2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Decent race, can't be mad at second place. I wish chase would have been able to get pass Joey and Kurt faster.

14 different winners in 20 races.

Races to go:
Pocono
Indianapolis
Michigan
Richmond 2
Watkins Glen
Daytona 2

I’d be surprised if we don’t get 16+ different winners before the playoffs begin.

New talent is rising fast in NASCAR, especially with new cars and new teams. Out with the old, in with the new.

Races to go:
Pocono
Indianapolis
Michigan
Richmond 2
Watkins Glen
Daytona 2

I’d be surprised if we don’t get 16+ different winners before the playoffs begin.
It's definitely looking more and more likely, and I welcome the chaos that would bring with open arms. :D

Races to go:
Pocono
Indianapolis
Michigan
Richmond 2
Watkins Glen
Daytona 2
And of those remaining races 3 could be classified as wild cards considering how the road course races have gone thus far (and Indy last year) and Daytona being Daytona.

Nicely done by Bell.

So which poor soul will still miss the playoffs with NASCAR's brilliant, so called "win-and-you're-in" system despite getting a win? :lol:
I'm more interested to see the result of seeing 16 winners with Blaney and Truex not being among them. Currently they are 3rd and 4th in points, so if they were to miss I have to imagine there would be quite the 💩 storm if they were to miss.

Races to go:
Pocono
Indianapolis
Michigan
Richmond 2
Watkins Glen
Daytona 2

Chase has a 67 point lead right now, dude could roll into the playoffs with 5+ wins. In fact I think it's very likely he does so!

Nicely done by Bell.

So which poor soul will still miss the playoffs with NASCAR's brilliant, so called "win-and-you're-in" system despite getting a win? :lol:
I'm still waiting for the year we get a champion who essentially wins it without ever winning a race. :sly:

I'm still waiting for the year we get a champion who essentially wins it without ever winning a race. :sly:
I believe that something along those lines almost happened with Ryan Newman, where he was able to get into the final race without collecting a single win. I forgot which year that was, though.

I believe that something along those lines almost happened with Ryan Newman, where he was able to get into the final race without collecting a single win. I forgot which year that was, though.

In 2013, Austin Dillon won the Xfinity series championship without a win, and Matt Crafton won the truck series without a win in 2019.

It's coming for the cup series, watch. :lol:

I don't see JRM making the cup debut anytime soon. For one IIRC, Hendrick has a stake in the team, and he'd have to sell that stake for JR to make the jump.

It's cheaper and more cost effective for JRM to exist as a feeder team for Hendrick and RCR (Even though RCR already has an Xfinity car)
I think in the next 2 or 3 years we'll see them in cup in some fashion.

I think in the next 2 or 3 years we'll see them in cup in some fashion.
I wouldn't doubt that. Loopholes are meant to be exploited in NASCAR. And I'm sure JR and Rick Hendrick already are looking for ways to exploit them. :sly:

Even if it's some one off race like the Daytona 500, or a part time schedule without a charter.

Last edited:
In the event that we do get 16 winners, will NASCAR revert back to the old points format for 2023?

All I have to say is that Austin Dillon needs to get in the bin

Also I am so very siked for the 23XI top-10!

Last edited:
Nicely done by Bell.

The final 17/18 with 2 being elmated in first race. Too hard for NASCAR to keep up with the math!

In the event that we do get 16 winners, will NASCAR revert back to the old points format for 2023?
Probably not. “Win and you are in” was never a real thing. It’s more like win and you are theoretically in. Sounded good at the time.

Well, it's official, NASCAR will race in Chicago on July 1-2 next year.

Chicago-Street-Weekend-Course-Graphic-2-2048x1551-1.jpeg

As expected the fact this seems to be taking Road America's place and isn't Chicagoland has made it a rather unpopular call. For NASCAR's sake I hope they have a crazy turnout or it will make them look like complete idiots considering both years drew very well at Road America.

On a related note, they were talking about the July 4th weekend on Door Bumper Clear and they were saying that the city of Daytona doesn't want the race back on the 4th of July weekend since they haven't seen any fall off without the race.

Well, it's official, NASCAR will race in Chicago on July 1-2 next year.

Chicago-Street-Weekend-Course-Graphic-2-2048x1551-1.jpeg

As expected the fact this seems to be taking Road America's place and isn't Chicagoland has made it a rather unpopular call. For NASCAR's sake I hope they have a crazy turnout or it will make them look like complete idiots considering both years drew very well at Road America.

On a related note, they were talking about the July 4th weekend on Door Bumper Clear and they were saying that the city of Daytona doesn't want the race back on the 4th of July weekend since they haven't seen any fall off without the race.
So what track would go in favor for Road America? Las Vegas, Richmond or Kansas? I personally vote for Kansas but I can see a strong justification for Richmond.

Round 12 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Pocono Raceway is live in 40 minutes.

Edit: In case anyone missed it, the race was great from start to finish.

Last edited:
For NASCAR's sake I hope they have a crazy turnout or it will make them look like complete idiots considering both years drew very well at Road America.
I can tell you personally for a fact the second race at Road America had far less people than the inaugural race. I think Chicago's going to pull in a decent sized crowd, but nothing like NASCAR's return to Road America.

I did not know that the finish to the Xfinity race was even possible considering it was Gibbs and Gragson. Very impressive by both drivers.

Clean finishes are SO satisfying to watch. Awesome battle for the win. Gragson earned that with that move in 2 on the final lap. I thought for sure he was gonna back out.

That was some excellent defending by Gragson! I thought his team taping the American flag to the windshield was corny though lol

That was some excellent defending by Gragson! I thought his team taping the American flag to the windshield was corny though lol
I was scared it was gonna fall off. Hope he doesn't make that a thing. Stick with the fence climbing.

Kurt Busch has not been cleared to participate in today's Cup Series race at Pocono after his qualifying accident. Ty Gibbs has been drafted in to drive the #45 car in his place, making his Cup Series debut in the process.

Joe Gibbs's fantasy and Kyle Busch's nightmare: Ty Gibbs drives circles around Kyle today.

Anyone else suffering from those horrible Jessie Punch in the studio cuts? It is really ruining the broadcast.

Back