2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
IRL I prefer the Mustang but these renders look way better than the current gen Mustang.
Same here... but it's not hard to look better than the Gen 2 Mustang (although I did get used to it). I do find those particular renders to look a bit like Hot Wheels cars though (bad angle pictures or plasticky look possibly?? Not sure :confused:).

The Camaro looks to bulky in comparison to the Mustang in the road going versions and it's the same for the renders I've seen so far as well.

:D

2022-Gen3-Mustang-AH-NED-Racing-tough-3-4-view-scaled.jpg

Same here... but it's not hard to look better than the Gen 2 Mustang (although I did get used to it). I do find those particular renders to look a bit like Hot Wheels cars though (bad angle pictures or plasticky look possibly?? Not sure :confused:).

The Camaro looks to bulky in comparison to the Mustang in the road going versions and it's the same for the renders I've seen so far as well.

Gen3 Mustang looks great, definitely like it better than the Camaro

Maaaannnn, what a way to get people(Me) watching again! ;)

That's awesome. Back to Ford in GTSport FIA Manu I go. :lol::sly:

This does not surprise me in the least in regards to the paddle shift.

Ryan Walkinshaw:

“To be honest, I only know one who is supportive of it, and that’s Triple Eight.

“I’ve not spoken to a single other team that is supportive of it and I’ve never really spoken to any fans that really want it to happen either."

And I agree with all Ryan's points that favour keeping the shifter (with no auto throttle blip).

I felel the shifter doesn't matter. As Supercars are a touring car category, look at BTCC and TCR/WTCR. The races are still exciting. What make Supercars unique, are the small tyre and less aero than other categories.
Of course I haven't driven a V8SC and I know about the skill needed to race a V8SC. We've seen a fair amount of drivers learn to drive these cars properly, some fail and many rave about how different these cars are from anything else they've driven. It was the same when V8s moved from H-pattern to sequential. It kept the clutch, but there was less to go wrong with missed-shifts and broken gearboxes. Dropping from 6th to 2nd, skipping gears for feul saving, etc. Positive aspects of the H-pattern were gone too.

What will detract from the racing, is a poor program. They don't get the Gen3 package right(BOP & aero), noone will be concerned about where the drivers hands are placed.

What will detract from the racing, is a poor program. They don't get the Gen3 package right(BOP & aero), noone will be concerned about where the drivers hands are placed.
I agree about the BOP and aero but for me it's more than just where the drivers hands are. The proposed system completely removes a skill set that even the change to sequential left in place. The heal and toe will be gone and rev matching will be done by computer.

Pedal cam won't be needed. :(

I think the first time I saw pedal cam in V8s, was way back when Courtney started with DJR. So, I definitely get the appeal and what neccessitates activity for the drivers.
As mentioned by Barry Ryan from Erebus, I belive it's inevitable.

I think the first time I saw pedal cam in V8s, was way back when Courtney started with DJR. So, I definitely get the appeal and what neccessitates activity for the drivers.
As mentioned by Barry Ryan from Erebus, I belive it's inevitable.
Yep, me too, because what Triple 8 wants Triple 8 gets :irked:

When you're basically the only series in the world still using a shifter like they do, that makes you unique.
Though Trans-Am and NASCAR use H-patterns. Do NASCAR still use the 4-speed? I think I recall them changing the gauge cluster. That’s about it.
edit: 5-speed sequential for NASCAR.
edit2: okay, Trans Am still use a 4-speed

Last edited:
Though Trans-Am and NASCAR use H-patterns. Do NASCAR still use the 4-speed? I think I recall them changing the gauge cluster. That’s about it.
edit: 5-speed sequential for NASCAR.
edit2: okay, Trans Am still use a 4-speed
NASCAR 5-speed sequential is in the '22 car. They still currently use the 4-speed H pattern.

Last edited:
Just like every other car these days...
They also have TC, ABS, ESP, Adaptive Cruise Control and host of other things that aren't needed by a skilled race car driver. Gentleman drivers on the other hand... ;)

You can also turn off rev matching in a Mustang, not sure about the Camaro. Edit: You can in the Camaro too... they also both have options to have this weird stick looking thing with a knob on it between the front seats (this isn't directed at you @CLowndes888, just a general observation).

Last edited:
The Victorian government has extended Melbourne's lockdown until September 2. Fingers crossed it doesn't get extended any further than that because it'll probably put the rest of the season in danger but my hopes are very low.
They also have TC, ABS, ESP, Adaptive Cruise Control and host of other things that aren't needed by a skilled race car driver. Gentleman drivers on the other hand... ;)
Traction control to save on tyres and ABS to save on brakes. Surprised either of those haven't come up as options for Gen 3 yet. 🤪

The Victorian government has extended Melbourne's lockdown until September 2. Fingers crossed it doesn't get extended any further than that because it'll probably put the rest of the season in danger but my hopes are very low.

Traction control to save on tyres and ABS to save on brakes. Surprised either of those haven't come up as options for Gen 3 yet. 🤪
That's part of Dane's three-step program. Gotta get those flappy paddles in first. ;)

That's part of Dane's three-step program. Gotta get those flappy paddles in first. ;)
As mentioned by @05XR8, it's part of the ongoing plan... but TC and ABS are only stage two. Stage three is every other car bar T8 must have Adaptive Cruise Control adjusted to one car length, thus allowing only T8 to be able to overtake :sly:;):dopey:

Side note and off topic: I fricken love the adaptive cruise control on our Outback. It makes long haul/freeway driving such a breeze. Just set it at 6 car lengths and away you go. :)

Going off this quote. Paddle shift seems all but confirmed. Disappointed but not too surprised.

Team 18 owner Charlie Schwerkolt said he wants the stick to stay, but fears the paddles will ultimately get the nod.

"Look, I like the traditional stick," he said. "I think it's fabulous for the sport and for TV. So I'm a stick man for sure, I think it would be cool if we could continue that.

"But anyway, we'll see what happens. I think it's already done and dusted from what I hear."

Last edited:
The ESeries starts tonight, with Ocsar Piastri joining the grid for the first round. Hopefully there's going to be a few more guest drivers this year, it'd be cool to see Lando Norris again at some point.

Supercars are reportedly looking at delaying the 1000 even further until early December.

If they wants crowds at the 1000. They might as well delay it next year at this rate.

Last edited:
Supercars are reportedly looking at delaying the 1000 even further until early December.

If they wants crowds at the 1000. They might as well delay it next year at this rate.
I don't want it to be moved again. I'd rather have a race without crowds than no race at all.

Who saw that coming? I mean, aside from everybody of course.

In all seriousness. Good luck to the young fella. He looks to be a real talent.

Back