2022 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 415 comments
As you're probably aware, my Houston Texans finished the season 3-13-1 and fired Lovie Smith. I was actually pretty excited for the Texans under the wing of Lovie Smith. We won every Preseason game (not that it matters). Then... the regular season happened. Loss after loss after loss, and the Texans became incredibly inept. Most of the Texans' undoing was a combination of the fallout involving DeShaun Watson and that miserable Playoffs beat down at Kansas City after leading the first quarter 21-0. Oh, and also that Bill O'Brien guy whom I'll never forgive.

Most people are incredibly unhappy with how the team has progressed between 2020 and now. People can complain at me all they want about this past weekend, but even if my Texans had to lose one last time just to lock up a first-overall draft pick, I am NOT cool with wanting my beloved team to lose even if the season is a lost cause. It is as if to say, "your team isn't going to the postseason, so why bother trying to win again this season?" The only time I'll be okay with losing is if my team makes the postseason and rests their starters to make their postseason run. The players still want to win even if management want to lock up a top draft pick. This is good for the players because they want to show they can win on any given weekend even in a disappointing season. But no- this is a team that is a combined 11-38-1 these past three seasons. For you baseball fans on GTPlanet, how do you think I felt when my Houston Astros had three-straight 100-loss seasons? NOW look at them- basically carrying Houston sports while the Texans and Rockets (and even the Dynamo) consistently fail.

It will not be an overnight fix for the Houston Texans to return to their winning form. It may not even be this offseason for which the Texans will turn things around and get back to being a decent, contending team. Many think the team should be sold or that upper management should be fired. We'll have our fourth straight season with a new head coach this upcoming 2023 season, and we've been through five coaches since 2020. The team needs to improve, and the coaching has to be more consistent and more stable. Otherwise, the Texans will continually be screwed until they finally get it right.

Extended rant over, but I'm hellishly upset at my Texans the past few years. Lots of things need to change for this team to ever be a contender again.
I can totally understand where you are coming from buddy. All I can say is you gotta be patient, I have been through that with my Giants these past few years, granted not quite at the same level so to speak. But, thats part of being a true fan imho; sticking with your team through it all. Its easy to be a fan when your team is winning, but true fans keep the faith....and man is it hard at times :lol: But really, just like you said with the Astros, they are the kings now :) Hang in there buddy, eventually you guys will turn a corner, just like the Lions finally have (I'm 99% sure anyway :P)

Jerome

Haha, I sadly remember that play, was it that Judge had no right being a head coach, or we've been drafting so terribly under Gettlemen? Honestly, I DGAF right now :lol:

Jerome

If your beloved team made the Playoffs, welcome and congratulations! If your team did not make it this far, better luck next season. It's the Wild Card games this weekend. The rules? Four simple words- WIN OR GO HOME. Your team(s) won enough games to make it this far. Now, you got to keep winning to stand the best chance of becoming Champions and to hoist the Lombardi Trophy at season's end. That is... unless you want your team(s) to have playoff watch parties or purchase tickets to be at playoff games, knowing your team(s) could have PLAYED in those playoff games than watch them.

Anyhow... today's schedule:

• SEA Seahawks at SF 49ers
  • LAC Chargers at JAX Jaguars
  • MIA Dolphins at BUF Bills

Remember- you win, you advance. You lose, your season is over, and we'll see you at the 2023 NFL Draft!

Enjoy this Wild Card weekend... which also happens to be my birthday weekend!

As you're probably aware, my Houston Texans finished the season 3-13-1 and fired Lovie Smith. I was actually pretty excited for the Texans under the wing of Lovie Smith. We won every Preseason game (not that it matters). Then... the regular season happened. Loss after loss after loss, and the Texans became incredibly inept. Most of the Texans' undoing was a combination of the fallout involving DeShaun Watson and that miserable Playoffs beat down at Kansas City after leading the first quarter 21-0. Oh, and also that Bill O'Brien guy whom I'll never forgive.

