2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Race coming down to it and Hamlin is catching Chastain for the lead. 👀

Edit: and there it is. Hamlin runs Chastain to the wall on a restart and Chastain wrecks out.

Last edited:
Denny Hamlin now the all time wins leader at Pocono Raceway.

Also Ty Gibbs finishes 18th in his Cup Series debut.

Last edited:
Bit surprised by this.

I thought I heard awhile back that they can increase the penalty during the appeals process and considering what Keselowski got hit with a penalty equivalent to a DNF seems far preferable. It could also be a plea bargain in order to avoid further penalties from whatever they find back at the R&D center.

I thought I heard awhile back that they can increase the penalty during the appeals process and considering what Keselowski got hit with a penalty equivalent to a DNF seems far preferable. It could also be a plea bargain in order to avoid further penalties from whatever they find back at the R&D center.
That adds up. There aren't many races left in the regular season and if either Hamlin or Busch lose their pit crew for multiple races, it could end their championship bids.

Bit surprised by this.

Figured, why risk an L3 when NASCAR said last night it likely would not go beyond a DQ? Not to mention but what they did to the fascia had to be pretty clear cut for the DQ to happen in the first place.

"A thickness of 0.012 inches under the vinyl wrap"

My goodness, what a huuuge advantage. 🙄

Last edited:
NASCAR means business when it says the rules will be firmly applied in this new car era. It's only natural of course for the big teams to push the limits. This won't be the end of it. I love it when new teams and new drivers are coming in and winning. Go Watermelon Man!

Last edited:
"A thickness of 0.012 inches under the vinyl wrap"

My goodness, what a huuuge advantage. 🙄
Unfortunately for them a new rule was added starting this weekend that makes that illegal.

I’m other news, there was more passing per lap at Pocono than at either Atlanta races this year.

The Torpedo! He's apparently running the rest of the road course races this season, which means he'll meet up with Kimi at the Glen.

I wanted to say that this will be the first instance where a team has had two foreign drivers start a race, but then I remembered Ganassi had more than a handful of races where both Franchitti (Scotland/UK) and Montoya (Colombia) started.

Back