2022 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 424 comments
Pretty enough, but let's see it without 24" wheels...and given the slats over the fenders, I could see visibility being an issue as it has been with prototypes in the past. I normally do find these cars actually look better in real race trim than fancy promo images...so there's hope.
It looks more like concept art than an actual car. No door lines or mirrors. The real thing will surely be a lot less extreme.

Oh I know, I just don't know why they bother with stuff like that for a motorsports project. I get the whole "design language showcar art..." but not in a motorsport context.

Tends be more of an idea of the general design then anything else. Naturally as a concept, it won't take into consideration the important bits for Motorsport. Just a "Hey, this is what we're doing now" as has been the case multiple times.

Last edited:
I don't really care what it looks like, I just want to see a Ferrari on the grid full time again.

Not even 10 minutes in and a few contenders are already having issues including the overall pole sitter.

Edit: Wright Porsche having issues now as well.

Last edited:
Given the high attrition rate in the half hour, slightly surprised it's taken until the 3rd hour for the first FCY. Quite an odd incident as well, unfortunate given the cars involved.

Quite a lot of big hitters across all classes out/in trouble already at this point.

Last edited:
LMP3 has had a lot of trouble along with #20 LMP2. Too bad the #81 LMP2 got caught up in someone else's accident. I would have like to see what Sebastian Montoya had at night because he was mega quick during his stint.

So excited for Auberlen at this point I just ate an entire wheel of German smoked cheese.

... I'm sure it will go wrong soon :D :(

Issues for the #48 Ally Caddy in the pits - brake discs are being swapped and the engine has been switched off with only two and a bit hours to go.

One of the discs removed from the #48 has essentially disintegrated according to IMSA Radio.

Last edited:
The tail lights on one of the Lexus cars aren't working. Aren't you supposed to have at least one working head light and one working tail light according to the regulations?

Full service and new nose for the #31 Whelen car; Conway takes over from Denani as we enter the final two hours.

Last edited:
Bamber trying as hard as he can to throw away the win. Pushes a LMP3 car off track and gets a drive through, gets the lead back then cuts it too close to a GT car and spins himself off now he has to chase down Westbrook again.

How fast is that #01 Cadillac that Bourdais makes an error at the hairpin and drops to the back of the field and is now back up to 4th?

Ferrari's new 296 GT3 hits the track at Fiorano

wec-news-2022-la-nuova-ferrari-2.webp

la-nuova-ferrari-296-gt3-a-fio-1.jpg

la-nuova-ferrari-296-gt3-a-fio-1.jpg

This weekend will mark the 100th race since the ALMS-Rolex merger.

There's been some bumps along the way, but the future of North American sports car racing seems much brighter than it did 100 races ago so overall I would say the merger has been a success. Here's to the next 100! :cheers:

Back home from Mid-Ohio and we lucked out big with the weather. Bunch of thunderstorms rolled through the area Saturday but other than a lightning delay that cut the first MX-5 Cup race short, there were no interruptions to the weekend. Fun time as always, though it was disappointing to see the 01 Cadillac shoved off track and out of the lead.

Back