Most people are incredibly unhappy with how the team has progressed between 2020 and now. People can complain at me all they want about this past weekend, but even if my Texans had to lose one last time just to lock up a first-overall draft pick, I am NOT cool with wanting my beloved team to lose even if the season is a lost cause. It is as if to say, "your team isn't going to the postseason, so why bother trying to win again this season?" The only time I'll be okay with losing is if my team makes the postseason and rests their starters to make their postseason run. The players still want to win even if management want to lock up a top draft pick. This is good for the players because they want to show they can win on any given weekend even in a disappointing season. But no- this is a team that is a combined 11-38-1 these past three seasons. For you baseball fans on GTPlanet, how do you think I felt when my Houston Astros had three-straight 100-loss seasons? NOW look at them- basically carrying Houston sports while the Texans and Rockets (and even the Dynamo) consistently fail.

It will not be an overnight fix for the Houston Texans to return to their winning form. It may not even be this offseason for which the Texans will turn things around and get back to being a decent, contending team. Many think the team should be sold or that upper management should be fired. We'll have our fourth straight season with a new head coach this upcoming 2023 season, and we've been through five coaches since 2020. The team needs to improve, and the coaching has to be more consistent and more stable. Otherwise, the Texans will continually be screwed until they finally get it right.

Extended rant over, but I'm hellishly upset at my Texans the past few years. Lots of things need to change for this team to ever be a contender again.
BoB should have gone after that KC defeat. The problems with the Texans started with losing Duane Brown and from then on its been a debacle.

The past 2 seasons for me were always a write off. No cap space, no draft capital and a lack of talent at every postion. Culley and Lovie were placeholders till now. I think we have a pretty good base to build on. Now do I have faith in the front office to take advantage of that?. I don't know. This off season is big. The right HC and the team can become something. I'm watching with hope from the other side of the pond!

Last edited:
Two minutes to go in the game but I’m pretty certain Seattle isn’t going to pull out a last minute win.

Okay wow, those Jags, "but how tho" is all I have to say about that game. And the niners looked solid hanging 40+ on the Seahawks. I'd be shocked AF if they don't make it to the NFC title game.

Jerome

The Seattle game was fun but the fumble + INT one-two combo really killed them. The hawks were totally in it until that point. The Chargers Jags game had some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. It was a total joke. When LAC missed that FG in the 4th, it was like karma because that drive should've ended before Herbert flopped. Walker shoved him, but he totally sold it pro-wrestling style. What a joke.

The Seattle game was fun but the fumble + INT one-two combo really killed them. The hawks were totally in it until that point. The Chargers Jags game had some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. It was a total joke. When LAC missed that FG in the 4th, it was like karma because that drive should've ended before Herbert flopped. Walker shoved him, but he totally sold it pro-wrestling style. What a joke.
Staley is going to get axed. That's 2 straight outcomes (playing your starters in a meaningless game and watching them get hurt and then blowing a huge lead in the playoffs) guaranteed to shorten a coach's career.

FmfJdilXwAU_eqg

Fmg-LOqWYAEpGEe

Today is my birthday! I guess the NFL's gift to me would be some more football. So here is today's schedule:

• MIA Dolphins at BUF Bills
  • BAL Ravens at CIN Bengals
  • NYG Giants at MIN Vikings

Plenty more action to come, so enjoy today's games!

You know, that fail by the Los Angeles Chargers at the Jacksonville Jaguars reminds me a lot of the Texans at Chiefs AFC Playoffs game in the 2019 season. Up by 21 or 24... only to lose BAD. Playoffs are a different animal. According to Pro Football Reference, their 27-point lead yesterday was the biggest blown lead in the history of the Chargers franchise (Los Angeles and San Diego). Sad.

I’ve been a Dolphins supporter for 20 years, and every time they’ve made the playoffs it’s come with nothing but pessimism. Today will be no different, Skylar Thompson is no Brock Purdy

I can't believe we beat the Vikings on their turf. That drop by Slayton wasn't pretty, but we got the W anyway. Now I believe we are on to Philly (I keep hearing are the worst fans?).

