2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
Tonight is the 2023 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series championship race at virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway. 4 drivers will compete live in-person at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC for $100,000, and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cup!
Those 4 drivers are:
-Garrett Lowe for Jim Beaver eSports
-Tucker Minter for Team Dillon eSports
-Nick Ottinger for William Byron eSports
-Steven Wilson for Stewart-Hass Racing

Here is a write up from eNASCAR.com with a bit more background on each of the drivers.

And here is the link to the livestream of the event. Which is due to kick off at 8:00pm ET for Countdown to Green, with green flag at 9:00pm ET.

Last edited:
Won't post the video of the fight itself for several reasons, but Matt Crafton and Nick Sanchez got into a fight, supposedly it started when Crafton sucker punched Nick.

If it went down like Nick says it did Matt needs to be suspended. Straight up fighting is bad enough, we don't need drivers sucker punching each other, especially when the one doing the punching is twice the age of the other party.

Won't post the video of the fight itself for several reasons, but Matt Crafton and Nick Sanchez got into a fight, supposedly it started when Crafton sucker punched Nick.

If it went down like Nick says it did Matt needs to be suspended. Straight up fighting is bad enough, we don't need drivers sucker punching each other, especially when the one doing the punching is twice the age of the other party.

Yeah if Sanchez’s story is true, Crafton should be suspended. Lots of people saying Sanchez should be parked for his comments during the fight but I’ll give him a pass on that if his story checks out.

Ryan Blaney beats Harvick at the line to advance to the round of 8!

Silly Season news:
  • Harrison Burton will be back in the 21
  • The "Will he stay or will he go" saga with Aric Almirola continues

The good news is it sounds like Iowa is getting a Cup date!

The bad news is Iowa was supposedly a fallback option if Montreal didn't work out.

The worst news is the short track package still sucks, but at least Xfinity will hopefully be there as well and they are great more often than not.

The good news is it sounds like Iowa is getting a Cup date!

The bad news is Iowa was supposedly a fallback option if Montreal didn't work out.

The worst news is the short track package still sucks, but at least Xfinity will hopefully be there as well and they are great more often than not.

Canada really doesn't want a Cup race do they?

Seems Kostecki isn't done with NASCAR, and he is bringing his Supercars team with him (in partnership with RCR).

Canada really doesn't want a Cup race do they?
Whoever was sitting at the control panel of the Iowa website jumped the gun and briefly revealed the date to be June 16th, which happens to be the weekend after the Canadian GP. If that was the date they were offering Montreal I can certainly see why it didn't work out.

Seems Kostecki isn't done with NASCAR, and he is bringing his Supercars team with him (in partnership with RCR).

Well isn't that interesting. This is sure to increase NASCAR viewership even more here in Australia. Time to bring back the Thunderdome at Calder Park!

Iowa is official!

Was hoping it would be a little earlier in the day though as the 6PM start time makes it hard for me to drive 4.5 hours each way than work the next day. I might be getting an additional week of vacation though so if that happens I will 100% be going.

2024 Schedule is out. Biggest surprise (aside from Iowa) is that Watkins Glen is now a Round of 16 race. The Roval WILL return for 2024, so 2 plate tracks and 2 road courses for the playoffs.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that the Glen being moved is primarily due to the Olympic break*. I wouldn't be too surprised if they moved it back out of the playoffs after that, unless some incredibly amazing results happen this time around.

That said, the sooner we get Texas out of the way the better, as far as I'm concerned.

*somewhere Brain France Jr. is appalled that they're not planning to directly compete with a much larger sporting event in a self-sabotaging attempt for ratings supremacy

It’s about time. Hopefully Indycar does the same with the people at iRacing.

Last edited:
Doubtful. I don't even think it will get a Heat name. It might just go back to Papyrus naming convention.
I’m not saying it will use the name, just that they will use it as a base like they’ve done with their post-MSG games.

I’m not saying it will use the name, just that they will use it as a base like they’ve done with their post-MSG games.
I dunno, with the whole faff going on with Unity they probably won't re-use that game engine. That and there are game engines that are more robust and just as affordable now.

Back