2022 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 415 comments
The Bengals look better now than maybe ever before in franchise history and going to play a team they routinely beat and a QB who isn't at full health. I think this might be the turning point for the Bengals to be the best team in the AFC for many years to come. Also I have the 49ers winning.

Something tells me the NFC Championship is going to be the one to watch. Really want to see the Bengals win it all though. The Dolphins and the Bengals figured out the formula for success. Get a QB and surround him with a corps of #1 receivers. Work on everything else after that. That Bengals defense is really something in the post-season though. I will always respect Lou Anarumo for being the secondaries coach here with the Dolphins and being the guy responsible for shipping Vontae Davis off to Indy. :lol:

Something tells me the NFC Championship is going to be the one to watch. Really want to see the Bengals win it all though. The Dolphins and the Bengals figured out the formula for success. Get a QB and surround him with a corps of #1 receivers. Work on everything else after that. That Bengals defense is really something in the post-season though. I will always respect Lou Anarumo for being the secondaries coach here with the Dolphins and being the guy responsible for shipping Vontae Davis off to Indy. :lol:
As long as the QB doesn't get his ACL, MCL, etc...destroyed or get concussed every other game, it's a solid formula. Even with an offensive line made out of paper. I still can't believe how well the o-line played yesterday despite missing 3 starters. Mixon was running wild and Burrow only took 1 sack.

The defense was tremendous, as well. How they were able to limit Buffalo to only 10 points, and not give up a single point in the 2nd half, is beyond me.

With a hobbled Mahomes, I feel much better about next week than I did a year ago in the same game. I'm much excite.

Last edited:
I have the Eagles winning the NFC championship game and the Bengals the AFC. Personally, I'll be pulling for Cincinnati to win the Super Bowl.

As long as the QB doesn't get his ACL, MCL, etc...destroyed or get concussed every other game, it's a solid formula. Even with an offensive line made out of paper. I still can't believe how well the o-line played yesterday despite missing 3 starters. Mixon was running wild and Burrow only took 1 sack.

The defense was tremendous, as well. How they were able to limit Buffalo to only 10 points, and not give up a single point in the 2nd half, is beyond me.

With a hobbled Mahomes, I feel much better about next week than I did a year ago in the same game. I'm much excite.
Honestly? Miami almost got them. The secret is that in Buffalo it's cold AF, and receivers all have frozen numb hands. The Bengals took away the Buffalo run game, but Buffalo wasn't able to stop Cincy from pounding the rock. BUF had some key drops that forced either ridiculous 3rd and long situations, or which failed to convert on downs. It was much easier for Cincy to dial up their passing game as they found themselves in Third-and-manageable so much more often.

Four teams remain. Two seasons will continue; two others will end. Who will move one step closer towards playing for a Championship? Welcome to Conference Championship weekend, GTPlanet! Both games to be played on Sunday are as follows:

• SF 49ers at PHI Eagles (NFC Championship Game)
  • CIN Bengals at KC Chiefs (AFC Championship Game)

Again- winners play in Glendale, AZ for Super Bowl LVII. Losing teams will be looking forward to the 2023 NFL Draft.

Enjoy this weekend's games!

Ugh, one late hit penalty ended it :/ I was really pulling for Cincy, but as long as KC beats Philly, I'll be happy :P

Jerome

THIS JUST IN: as announced on ESPN's NFL Live, former Houston Texans player, DeMeco Ryans, signed a six-year deal to become the new head coach of the Houston Texans. Hopefully Ryans can turn around the misfortunes of the Texans the past few years.

THIS JUST IN: as announced on ESPN's NFL Live, former Houston Texans player, DeMeco Ryans, signed a six-year deal to become the new head coach of the Houston Texans. Hopefully Ryans can turn around the misfortunes of the Texans the past few years.
Now the rebuild begins. Really excited to see how this goes. Plenty of draft capital, good cap space. Some young talent in Pitre and Stingley on defense. The O line is pretty good for a QB to work behind. A centre needed though.

Things starting to look bright in H-Town

Maybe he does. We have to wait until July before it will be confirmed.

This just in: Tom Brady announces his retirement from the NFL.
As much as i didn't like him,i guess he goes down as the best QB ever.

Tom Brady, come July:
Comedy Challenge GIF by Alpha

DeMeco Ryans was recently introduced as the new head coach of the Houston Texans yesterday. He was met with great fanfare as well as gaining respect from former Texans, even including Andre Johnson. I had a weird vision of the Texans having either Andre Johnson or JJ Watt as the new head coach. Either A. Johnson or JJ Watt would be no-nonsense guys to turn around the Texans. DeMeco Ryans, though, is great as a leader. DeMeco Ryans played for the Texans during the Bill O'Brien (sigh) days. Now, it's his turn to try to turn around the Texans. I also heard ticket prices for next season went way up with this hire.

I am very sad the Lovie Smith coaching didn't last. I was rather excited when Lovie Smith was hired. The Texans, though, didn't do too much. I'm hoping DeMeco Ryans will do a much better job. If this doesn't work, Nick Caserio, and maybe a number of Texans' management has GOT TO GO.

Let me share with you what the Texans have been through since after the 2019 season. Since 2020, the Houston Texans have had a combined record of 11-38-1. The Texans last made the playoffs in 2019 with a 10-6 record. They won the AFC South in 2019 and won the AFC Wild Card game before collapsing BAD at Kansas City in their AFC Divisional match. The Texans' problems will not be fixed overnight or in just one season. At least this news of DeMeco Ryans as head coach gives hope for a city that has had its pro football and basketball teams slumping while its pro baseball team is flourishing.

The future is bright. Hopefully bright enough to make this team relevant again. What would be bonkers is if the Texans win more games this upcoming season than in the past three combined.

After watching the press conference @JohnBM01 I really excited for the future. Need to nail the draft and thing could be looking good over the next few years. I dont see us getting 10 plus wins but 8 would be a big step in the right direction

Zach Thomas is finally in the hall of fame. I feel like so many things in life just became better. Like a terrible injustice has finally be righted, and thus has lifted us into a golden age. Zach was my football hero.

NFL Draft. Training Camp. Preseason. Regular season. It began with all 32 teams playing and hoping to become Champions. Only the better percentile of teams advanced to the postseason. Little by little, the teams that made the postseason were further eliminated. And then... there were two. Two of the best teams (or two of the luckiest teams?) will be playing to hoist the Lombardi Trophy and be declared Champions of the 2022 NFL season. Will it be the AFC Champion Kansas City Chiefs, or the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles? Super Bowl LVII will tell all tonight in Glendale, Arizona, USA.

I hope you all enjoyed the season up to this point. Enjoy Super Bowl LVII, and congratulations to the eventual champions!

So, who are you all rooting for? We're just watching it for fun/entertainment. Lol at the refs. The guys should pay attention of what they do to the football. But if I had to choose a team to win, it would have to be the Eagles. I'm sure some of you will not agree but everyone has their own opinions.

I bet most people were disappointed in the outcome of the game so far... so who do you predict will win based on what has occured so far?

As a Giants fan, I'm super happy the Chiefs won. Fantastic game overall though, almost broke the most points in a super bowl record.

Jerome

Back