But for now, go Bengals @Dolph Drago GL buddy!

Jerome

I'm not sure I've witnessed anything that has brought NFL fans across the country together more than the NY Giants going to Minnesota and kicking their teeth in.

Maybe 18-1.

Last edited:
It's always stressful because the Bengals never win easy. The Hubbard 98 yard fumble return was the highlight of tonight's game.

I am certainly worried about next week. The starting offensive line had finally gelled, leading to many fewer sacks against Burrow in the second half of the season. Now 3 of them are hurt. I'm getting flashbacks to last year. The other worrying thing? The Damar Hamlin situation means most everyone, Bengals fans aside, will be pulling for the Bills for the feel-good story. Cincy has to block that out. Oh, and the game will be in Buffalo. Possibly in the snow. :nervous:

It's always stressful because the Bengals never win easy. The Hubbard 98 yard fumble return was the highlight of tonight's game.

I am certainly worried about next week. The starting offensive line had finally gelled, leading to many fewer sacks against Burrow in the second half of the season. Now 3 of them are hurt. I'm getting flashbacks to last year. The other worrying thing? The Damar Hamlin situation means most everyone, Bengals fans aside, will be pulling for the Bills for the feel-good story. Cincy has to block that out. Oh, and the game will be in Buffalo. Possibly in the snow. :nervous:
I dunno, it's not as if the Bills played particularly well against Miami. On paper, should have been a relatively comfortable victory.

And then on game day...

Tonight, it's the Dallas Cowboys meeting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The winner of this one will meet the San Francisco 49ers in the next playoff round. Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching/following!

I dunno, it's not as if the Bills played particularly well against Miami. On paper, should have been a relatively comfortable victory.

And then on game day...
Bills didn't show up. More accurately, Josh Allen was ineffective and kept Miami in a game they couldn't really win.

Are you in need of some entertainment this weekend? Well, let the National Football League help! The Divisional Games are this weekend. I got your schedule right here:

Today/Tonight:
  • JAX Jaguars at KC Chiefs
  • NYG Giants at PHI Eagles
Tomorrow:
  • CIN Bengals at BUF Bills
  • DAL Cowboys at SF 49ers

If the Bills and Chiefs win this weekend, the potential AFC Championship game will be held in Atlanta- home to the Atlanta Falcons (which is NOT an AFC team). It is that possibility of a neutral-site title game. This would only be a good idea if some team's stadium isn't suitable enough for a game because of weather or some other factors. However, this is a case of one non-conference stadium serving as a site for some title game. This would make as much sense as (to use college football as an example) the SEC Championship Game held in New York City, Seattle, or even Honolulu. Again- this is only something to look at if the Chiefs defeat the Jaguars and if the Bills defeat the Bengals.

Other than that... enjoy this weekend's action!

I'm looking forward to that and also looking forward to this years super bowl, we always stream it online at home, cause we don't have cable, just $50 internet, we have fiber optics which is supposed to give us the highest quality speed of internet. And we always have plenty of snacks, drinks and friends/company to watch it with us.

I wonder who will win this time, I'm sure it will be a grueling battle.

In the two pools i'm in, i have the same 4 teams,straight up and vs the spread.
KC(-8.5)-Phil(-7.5)-Cinn(+5)-SF(-3.5),wish me luck,there's some decent money to be won,:dopey:

I'm out until Leslie Frazier is fired.

Saints want a late first round pick for Payton. Bills have a late first round pick and to be frank absolutely need to clean house next year since they refused to do anything last year. I always liked McDermott but this playing to lose crap has always been infuriating and now it seems that the only reason they have ever done anything gutsy during his tenure was because of Daboll.

Last edited:
I'm semi-satisfied that Dallas is out. Now the 49ers need to beat Philly, but then lose to the AFC team (grew up with loud AF Dallas/SF fans :yuck:). I'd be fine with the Bengals winning it all, they have a solid chance, more so if Mahomes isn't 100%

Jerome

Back