2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Maybe we should consider doing reverse grid races. Make it half points so in case one of the key contenders (SVG) is involved in stuff that happens in reverse grid races, the damage will be less in the points. So we can have a bit of a change to the results. And the grid for Race 3 is combined points for the weekend.

I'm fine in the Newcastle. My wife's family in Sydney are pulling their hairs out. If things stayed as they are here, the 500 could be doable next year. Doubt it'll happen. Permanent circuits would be best.

Really don’t care for this Qualy structure, especially when tomorrow just has the classic single sessions. Would prefer if they just had a combined practice 2 and Qualifying session.

Edit: Having the Shootout immediately after Q2 is an improvement though

Last edited:
Got to feel for Goddard. That was looking like one hell of a good lap. Hopefully the damage is only cosmetic.

Well that was something. But something that wasn't great. Btw I say no to The Bend on bidding for the Supercars.

Last edited:
Anyone else think Tander is doing a really good job commentating? I never liked him before, but his work in the pits and now calling the race has really changed my mind.
I watched a bit of the highlights of Darwin. Definitely overshadowed Skaife. Which, isn't hard to do. Didn't like him in a Holden, but since he's been in an Audi more than the SC, he's okay.

I watched a bit of the highlights of Darwin. Definitely overshadowed Skaife. Which, isn't hard to do. Didn't like him in a Holden, but since he's been in an Audi more than the SC, he's okay.
I don’t think him being paid to race an Audi in GT races has any impact on his commentary. Skaife definately gets less words in when Garths there, Mark just tends to talk over Chad Neylon.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Roland Dane thinks Brodie Kostecki should have let Shane by ''because he owed him one'' for the turn two lap 1 overtake? That move is Shane's bread and butter and if that's seriously what RD thinks then perhaps he should have Shane park up for about a year 😜

I'm liking Brodie more and more with every race meeting! Great move! SVG... not so much. Should've got another 15 seconds for serving up Scotty Pye if the stewards were going to be consistent. Consistently inconsistent it is though :boggled:

Fullwood in the ten for both races today. That's more like it.
Should've got another 15 seconds for serving up Scotty Pye if the stewards were going to be consistent. Consistently inconsistent it is though :boggled:
SVG's penalty for pushing Kostecki off was deserved. Although I found myself agreeing (shudder) with Dane that Kostecki was extremely lucky his move on the first lap didn't result in a massive accident. 15 seconds for the Pye thing might have been too harsh, I think 5 seconds would have sufficed.

Last edited:
I don’t think him being paid to race an Audi in GT races has any impact on his commentary. Skaife definately gets less words in when Garths there, Mark just tends to talk over Chad Neylon.
I'm saying I like Garth now, than when he was driving for Holden/HRT/Walkinshaw. He also did a good job for Audi in TCR. Just having a laugh. I miss the Sly emoji.

SVG's penalty for pushing Kostecki off was deserved. Although I found myself agreeing (shudder) with Dane that Kostecki was extremely lucky his move on the first lap didn't result in a massive accident.
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Roland Dane thinks Brodie Kostecki should have let Shane by ''because he owed him one'' for the turn two lap 1 overtake? That move is Shane's bread and butter and if that's seriously what RD thinks then perhaps he should have Shane park up for about a year 😜
Move was risky but nothing happened so Roland shouldn't complain. If there was an accident I'd understand his frustration, but there's no point giving back a position for something that didn't happen.

SVG's penalty for pushing Kostecki off was deserved. Although I found myself agreeing (shudder) with Dane that Kostecki was extremely lucky his move on the first lap didn't result in a massive accident. 15 seconds for the Pye thing might have been too harsh, I think 5 seconds would have sufficed.
Thing is with that move is he didn't cause a massive accident and if you remove the cars that were in front of SVG and BK from the equation the move was pretty well spot on the same as SVG's move on ADP at Hidden Valley (and his move on JW last round, and his move on SMcL at this track last year etc, etc, etc.............). So does SVG now owe ADP a position from the Hidden Valley round? ;):dopey:

And yeah, 5 secs might be about right for the Pye incident but 0 was the wrong call when there'd all ready been two penalties handed out for serving people up. I don't think Craig Baird's explanation was good enough. "He only lost one position" is not an excuse.

It's back @05XR8 :sly:

Move was risky but nothing happened so Roland shouldn't complain. If there was an accident I'd understand his frustration, but there's no point giving back a position for something that didn't happen.
My thoughts too!

SVG's move on ADP at Hidden Valley (and his move on JW last round, and his move on SMcL at this track last year etc, etc, etc.............).
Yeah, I get your point. Just thought it was a risky move to pull from that far back, on the first lap. It could have ended really badly if he had gotten it wrong.

Anyway. hopefully Waters or someone else has something for SVG in the third race.

That was more like it, I was worried we were going to see a repeat of last weekend. At least Whincup and SVG only “raced” for the lead once this weekend.

SVG... not so much. Should've got another 15 seconds for serving up Scotty Pye if the stewards were going to be consistent. Consistently inconsistent it is though :boggled:
Notice that Slade got a 15 second penalty for doing the exact same thing to Fullwood. 🤔 Consistently inconsistent is right.

Back