) need to listen to the fans.

Last edited:
Back